RMweb

Great news worth waiting for Andy! In case I forget, hope you and George have a great trip at the weekend but try not to over-do it. It looks like you're going to need all your energy at this rate!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Cheers Jock, neither George or myself can walk very far without a rest so we will pace ourselves and have loads of sit downs and coffee's I would think, (providing the prices aren't designed for football players).

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of Dave Shakespeare's work on display, and may be even tempted to splash the cash, but with a bigger Shed to pay for and 2 7F's on there way to me I have to reign myself in a bit.

So George can buy the coffees, hahha

Bodge

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Looks like I'll need yet another Black 5, Bitton Yard but I don't know the year.

post-9335-0-01426800-1409859123.jpg

What this pic does show is the embankment at back of the Goods Yard, that will be the front from my point of view when operating so it may not get modeled, if it does, it wont be so high.

Bodge

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 7

Just noticed looking back to post #801, that the two signals on the Down / Bath end No's 3 and 11, are in the wrong place and should be Bath side of the over bridge, I have amended my Master Plan accordingly.

Bodge.

• Like 2

Looks like I'll need yet another Black 5, Bitton Yard but I don't know the year.

attachicon.gifBlack 5.jpg

What this pic does show is the embankment at back of the Goods Yard, that will be the front from my point of view when operating so it may not get modeled, if it does, it wont be so high.

Bodge

Cant have too many of them  :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Plan looks pretty good. That extra couple of feet makes it so much easier to get it right. Still think it might be worth tweaking a bit with tighter entries to fiddleyard to get better curves on scenic bit.

Also, you have a 48L in the goods yard at a location which photos show as a Y. That may be inevitable due to a tighter curve than prototype. But you might be able to use Ys at a larger radius than 72.

• Like 1

Plan looks pretty good. That extra couple of feet makes it so much easier to get it right. Still think it might be worth tweaking a bit with tighter entries to fiddleyard to get better curves on scenic bit.

Also, you have a 48L in the goods yard at a location which photos show as a Y. That may be inevitable due to a tighter curve than prototype. But you might be able to use Ys at a larger radius than 72.

I see what you mean Joseph, a I might need to look at that one.

Bodge.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifBlack 5.jpg

Bodge

1974 or later, it left Bitton for the Great Central but I cannot find a date, 45379 had been rescued from Barry and parked up, minus most of its motion.  There is quite a modern truck in the background as well (Volvo?)

http://www.watercressline.co.uk/article.php/30/45379-lms-black-5

I like the plan Andy. It should work well you can watch the trains on the main line or shunt the yard not intensive operating but a nice relaxing set up.

Don

Cheers Don, I wanted a shunting yard after playing with Bacup, but I also wanted a Main Line to run long freight on and I think I have the best of both worlds with Bitton.

Bodge the Bitton Builder.

• Like 1

Did someone say black 5 ..........!!!!!!!!?????

Hi Andy just caught up with progress and looks like you are getting there the track plan looks good.

You need to put your mark on the floor " bodge woz here " keep up the good work Andy.

Thanks Mark, the concretes gone off now so I'll have to carve it in the Shed side, ahha.

Bodge.

1974 or later, it left Bitton for the Great Central but I cannot find a date, 45379 had been rescued from Barry and parked up, minus most of its motion.  There is quite a modern truck in the background as well (Volvo?)

http://www.watercressline.co.uk/article.php/30/45379-lms-black-5

Mick, how do you do it, I thought I recognized the number and so I checked my Excel spread sheet to see if it was one of the 3 I have. Now I see I've probably ridden behind her both at Ropley and on the GCR, I'll have to check my photo bank in the morning.

Thanks.

Bodge.

Edited by Andrew P

Andy

Great news on the 'improved' home for Bitton. Just that small enlargement makes a huge difference to the plan.

Once the shed is up I expect to see something running by the end of the month :jester:

Duncan

Andy

Great news on the 'improved' home for Bitton. Just that small enlargement makes a huge difference to the plan.

Once the shed is up I expect to see something running by the end of the month :jester:

Duncan

Thanks Duncan, don't expect fireworks on this one, the research has been fantastic, I've enjoyed every minuet of it.

The next big step will be getting the track into the right place and laid properly.

Bodge

As people have said before it won't be long until you have pictures of locos running on bitton and black 5s on freight lol

Mark

Agh yes a Black 5 on the Vans and either a Super D or 8F on the Coal, all with SOUND.

Apparently there were about 40  wagons of coal a Day into Bath Gas works.

Bodge.

• Like 2

Morning Bodge,  Now that you have retired from the exhibition circuit there is no rushing or deadlines to meet, so relax and enjoy the build, really looking forward to watching 'Bitton' grow into a smashing layout,

George

• Like 1

Hello Mate,   Yes the new version looks far better, you can sit and watch the trains go by till your hearts content hahahaha

George

Morning mate, when you come down we can sit down with a Coffee, have a good chat and and put the world to rights.

Bodge.

A nous for detective work, a fast broadband connection and a knack of searching in the right places :boast:

But then I still lose things round the house and can't remember what I did an hour ago :nono:

Morning Mick, I find that time is the problem I have, I always seem to have another thing to do, I sit down with Flip Flop and come on here, then I'm addicted to R M Web for a couple of hours, hahha.

Bodge..

Morning Bodge,  Now that you have retired from the exhibition circuit there is no rushing or deadlines to meet, so relax and enjoy the build, really looking forward to watching 'Bitton' grow into a smashing layout,

George

Morning George, I couldn't agree more, 12 Months ago I would have said, well the Shed is coming on the Friday, I wont go to Cov, I'll get it lined out so I can start the Layout.

I certainly will enjoy the build, the research has been the most fascinating I have ever undertaken for any Model Railway project I have ever built, with Project Bitton its been so rewarding, and that's thanks to the R M Web contributors.

Bodge.

• Like 6

Hi Andy,

Well! You do it to me every morning!!!!! I can't get ready and leave for work until I've had my Bitton diet but at this rate of posts to read all I'm losing is TIME. Great stuff, love it!!

• RMweb Premium

I'VE GOT A BIGGER ONE :O

shed that is

I've gone from a

16ft x 8ft

to a

18ft x 9ft

Loads more room for a nice long plan.

A VERY HAPPY Bodge, :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Dear Mr Bodge

It is not how big it is. It is how you use it.

Yours

Miss Rivette Counteer

• Like 1