Austrains' British Venture

Markeg

I'm hoping so as well. It's always a high point of the month. Though I doubt there will be a vintage bus service-I think that commercial busses are now used to aid the increased flow of people. Not certain, but I'll keep an eye out. I have a copy of the map/floor plan, and have identified where Austrains are-I'll make sure to enquire and report back on the MR/LMS locomotive

http://www.amransw.asn.au/documents/2014_floor_plan.pdf

I'll also let you know if it's a 'good show, old boy'!

Did anyone say the Kirtley 0-6-0?...... :)

I believe that was the locomotive mentioned by John (too much going on today)...I do know it was Kirtley, and possibly to come out as a tank as well. I also know if that works his partner in the UK would like to do the Adams Radial next

• RMweb Gold

I believe that was the locomotive mentioned by John (too much going on today)...I do know it was Kirtley, and possibly to come out as a tank as well. I also know if that works his partner in the UK would like to do the Adams Radial next

The latter being a somewhat difficult target as no two of the final survivors were the same.

Thanks 69843 for the update. 

I'm more a LNER modeller, but will check my LMS book to see if I have a photo. Adam's Radial sounds interesting.

Mark

Not a problem. John was more than happy to answer the questions, and admitted to being 'a closet LMS fan'. I'll be holding out for a Radial.....

It also is a separate venture to Austrains, despite the similarity in names. John is more on the knowledge and contacts in China side of things.

The latter being a somewhat difficult target as no two of the final survivors were the same.

Very true, but his partner in all of this (a good mate of his in the UK who apparently has a bit of cash after retiring, and is looking to make something different) is apparently from the Southern Region, and a big fan of the Radials. I assume that the differences would be catered for, knowing how good the Auscision Austrains stuff can be

Edit: Name fudge fixed.

I thought you meant me then but now realise you meant John from Auscision!

Wow! Really?

A Kirtley 0-6-0, that would be some kind of awesome! Thanks for the info, if that happens then Windley will have to be backdated.

Cheers,

John (Edge!).

I'm 95% certain it was the Kirtley 0-6-0 (both versions). As I said, I had a lot of people I caught up with in between talking to Austrains John, but it was definitely Kirtley, MR, and to be possibly done as a tank in the future.

My apologies for the confusion Mr Edge!

The latter (Adam's Radial tank) being a somewhat difficult target as no two of the final survivors were the same.

Ah, but they were identically cute. And for most of the potential customers that's gong to count for more than anything else; that, and the difficulty of a DIY build. Cue a rash of Southern BLTs, built as ultra-compact layouts thanks to Zeroth radius curves and a ruling gradient of 1 in 15, all garnished with a cameo of Ivo, camera and Bentley.

• RMweb Gold

Ah, but they were identically cute. And for most of the potential customers that's gong to count for more than anything else; that, and the difficulty of a DIY build. Cue a rash of Southern BLTs, built as ultra-compact layouts thanks to Zeroth radius curves and a ruling gradient of 1 in 15, all garnished with a cameo of Ivo, camera and Bentley.

Only trouble is that if whoever doesn't do the job properly that then queers the pitch for anyone who did want to do it that way. 

By way of confirmation, having spoken to the man himself at the Sydney show... The new locomotives for the UK market will be outside (double) frame MR Kirtley 0-6-0s of both tender and tank arrangements, along with the LSWR Adams Radial. Apparently they can be made quickly.

Quite a weekend with the Rabbitohs winning the Grand Final as well after a 43 year wait!

• RMweb Premium

Not a problem. John was more than happy to answer the questions, and admitted to being 'a closet LMS fan'. I'll be holding out for a Radial.....

Why the push for the Adams Radial? You've already had the Wrenn version.

:jester:

By way of confirmation, having spoken to the man himself at the Sydney show... The new locomotives for the UK market will be outside (double) frame MR Kirtley 0-6-0s of both tender and tank arrangements, along with the LSWR Adams Radial. Apparently they can be made quickly.

Quite a weekend with the Rabbitohs winning the Grand Final as well after a 43 year wait!

Thanks for backing that up for me mate.

I'm not going to comment on the latter due to following the other team(!), but it was a good game from the Rabbitohs.

As to launch date, he is hoping to get them out by late 2015 (so Oct-Dec) if he can.

I can't help wondering if or how they'll cater for EM and P4 modellers in the KIrtley locos . . .

Stan

Archived