Project X

ffayolle

• 1 month later...

Or did you mean "numbers" ?

Not a diesel modeller myself, but it know Steve Fay got some etched numbers for the cabsides of his Hymek - I think the details would be in his Ranelagh Bridge thread, but you could drop him a PM if you can't find it.

HTH

Simon

Hi Fabrice, Chaz of Dock Green fame has built one I hope he doesn't mind me putting  his image on your thread as I'm sure he will be willing to helpP1020698a600x223_zps3e46173c.jpg

Just found this thread, whilst idly wandering through the new content. No, I don't mind at all.

Chaz

edit - I should have said I will be happy to give any help I can although I built my van some years ago I can't remember all the details....

Fabrice

Looking good!

It might be a bit late, now that you have cut a hole in the baseboard, but I wonder if you should go back to an earlier suggestion,mand use the turntable as the loco-release, because it will increase the effective length of the loop.

I'm assuming the when you say G6 and O2, you mean the LSWR ones ( I think some 'oop north railways had similar class numbers for bigger engines), so Bembridge, Isle of Wight is a useful reference for turntable release. But it was actually quite a common mechanism in GB, Spain, and, I think, France in the c1850-c1870 period. Seaford LBSCR pre-electrification is another one that springs to mind, but there were many.

BTW, I like that double-slip head-shunt feature; the LSWR absolutely loved those!

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all of you,

I've received the 7mm turntable designing by Simon Cox from Kitwood Hill Models.

So, enclosed some pictures I took during the building.

post-3358-0-14182300-1447232398_thumb.jpg

post-3358-0-36292000-1447232420_thumb.jpg

post-3358-0-50694000-1447232449_thumb.jpg

post-3358-0-59589500-1447232466_thumb.jpg

To be continued...

Have a good day, Fabrice

Hi all of you,

Some news from the project X.

I've airbrushed PECO code 124 tracks to reduce the plastic effect of ties. I've used too white and rust acrylic paints to dry brush ties and rails.

post-3358-0-95894200-1447756481_thumb.jpg

Comments welcome!!!

To be continued...

Have a G'day from France, Fabrice

• 2 weeks later...

Archived