Project X

ffayolle

Hi Fabrice,

Things are coming along very nicely. I absolutely LOVE the trackplan by the way, a little different to the norm but looks so effective! The trackwork - ballasting and weathering - is particularly effective, it is extremely impressive. You have got an excellent eye for detail, the tones and colours are so subtle but so realistic. 

If you don't mind me asking... what colour did you airbrush the trackwork with initially?

Hi all of you,

Thanks for your comments

I just would like reproducing the specific atmosphere of British tourist railways I could discover at Kidderminster, Sheffield Park, Tenterden,...

Concerning the trackwork, I use Vallejo Model Air paints (71.042 and some drops of 71.055).

After the airbrushing, I use white acrylic paint for wood grain ties (drybrushing) and I use some rusty color paints (Tamiya, Humbrol, Vallejo,...) for chairs and rails.

I use a mix of light grey O gauge and OO gauge ballast.

I think I'll using brown et black diluted paints to simulate grease, braking dust,...

South_tyne, could you explain this, please ?

"... a litlle different to the norm..."

Merry Christmas from France

Have a G'day, Fabrice

Hi all of you,

Thanks for your comments

I just would like reproducing the specific atmosphere of British tourist railways I could discover at Kidderminster, Sheffield Park, Tenterden,...

Concerning the trackwork, I use Vallejo Model Air paints (71.042 and some drops of 71.055).

After the airbrushing, I use white acrylic paint for wood grain ties (drybrushing) and I use some rusty color paints (Tamiya, Humbrol, Vallejo,...) for chairs and rails.

I use a mix of light grey O gauge and OO gauge ballast.

I think I'll using brown et black diluted paints to simulate grease, braking dust,...

South_tyne, could you explain this, please ?

"... a litlle different to the norm..."

Merry Christmas from France

Have a G'day, Fabrice

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for the additional detail regarding the colouring/paints you have used on trackwork - it is stunning! I am not exaggerating by saying it is some of the best and most realistic I have ever seen. 

Sorry, don't take "...a little different to the norm..." as a criticism in any way, it was the exact opposite in fact! I just find the trackplan very interesting and different, particularly your use of the turntable and and the loco stabling siding off it.

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing further progress!

Merry Christmas!

David

One request : Where can I find fence to close the engine yard especially near the storage fuel tank?

Hi Fabrice

Lovely to see the progress you have made.

A couple of suggestions for fencing:

Timber - have a look at Poppys Woodtech here:  http://www.poppyswoodtech.co.uk/

They have a nice selection of laser cut fencing.

Metal - have a look at Pete Harvey's website here:  http://www.phd-design-etchings.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=25_35_68

He does very nice etched brass security fencing.

No connection with either concern except as a satisfied customer.

Best wishes for the festive season.

Like that, Fabrice.

I built a Metalsmiths turntable a few years back, and I basically followed the instructions. What I should have done was to put a very slightly raised ring for the rail to sit on, and a central pit, with a drain. Too eager...

Best

Simon

The only access into the cattle dock seems to be via the ramp. This should have a ribbed surface to allow the cattle hoofs to get purchase when going up and down. From the bottom of the ramp the cattle would have to be herded between and over the tracks. Hmm....

Dave

edited for missing word!

Archived