RMweb

Diesel Hydraulic Era O Gauge Garden Railway (Steve Beattie Class 22)

Just a brief update on my progress :)

Druid is just about ready for the paint shops........

attachicon.gif1-20160924_184113.jpg

As is the PRMRP Rat which has also had the benefit of new upper half cab fronts courtesy of Steve Beattie.......thanks Steve :)

attachicon.gif1-20160924_184009.jpg

I have also been working on my Peak which is based around a Skytrex body with the addition of some JLTRT parts....

attachicon.gif1-20160924_175124.jpg

attachicon.gif1-20160924_183938.jpg

I am also making a little progress on 832 Onslaught BFYE .....

attachicon.gif1-20160924_184041.jpg

Hi Phill,

WOW!

Superb progress - en masse!

Without wishing to sound sycophantic, your model-making and layout inspire me and I may have said it before, yet it is worth saying again, it was your work, along with Ross' that encouraged me to go on line, I am glad to see that you take the time and efforts to keep on Posting. More strength to your elbow in terms of the 'I have a fully functioning layout and I crack on and do it!' as opposed to the lets just talk about it brigade (which reminds me I must Post some photos of my latest Lima bashing efforts :jester:  :angel: )....

BTW that's an impressive van train in the background!

Hi Phill....

It's a great credit to your modelling philosphy that you are able to ignore some of the latest R-T-R 'catwalk' offerings and choose those (with due respect to the manufacturers) less well engineered models, which need much more work (ie modelling skill) to bring them up to the standard you attain.

A lesson to many of us...well done.

I look forward to seeing more.

Randall

I agree Randall, I have delved into RTR this year with a significant birthday and less time - due to family commitments - yet the greatest pleasure and fun (sometimes with frustration thrown in, along with blood sweat and tears) comes from kits, kit-bashing and scratch-building etc....RTR has it's place, yet so does having a go and model-making, which takes the hobby away from the collection of boxes/retail therapy into a more therapeutic and rewarding venture. 

When we get our line up and running, I am really looking forward to indulging in more kit building - I hope that others feel the same about model-making in 7mm.

ATVB to all,

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

Next question: is it just me, or are the cab side windows a touch low?

No, I think they are fine, they start at the waistline parallel with the fold on the cab front & the top of the frame looks about right to me too as it ends  leaving about the same gap between the frame & the rain strip.......

post-6992-0-28785100-1474829658.jpg

post-6992-0-56743100-1474829629.jpg 

Edited by Phill Dyson (onslaught832)
  • Like 2

Yet more filling on the PRMRP Class 25, this should be the last bodywork on this loco &  she will return to the paint shops shortly :) .

post-6992-0-98444900-1474830127.jpg

Work rebuilding the dodgy roof mouldings has begun on 832 Onslaught......

post-6992-0-58552300-1474830153_thumb.jpg 

D815 Druid on the other hand is looking in much better order with her first coats of 'Swindon Loco Maroon'  :sungum:

post-6992-0-37800100-1474830171_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Or is the cab front too curved...??!!?? :jester:

Sorry, I'm not helping, am I..? :mosking:

Great projects all round, Phill. Some of the Skytrex bodies weren't that bad, really, were they? :)

If Sir requires a flat fronted Rat I'm sure Heljan can oblige  :scratchhead:  :jester:

Ooooo, Nice work Phil.

You're making some great progress on 815 and any day now she's going to look superb in the finished coat with plates and numbers!!!

Hmmm... not sure where this flat fronted rat thingy is going... but perhaps folk might look at the first 50 Darlington builds :D

Keep up the good workl, it's great to pop by and see some superb modelling.  Pity the summer is coming to an end and hence the great pics you put on here for a while.

Cheers

Lee 

Edited by HealeyMills
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So does this mean you look forward to me not posting pics ? ;)

Er, no! I meant garden shots in winter are also equally inspiring!

A friend was over yesterday assessing my new garden and telling me where different shrubs should go and something about breaking it into segments. I didn't really take a lot in as I was idly visualising warships rattling up and down...

Druid has now got her yellow ends .......

post-6992-0-44473400-1475402750_thumb.jpg

& the PRMRP Class 25 has had it's original rain strips/gutters around the cabs removed & replaced with new ones in a more accurate position...... 

post-6992-0-15140000-1475402912_thumb.jpg

post-6992-0-85583100-1475402927_thumb.jpg

Today I will spend a little more time on the Peak armed with these.....

post-6992-0-69789900-1475403496.jpg

If you can see in the pic the resin grills are those triangular grills which my loco lacks, I also need to plate over the small rectangular grills as this loco is going to be 45041 'The Royal Tank Regiment'

• Like 3

CME,

I can`t remember where i found out about this,and i think it`s right.... But from what i can recall, this company supplied JLTRT with their spray paint`s.

http://www.cjaerosols.com/product/british-standard-colour-aerosol-spray-paint/bs-381c-rail-blue-114-400ml-custom-filled-aerosol-spray-paint-can/

As of yet i have`nt had a proper look ,so the link is for rail-blue not Maroon. But if you can find the right code, then you may be able to find what you need here.

Hope this help`s.

Brian.

CME,  I can`t remember where i found out about this,and i think it`s right.... But from what i can recall, this company supplied JLTRT with their spray paint`s. http://www.cjaerosols.com/product/british-standard-colour-aerosol-spray-paint/bs-381c-rail-blue-114-400ml-custom-filled-aerosol-spray-paint-can/ As of yet i have`nt had a proper look ,so the link is for rail-blue not Maroon. But if you can find the right code, then you may be able to find what you need here. Hope this help`s. Brian.

Hi Brian,

Thats very kind, a useful link.

I understand that these paints are second to none.

ATVB

CME