Diesel Hydraulic Era O Gauge Garden Railway (Steve Beattie Class 22)

• 1 month later...

Always nice to see a few pics Phill. I do like that Peak I am guessing a fair bit of work to improve it from the standard Skytrex model the ones I have seem didn't look right.

Cheers Peter.

This looks such a lovely way to spend a sunny summer afternoon! Although a few more of those wouldn't go amiss! The Peak running light over the viaduct looks fantastic (well, so does all the rest of the stock too!)

Keith (just ever so slightly envious looking out on a pint sized garden in the rain! N-gauge wouldn't have quite the same impact!)

Phil,

I really love the photo of the Hymek on the 3 mineral wagons and brake.  What really helps the scene is the small leaf size of your plants that run adjacent to you railway.

Such a shame there has never been a class 40 along the Withercombe line!!!  :D

Please keep posting these great outdoor pics of your locos and stock.

Cheers

Lee

Always nice to see a few pics Phill. I do like that Peak I am guessing a fair bit of work to improve it from the standard Skytrex model the ones I have seem didn't look right.

Cheers Peter.

Not too much really Peter, the nose needs reshaping with filler & the side grills need sinking into the bodysides......the rest is just additional details really :)

I will crack on with mine this winter, but here's a pic of how far I have got with mine & the one in the background is just as we got them from Skytrex.

post-6992-0-00233400-1468240298_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phill Dyson (onslaught832)
  • Like 2

This looks such a lovely way to spend a sunny summer afternoon! Although a few more of those wouldn't go amiss! The Peak running light over the viaduct looks fantastic (well, so does all the rest of the stock too!)

Keith (just ever so slightly envious looking out on a pint sized garden in the rain! N-gauge wouldn't have quite the same impact!)

Thanks Keith :) ....seeing Robs Peak in action has certainly made me want to get mine finished . 

Phil,

I really love the photo of the Hymek on the 3 mineral wagons and brake.  What really helps the scene is the small leaf size of your plants that run adjacent to you railway.

Such a shame there has never been a class 40 along the Withercombe line!!!   :D

Please keep posting these great outdoor pics of your locos and stock.

Cheers

Lee

as a Healey Mills spotting veteran myself (1972-79) I wouldn't object to HM Class 40 working a Merry Maker from West Yorks to Withercombe  :locomotive:

Here's one of my rubbish Kodak Instamatic pics from back in the day.....

post-6992-0-96402500-1468240909.jpg

• Like 3

as a Healey Mills spotting veteran myself (1972-79) I wouldn't object to HM Class 40 working a Merry Maker from West Yorks to Withercombe  :locomotive:

Here's one of my rubbish Kodak Instamatic pics from back in the day.....

attachicon.gifhm.JPG

Oh my goodness Phill, that is one superb photo!!!  One that re-kindles so many good memories of HM.

I shall keep my eyes peeled for the Merry Maker  :rolleyes:

Is it by invite?   :D

Oh yes, here's one of the real thing for you Phill:

attachicon.gifD832 ELR 8 Jul 2016.jpg

Cheers

Lee

Guest loco's & stock are always welcome, although I do not have track power at the moment (my main fleet is R/C) but DC will be reinstated when I get the time ;)

Nice pic of Onslaught ........I have spent lots of quality time with her  :locomotive: Did you take that last weekends at the Gala? ......my next visit will to the ELR will be Onslaughts  running day on the 24th :)

• Like 1

Guest loco's & stock are always welcome, although I do not have track power at the moment (my main fleet is R/C) but DC will be reinstated when I get the time ;)

Nice pic of Onslaught ........I have spent lots of quality time with her  :locomotive:Did you take that last weekends at the Gala? ......my next visit will to the ELR will be Onslaughts  running day on the 24th :)

Well let me know when you have track power as I'd love to bring 40118 and hopefully 060 down for a spin :)

Yes, the pics were at the gala last weekend.  I'm not normally a big fan of gala's as I prefer the running days but with 3 class 40's out it seemed too good to miss.  I shall be going to ELR for the 842 running days too so perhaps we could meet up for a chat and a cuppa??

Cheers

Lee