Β 

A photographer waits...

There is also a cam at Cresson, PA located nine miles west of Horseshoe Curve.

Β 

Β 

http://www.railstream.biz/live-cameras-free/cresson-pa-free

Β 

Β 

I've been running Chesterton and Cresson in side-by-side windows. Β I've seen more movements on the Cresson cam so far but that is mainly because there are helper sets running past in addition to the trains.

Β 

Both of these cams are located at railfan oriented bed and breakfasts. Β Great places for vacations!

Β 

Β 

Jason Cook

New Haven, IN

It's a video of aΒ model railroad!!,you can see the blackΒ edge of the layout in front of the parking lot!!! :jester:

Β 

Ray

I think you're right. And those cars keep stalling and restarting, must be a big hand thumping the baseboard off-camera.

There is also a cam at Cresson, PA located nine miles west of Horseshoe Curve.

Β 

Β 

http://www.railstream.biz/live-cameras-free/cresson-pa-free

Β 

Β 

I've been running Chesterton and Cresson in side-by-side windows. Β I've seen more movements on the Cresson cam so far but that is mainly because there are helper sets running past in addition to the trains.

Β 

Both of these cams are located at railfan oriented bed and breakfasts. Β Great places for vacations!

Β 

Β 

Jason Cook

New Haven, IN

Looks like a Car Show there today, along with lots of 60's music over the PA.

Β 

Not a lot different to ones in the UK I suppose.

Fostoria and Berea cams are really good too.

Β 

Granted they'll cost you $8 a month.

Β 

Fostoria cams cover the NS/CSX diamond and the railpark at the Iron Triangle.

Β 

The Berea cam films an 'interchange' junction of the NS/CSX double track main lines near Cleveland. :)

Β 

Both sites are EXTREMELY busy, as you'd expect. :D

Fostoria is back? Last time I looked the guy that owned the bar it was attached to threw out the webcam? I deleted my link to it.

Β 

Only one of the links in this thread works for me - it’s probably my fault, sigh...

Β 

Best, Pete.

Same website, but you have to be a paying member there to view them. :)

Β 

Sorry, I realise now that my previous post wasn't too clear if you weren't already aware of that.

Β 

If you sign up to Railstream Basic ($8 a month) you get access to 1 camera at Berea, OH - just outside of Cleveland - and an East and a West camera at the Iron Triangle in Fostoria, OH.

Β 

If you sign up the the advanced ($12 a month) package you get 3 more cameras on top of that.

Β 

No matter what you pay, you can also get access to the live stream of the Dispatcher radios for all camera locations so you can listen in on the crews conversing.

Pete - Fostoria cams have been moved to new spots, I believe.

Β 

Though at the present time, the Fostoria cams appear to be up and down a lot due to ISP issues in the town.

Β 

I'm currently watching a UP/SP hauled block of Coalporters hammering toward Cleveland on the CSX main at Berea. :)

Not a problem. These are taken from my iPad, so the quality isn't superb, but most of the cams are available in HD from a PC. :)

Β 

Berea, OH - Norfolk Southern lines go behind the switch tower, CSX lines go in front. There's also a linking line between the two visible at the back of the CSX main, but I've yet to see a train use it:

attachment.php?attachmentid=62247&d=1412

Β 

Fostoria, OH - West Cam - looking down the CSX main, with the Norfolk Southern lines crossing it at the diamond:

attachment.php?attachmentid=62274&d=1412

Β 

Fostoria, OH - East Cam - looking down the CSX main, with the linking tracks to the CSX North/South line in front of the parking lot for the MOW Highrailers you can see in the background. Behind that is the North/South CSX main itself, which you will see trains going over in the background as well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=62275&d=1412

Β 

Here's a Google Maps image of the rough locations of the Fostoria cams:

attachment.php?attachmentid=62276&d=1412

Β 

All three Cams see trains - on average - about one every 10-15 minutes - sometimes you literally get a train chasing the tail of the one before it. You also get to see some rather interesting switching when trains need to go between the East/West and North/South CSX mains. :)

• RMweb Gold

Just watching this, heard a horn in the distance so left the web page open, then heard the bells for the closing gates and watched an SUV dodge the closed gates & cross the rails....

Β 

Ok, the train was 20 seconds away and not moving very quick, but I thought this sort of action was not common in the US ?

Β 

Mind you, the train has been passing for the last couple of minutes... make that 3....

You see it quite often on these cams, to be honest.

Β 

I saw someone walk across the tracks in front of a speeding CSX intermodal train a few days ago. Just ambled across without a care in the world.

Β 

No rush, no hurry, no "Oh crap that's a big bloody train!", nothing.

Β 

He had plenty of time to get across - so long as he hadn't tripped, of course! :(

• RMweb Gold

Grade crossing collisions in the USA are quite common.

Β 

Seen numerous close calls where cars try to get across the tracks so they dont get stuck waiting for 5 minutes or so till the train passes by.

Β 

Whilst I didnt see it we were delayed leaving Seattle King Street in 2004 on an excursion train due to a cyclist immediatley crossing behind a commuter service only to be caught out by one coming the other way - thats why the barriers were still down and signs warning of such!!

Still, it has been known to happen here:

Β 

http://www.railwaysarchive.co.uk/docsummary.php?docID=1931

Β 

This one happened at the old station that used to be about 5 mins walk from my house.

Β 

There's a rather graphic video out on you tube showing a woman walking around a stopped Chicago commuter rail train, right into the path of an express running at full speed on the middle passing track.

Β 

I don't want to link to the video, because you see the woman's body flying, but if you google "woman hit train chicago 1991" you can find it if you're so inclined.

Β 

Β 

Archived