Branchline to Swanhurst

clarkeeboy56

The Station board.......Slow progress here. I have started to add point rodding - you might just be able to see that opposite the points at the end of the platform.

I've started on the roof of the goods shed too.....

339nmv9.jpg

An overall shot of the station board. I'm still not happy with the colour of the ground colour...so that will change. 

2h658g6.jpg

• Like 6

And to finish off this mini-update, just a few overall shots of the layout as she is currently.

2wd0hhg.jpg

5do5sy.jpg

1z6h0ya.jpg

Thanks for looking.  (sorry about the photo's being a bit over-exposed. i was playing around with the settings and got it wrong!!)

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I think the groundcover looks great, its not an easy thing to get right, as its appearance is so dependent on many things; age, weather and light for starters!

I think I might try the chinchilla dust next time.

All the best, Dave.

I think the groundcover looks great, its not an easy thing to get right, as its appearance is so dependent on many things; age, weather and light for starters!

I think I might try the chinchilla dust next time.

All the best, Dave.

Thanks Dave, I think the secret of Chinchilla dust is to layer it sparingly. I overdone it a bit, as when the glue had dried some large cracks appeared.! I've used very find sand to cover this and I have to say that I prefer that finish...problem is, it's a bit.....erm sand coloured.......

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been messing about with getting the electric's and points to work - and I'm glad to report that they do! Hurrah. One large step for Bill!!

I've also been experimenting with scenery......I've started making the trees.....I reckon I'll need a forest full...these two are early attempts using Twine.

Twist and superglue extend twist spread out , and superglue etc. Not an original idea, but one that is easier, for me anyway,than twisting wire.

That said I seem to have an allergy to the twine fibre's ...I spent last weekend sneezing!!

Anyway - A small Oak-ey type of tree and a Silver Birch....I'm quite please with them....though plenty of scope for improvement! These may be re-planted towards the rear of the layout should my arboricultural skills improve!

post-6028-0-00111000-1511704722_thumb.jpg

post-6028-0-86016600-1511704691_thumb.jpg

Edited by clarkeeboy56
  • Like 4

Those trees look great Bill. 

I've never had much luck with them, my attempts to make trees from twisted bits of wire end up looking like -- Twisted bits of wire!

All the best, Dave.

Sounds much like my attempts with wire trees Dave! I marvel at the on-line You-tube bods that can churn these wire trees out - I really do. BUT at least I have had some better results with the twine method--apart from the sneezing!

Looks excellent bill!

Thanks Jack.

• 1 month later...

Just seeing if this works.......tidied the wiring up a bit...this was done a few weeks ago. Both boards were tidied up, and all colour co-ordinated. Posting this now, to test posting pics on my samsung phone....seems reasonably ok.....

post-6028-0-06249600-1514657317_thumb.jpg

Edited by clarkeeboy56
  • Like 4

Hi, I hope it all works, but i think it will look better when ballasted. All the Best for the New year Adrian.

Thanks Adrian, and all the best for 2018 to you too......electrics work fine thanks, Seep point motors are behaving though next time I may go for slower tortoise type motors. That said, there is a satisfying, if somewhat unprototypical 'clunk' when activated....

• 9 months later...

I really can't beleive it's been so long since I posted an update! No excuses well apart from not much progress over that hot summer....twas scorchio here in the man shed. Progress has been steady..i have extended the layout into a bsc to front 'J' the bottom the J will be scenic, whereas the end part will be a fiddle yard..

• Like 3

The station - still a lot to do....attachicon.gif20181024_152936.jpg

The goods shed....tiling has started, and looks like some have come off in the storm the other nightattachicon.gif20181024_152910.jpg

32640 runs around the diverted "Hayling Billy"!attachicon.gif20181024_153118.jpg

Looking good...way, way ahead of my attempts....super

Regards

Bob

Thanks everyone. I've used DCC concept lamps on the station, they look too big to my eye. What do you all think? The DCC Gaugemaster lamp standards will also be used. When I first bought these I had to check that They were OO and not O! They are superbly moulded and made......and the instructions say that accurate measurements were made.......however....

Trees......the layout will need dozens. Station board almist planted...justxa few to go and then onto board two. I've used various methods. Twine twisted and superglued for rigidity (which i appear to be allergic to!) Wire twisted and milliputed, and twigs with tree tops made from a ball of rubberised horsehair and/or hanging basket liner, sprayed brownish grey and then "flocked". Added a few sea moss trees as well for a bit of variety.Have aimed at an Autumnal/ late summer scheme, so i can maybe run a few hop picker specials...post-6028-0-58614700-1540413693_thumb.jpgpost-6028-0-83518400-1540413757_thumb.jpgpost-6028-0-57468300-1540413814_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 9 months later...

Hi Clarkeeboy56   What a super Railway you are building there. If I only had the patience, I am stuck on building an imaginary layout, and getting nowhere fast. As for the love and effort you are putting into that station, need I say more? 

I have no chance of doing such intricate work. Happy Modelling Kev