That's getting close,would prefer a better paint job and less girlie blinds and of course BR markings

or even some nse markings!  i so regret selling E245 AMW 7 or so years ago, it was our ex MYB depot van, was sound as wel!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if the Oxford Bedford TK crew bus in Scottish Region blue would be suitable for a 1970s layout? I've only ever seen them in yellow.

Any help much appreciated.

Max

There is no such thing as Scottish Region blue. It was a mistake caused by taking the word of an author who described a black and white photo of one in a magazine article as being blue. Unfortunately Oxford believed it and produced the model in blue as well as yellow. They were in green from introduction c1966, until yellow replaced it in 1970.

• Like 1

There is no such thing as Scottish Region blue. It was a mistake caused by taking the word of an author who described a black and white photo of one in a magazine article as being blue. Unfortunately Oxford believed it and produced the model in blue as well as yellow. They were in green from introduction c1966, until yellow replaced it in 1970.

Hi Merfyn

Thanks for clearing this up. I was wondering why I'd never seen a blue one!

Cheers

Simon

Thanks for that info Merfyn, was thinking of picking one up for Crinan so very handy to know.

Martyn.

I've added a few pictures to my collection of railway related road vehicles http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/road including a grounded personnel carrier. The newest are most easily seen at http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/recentlyadded.

York appears to have a number of recent additions to the fleet being used by Network Rail which are unmarked, apart from the reflective strip around the body.

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul

Could anyone tell me which way the double doors on the BR crew bus's open? I'm building the 7mm GJH plant model and want to modify it with the doors open. Looks like they slide but not sure. Thanks

They are bi fold doors like a bus, hinge in the middle and fold against each other rearwards, I can post a video if that helps?

I've added a few pictures to my collection of railway related road vehicles http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/road including a grounded personnel carrier. The newest are most easily seen at http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/recentlyadded.

York appears to have a number of recent additions to the fleet being used by Network Rail which are unmarked, apart from the reflective strip around the body.

Paul

Interesting Paul. I too have noticed some unmarked stuff about in the last couple of years, so difficult to know if they are contractors or short term leases.

Your latest pics. are of help , as I had seen those Iveco welfare units and not been sure whose they were.

Merf.

• RMweb Gold

Please find attached a few photos which hopefully show what happens

attachicon.gifP1020846.JPG

attachicon.gifP1020880.JPG

attachicon.giflorrypics 043.jpg

attachicon.giflorrypics 012.jpg

attachicon.giflorrypics 011.jpg

attachicon.giflorrypics 031.jpg

Looks an interesting vehicle who's is it?

Hope it doesn't have that horrible smell they had back in the day of half a dozen hairy added blokes who have fish and chips every day!

Interesting Paul. I too have noticed some unmarked stuff about in the last couple of years, so difficult to know if they are contractors or short term leases.

Your latest pics. are of help , as I had seen those Iveco welfare units and not been sure whose they were.

Merf.

As you say I am also unsure which are Network Rail and which are hire, but I should take more as they are clearly in railway use. The fleet is being identified with the reflective band around the body - presumably an accident has identified that a bright white vehicle isn't noticeable enough :sungum:  The vehicles seem to get parked in similar places, so there are some which are easy to photograph repeatedly, but most are more enclosed by other vehicles.

Paul

• Like 1

Hi Merv, Not sure if you have seen this but Tony from another Rail site said I could share it with you.

Thanks Gordon, I have seen it before a few times. Thanks for thinking of me in your comment on facebook. Always good to see anything weather new or not.

Cheers Merf.

• Like 2

Looks an interesting vehicle who's is it?

Hope it doesn't have that horrible smell they had back in the day of half a dozen hairy added blokes who have fish and chips every day!

It took a while to get the smell out, it was mostly grease and oil!

• Like 2