Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Cradgebank Detailing & Repaints

• 3 weeks later...

Will these be avaliable for sale at some point. Would be interested in having a go my self. I take there was a lot of cut and shut done to to coaches?

Brian at Shawplan has produced the superb little Etch, it just involves cutting the end of the passenger compartment off and sliding in between the roof and sole bar which remain unaltered.

The bogies then need changing to B4's and a window on the left side of the coach needs blanking off and a half window adding.

post-1685-0-96471400-1468779349_thumb.jpg

post-1685-0-40396200-1468779376_thumb.jpg

I have just completed a rake of 5 for a customer comprising of 1x MK3, 3 x Mk1 Pullmans and the Observation car.

post-1685-0-45267300-1468779728_thumb.jpg

post-1685-0-01373500-1468779463_thumb.jpg

post-1685-0-75571700-1468779481_thumb.jpg

post-1685-0-39623000-1468779515_thumb.jpg

post-1685-0-85490000-1468779535_thumb.jpg

post-1685-0-03471100-1468779554_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• 1 month later...

Hi Richard

Some superb modelling you have done.

Your resprays are excellent and I wonder if you could answer a couple of questions for me please.

What colours did you use for the roof and body of your Royal Scotsman 66 and how do you get the Bachmann 66 handrails off the ends without damaging them???

What method do you use for your excellent cantrail orange? Do you use a pen, decals or spray orange and use 0.5mm masking tape?

Best regards

John

Hi John,

Thank you for your comments.

For the Royal Scotsman, I used BR Maroon and Halfords Primer grey for the roof.

The Bachmann 66 hand rails on the cab front come off, I use a scalpel in between the hand rail and the cab front and just apply gentle pressure around the fixing points and usually they will ease out, I do drill the holes out, I think 0.6mm, otherwise you cannot get them back in after painting.

Cantrail lining....I have tried several methods but the one I use now most of the time is as you suggested, spray on a orange band , then mask with Jammydog 0.5mm tape.

Hi Richard

Thank you very much for your reply, great help.

I tend to go for the spray orange method but have done a lining pen job on a couple of 60s.

Just finishing off a Heljan 57 in FGW blue as 57603 Tintagel Castle. Have gone for a 6 function lighting kit from Express Models so looking forward to giving it a run with a rake of sleepers.

Thanks once again and best regards

John

Hi Richard

Managed to get extra sleepers in FGW LIVERY from Hattons for £17 each and R3 Resprays have done me a sheet of coach numbers and coach letters to read-number same. A great service from Mike and Colin.

John

• 4 months later...

Any more updates??

Sorry Guy's, I have been having a little personal issue and have hardly been at home since October so had little opportunity for any modeling. Hope to be allowed back home at the end of the month and get caught up on the back log of projects.

• 1 month later...