Cheltenham Xmas show 6th December 2014

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks

Theres an extra in the Cheltenham show programme this year

An Xmas show in Bishops Cleeve

Cleeve poster.docx

Abbotswood will be there - with yours truly, Pierre le Brun and PJking with local support, thanks Jack Hawes

Should be an friendly show in an excellent cause

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the timely reminder Phil, looking forward to the show, and to meeting some RMWebers. I must remember to catch the D bus in the opposite direction to normal when I get to Cheltenham town centre, though!

Spot on Adrian!

Look forwards to seeing you

Phil

Hi Phil

I have just had a look at the list of layouts, might pop over.

Would be great to say hello Clive

Cheers

Phil

• RMweb Gold

That is almost on the way to Oxford, where we are going for a http://www.magpielane.co.uk/ml_band_info.htm Christmas music concert. Should be doable........

Yup not far off the A40! Enjoyed the show in Ross earlier this year if this one is as friendly should be great

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ah the trials of model railway shows!

Was crowded - but thats a good sign, and had an excellent crew - Jimbo to help set up Friday night, Pierre Le Brun Friday & Sat and newbie Jack Hawes on Saturday. Thanks gentlemen!

Layout behaved even without the front scenic boards which meant fencing and telegraph posts were vulnerable, but only two posts went down - and lots of kind comments - many thanks to all who visited

The show raised over £1000 for the childhood leukaemia charity so from that point of view was a big success

Hire van got dinged though so pile of paperwork to do today.....

Heres to the next one

Phil

Ah the trials of model railway shows!

Was crowded - but thats a good sign, and had an excellent crew - Jimbo to help set up Friday night, Pierre Le Brun Friday & Sat and newbie Jack Hawes on Saturday. Thanks gentlemen!

Layout behaved even without the front scenic boards which meant fencing and telegraph posts were vulnerable, but only two posts went down - and lots of kind comments - many thanks to all who visited

The show raised over £1000 for the childhood leukaemia charity so from that point of view was a big success

Hire van got dinged though so pile of paperwork to do today.....

Heres to the next one

Phil

I will second all that, crowded venue but went down well despite loosing a foot off the layout due to the tight space.Phil did well under the pressure of restricted space, Pierre wearing a woolly jumper that caught in the tracks with said lifting of, runaway van (not trains) causing damage to Phil's van. 

• RMweb Gold

Sorry I didn't make it, woke up with a cold and the thought of driving from Chelmsford to Cheltenham when not well put me off. I will get to see Abbotswood one day. I have my 1970/71 ABC at the ready.

Sorry to hear that Clive - hope you are on the mend. I find Lagavulin works well - smells like TCP but tastes a lot better!

Combined volumes bring back the memories, picture cops were always special! What are they in that edition?

GETS next October might be a bit closer for you

Kind regards

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I will second all that, crowded venue but went down well despite loosing a foot off the layout due to the tight space.Phil did well under the pressure of restricted space, Pierre wearing a woolly jumper that caught in the tracks with said lifting of, runaway van (not trains) causing damage to Phil's van.

I rather think our track damage was due more to the cramped space available for set up than Pierre's desire to convey Christmas cheer in a lovely festive jumper!

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Sounds like we did well - Pixash Lane was fairly accessible and the room was considerably warmer than the big attic upstairs that contained a lot of the layouts and trade. All in all though a  nice show and a good sum raised too.

Chris

Archived