RMweb

Wrec-rail 111 Little Bowden Leics June 6 2015

George Woodcock

Bump bump bump

less than 4 weeks to go now people........

Disgusting of Market Harborough

I've heard all about your "bump,bump,bump". Now I know why you use the name Disgusting (of anywhere). Still if it keeps you happy. :nono:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Probably not Mick, though we can always supply a pencil and a sheet of paper for people who require them. Maybe the layout owners can provide them, or possibly not. Such a steep learning curve, this exhibition malarkey.

Cheers

George

Hello

As well as the show at Peterborough another exhibition which may interest some people who are in the area of these two shows is a history of ironstone quarrying in the Scaldwell and Brixworth areas which will be on at the library in Spratton Road Brixworth from June 6th till June 27th. Well worth a visit and though I have seen it before I shall go again as my father worked at both of those sites. Seems like you could have a very busy and hopefully interesting day at these three events. Less than two weeks to go now.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Two weeks, nobody told me ! Better finish off the layout. Don't worry about track plans, only 3 sidings and one point, very easy to remember.

Richard

That's at least three times more complex than a DoMH layout..................

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

That's at least three times more complex than a DoMH layout..................

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick

One point and two sidings and Dave would manage to make that complex. :rtfm:

"Now you have to make sure the point is right over", says himself tuging at a bit of wire that looks like it will come off any moment. "Don't run that wagon into that siding, it won't go" he says with a smile. " Won't be a 'Mo', I am going to ask matey if I can borrow his loco as mine isn't working well".  :dontknow:

Not quite as complex as Stu's St Jude. One point and that was in the fiddle yard. Three bubble car DMUs, two had the chip programmed so the front was the same, the other one ran backwards if you forgot its front was the other end. :yes:  He also had a 08 shunter. Stu was using the Hornby DCC controller, now the DMUs were coded 01, 02 , and 03. I tried the 08, code 08 I thought might be the right one, no. So I tried 04 to 10, none worked. Stu came back and informed me the shunter had the same code as the DMU that ran backwards. :O

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Hello

He only had one point to operate on Warren Lane at the weekend but at least the trains had farther to travel. Only twelve days to go.

cheers

George

Hello

Yes one in Lands End, one in John O' Groats with a vintage train running between the two. The details won't concern me very much as I shall be long gone by then. I will leave all that to my much younger compatriots. Only eleven days to go.

Cheers

George

Hello

Only nine days to go.

Cheers

George

Hello all

As Mick asks will there be track plans in the guide book:

for mine you need to look no further than that great EM procraster Dave T as my Cross Heath Layout track plan  is a sort of copy of that great layout Saxlingham built by the great man himself.

I am on your side Dave, but then again I do have to take tablets.

whoopee  two weekends of modern image model shows.

see you at them

Steve 

Hello

There are not many people who would admit to that sort of inspiration Steve.

Cheers

George

Hello

There are not many people who would admit to that sort of inspiration Steve.

Cheers

George

The Northern contingent is massing at the border, ready to invade. Lock up your women and Dave! :beee:  

• RMweb Premium

The Northern contingent is massing at the border, ready to invade. Lock up your women and Dave! :beee:  

Hi John

There was me preparing for my yearly journey to the northern part of England. :no2:

So where is Market Harborough apart from being on the map? :dontknow:

• RMweb Premium

Hi John

There was me preparing for my yearly journey to the northern part of England. :no2:

So where is Market Harborough apart from being on the map? :dontknow:

South of Wigan - so I need my passport.

Cheers,

Mick

Hello

A little north of south and a tad east of west, give or take a yard or so. Just follow the rainbow Clive.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello

A little north of south and a tad east of west, give or take a yard or so. Just follow the rainbow Clive.

Cheers

George

You mean The Badlands - oops Midlands.........

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1