Wrec-rail 111 Little Bowden Leics June 6 2015

George Woodcock

A very pleasant hour and a bit there there this morning. Venue was a little "cosy" but didn't detract from the show any way, it seemed to have all the ingredients of a good show - great layouts, good trade support, interesting and useful demos, fine catering, no 'Tailby layout....

• Like 1

A big thank you to all traders, demonstrators, layout owners, members of the public and friends who came to our 3rd little show today from myself and the rest of the wrecking crew.

We haven't totalled the money yet, but rest assured as per past years a worthy local charity will benefit from ALL the profit we made today.

One again thank you and I hope you all had an enjoyable day and a safe journey home.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

Thanks to Simon, George, Roger, Nobby and the other fella from the Wrecking Crew for a great day.

Layouts were all very nice, and the demos were excellent.

Only disappointment was the NO SHOW of Mike despite his demands for a special price ticket for the more mature modellers. I spent ages doing him a special ticket.  I worked out a very fair discount system, it is relative to the rate of inflation, i.e. if inflation is 5% then there is a discount of 5%. We are very lucky the inflation rate is 0% at the moment.

Wreckrail 2015.docx

Came home with a Vi trains class 37, some wagon bits and a book.

And lastly a BIG THANK YOU to the ladies on the catering.

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

Thanks to Simon, George, Roger, Nobby and the other fella from the Wrecking Crew for a great day.

Layouts were all very nice, and the demos were excellent.

Roger is actually Dave and the other one is Richard.....................

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Roger is actually Dave and the other one is Richard.....................

Cheers,

Mick

Whoops I ment Richard not Roger........where did that come form :blush: . As for Dave was he there this year, didn't see one of his layouts?  :dontknow:

• Like 1

Hello all

No Tailby layouts - oh yes there was, right at the end Trev-drys was spotted outside propped up against a car, so although a train did not move on it (pretty much the norm for one of his layouts), it was there.

Many thanks must go to the organising crew and the ladies who looked after us refreshment wise, it was a cracking day.

It made an excellent desert to last weekend at DEMU.

Thanks Steve

• Like 1

Hello all

No Tailby layouts - oh yes there was, right at the end Trev-drys was spotted outside propped up against a car, so although a train did not move on it (pretty much the norm for one of his layouts), it was there.

Many thanks must go to the organising crew and the ladies who looked after us refreshment wise, it was a cracking day.

It made an excellent desert to last weekend at DEMU.

Thanks Steve

Thanks for the info re Tailby "layouts", that's £5 Tappa owes me. A nice fellow is Dave, don't get me wrong, but like poverty, never far away!

Cannot wait for him to pick up his new baseboards, unless he already has and they are the "new" layout that was seen!   :locomotive:  :jester:  :mail:  :blum:

Edited by Judge Dread

Clive,

I think you are confused. Roger, I mean Richard was the other one, plus Mike was at the show all afternoon.

You might have forgotten your tablets in the morning?

Great show as others have said, good to see many friends after a long break.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Cheers. 

Massive thank you to everyone who helped make the show a success.

Highlight for me was the dodgy floor, if more than one person watched my layout the floor sunk, sending wagons racing across the layout!!

We raised £207, all of this will be donated to Cancer Research

Best wishes

Richard

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Massive thank you to everyone who helped make the show a success.

Highlight for me was the dodgy floor, if more than one person watched my layout the floor sunk, sending wagons racing across the layout!!

Despite borrowing parts for my baseboards as packing pieces.............?

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Makes a change from me borrowing stuff, Mick......lol

Disgusting of Market Harborough

Thing is though, I've heard you don't always give it back..................

:jester:

Mick

p.s. Any plans for Wrecrail IV - a New Hope (Hoping that it's still Tailby-less) :jester:  :jester:  :jester: :jester:  :jester:  

• Like 1

• 2 years later...