Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

What are you hoping to achieve this year ?

APOLLO

Following on from the topic What did you Achieve this year (2014), what do you hope to achieve in your railway modelling in 2015?

For me it will be to start on the myriad of detail jobs outstanding on my layouts. Tons of boring but necessary jobs to do, as well as interesting ones also. I must build that control panel for the colour light signals on the main station on my loft layout. I installed and wired the signals years ago, ran wires to where the panel will be then installed jumpers to light up the signals - trouble is they constantly show the same aspect !! - well at least the bending under the board bit is done.

Happy new year and happy modelling in 2015

Brit15

Getting started on the shed based Multi-Purpose Layout.  Once the shed is insulated and electrified, I'll work out with my carpenter friend how to develop the super-brackets to support and store interchangeable modular baseboards to allow me to develop three layouts in one shed - West Coast AC traction 1961-2006, LMS 1934-39 and Lichfield City 1975-85.  That should keep me busy.

Between now and March though, an additional short module for Kings Oak featuring Crossroads Motel and a film crew ready for two new exhibition invites.

I've been waiting patiently for C&M Models (Dapol) and Graham Farish to release ScotRail rolling stock
In 2014 I received my C&M Models, which are still boxed

The Graham Farish Class 37/4 in Large Logo blue is now available
That just leaves :
Class 47/7 (Large Logo blue and ScotRail)

Mark 2F DBSO (Blue / Grey and ScotRail)
Mark 2F TSO (Intercity and INTERCITY)
Mark 1 BCK (B4 bogies)
Mark 1 TSO (B4 bogies)
Mark 2A TSO (Blue / Grey)

This list has increased slightly with the Dapol Class 156 in SPTE livery

All of these should be available by the middle of this year, so need to get on with completion of my layout as well!
By the end of 2015 I hope to have this all completed, which should now be possible

I also need to arrange for my Graham Farish Class 101 to be converted to DCC

Well, so far this year, with the help of my dad, I have modified and soldered some trackwork in preparation for a layout. So, this year, I'd like to build the entire layout.

• RMweb Premium

Well for me

1) To exhibit my Alston Quay 0.16.5 layout at exhibitions (so far booked for Macclesfield & Derby in 2015) and meet fellow NG modellers

2) Complete the new fiddle yards and lay track for Oil Drum Lane and hope to start exhibiting in 2016

3) Fit sound chips to a further 6 or 7 locomotives to run on Oil Drum Lane and weather all the stock.

4) Complete the wiring and scenics on Elstone Rd my new 60s Western DCC layout using track plan of Carron Rd MRJ 76

5) And there is a new Gn15 Estate Railway (Chebstone ? )lurking in the grey matter

That's the theory .........

• RMweb Premium

I am hoping to be able to show a line-up of D600s on shed and some in-traffic shots as well.

In terms of construction the main layout always requires ongoing maintenance and minor repairs because it is outdoors.  There are small projects in build or planned for 2015 which include a shelf-top diorama of a rural Australian crossing point (requested by my wife to adorn the top of a bookshelf) and of a cut-away London street scene featuring a bus garage and tube station with EFE rolling stock in both.  

If I can source a suitable carry-case there will also be a small N-gauge piece (working diorama or small layout - where does one draw that line?) for the SWAG event in Staplegrove during April.  I don' think we've had a "Made in Australia" layout brought over and exhibited there so this could be a first.

• RMweb Gold

DRINK MORE BEER

on a slightly more serious note I hope to get the new layout to a good standard of detailing but with the first show in February that's quite a task. It will be ready but I think that the final detailing will be done in time for the first invite that we had which is in October.

On a completely serious note hoping that our long time close friend and layout operator recovers fully from Lukiemia

• RMweb Premium

I'll be doing well if I finish a piece-by-piece bits of Polyfilla stone wall that I'm ever so slowly working on. My first attempt at scratch building a building should hopefully be done too (just the platform waiting shelter but I'm a very slow worker, doing anything at all happens in fits and starts).

I would like to finally have a loft conversion, in order to have a permanent home for my layout. Then I can begin the construction of it and post photos here.

However, can I afford it?  - or will new carpets and an improved kitchen suddenly jump the queue if I obtain a few eye-watering quotes for the work?

For me I plan to:-

1. Continue work on my version of 'Operation Build It' 00 layout.

2 Make a start on an 0 scale layout

3 To take my 'Campbell Riverside' layout to more shows

4 Sell my surplus N gauge items.

and finally to sort out and sell my G scale stuff.

Should keep me busy for a while. 

• RMweb Premium

I want to ride a white stallion along a glistening white beach through the surf of an untouched mornng tide

Ha!   Have you been thinking about the old TV series - first shown in 1968 - and now I have that theme tune going around in my head and can't get away from it  - it reach No 1 in the charts and is said to be the best TV theme in history . . . . . . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Horses

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/3080318.stm

Shame the OP qualified the question so that it's about model railways - my answer, otherwise, is simple. Get a new job! :-)

Model railway wise, I'm expecting to be collecting a new layout very shortly (a friend is selling it and it fit's my modelling period and area perfectly and I can accommodate it in the house) so I need to get some more stock built, which will make me very happy 'cos that's what I like doing!

Phil

Not so much hoping to do as have to do (god willing) to prepare Grantham for its exhibition debut in September:

1. ‘Finish’ the loco depot.
  2. Two new signals at the north end (both somersaults):
  3. Scenic treatment of the north end from the road bridge to the tunnels
  4. South end interim work (to make presentable and operate-able):
  5. Completion of Nottingham Fiddle Yard
  6. Miscellaneous scenic work

Must go - got lots to do!

Now we've moved, if I can get on top of some house-related issues, clear some clutter, prep the spare room, then I'd like to at least make a start on the planned steelworks module.

post-6762-0-41984300-1420549290_thumb.jpg

I've also got a bit of a pile of loco's that are partially or largely detailed but need finishing off with paint, (finding a safe space/time for spray painting wasn't easy in a flat with a baby)...and I picked up another couple of candidates at the weekend!  :O

• RMweb Premium

Well work wise:

reduce the pile of wagons requiring regauging/adding 3 links/weathering

reduce the "for sale " pile to manageable portions

then for me:

start new layout!

Baz

Archived