'Bishop Street'

georgeT

Morning Gang.

Well having been spurred on by Bodgit's endless enthusiasm l have started the track at (BS) at last, but l have used a lot of the sleepers from the first batch of points that were not as good as l needed..

post-7716-0-74655400-1424258517_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-55275300-1424258521_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-07050300-1424258525_thumb.jpg

Morning Jock,

Hope you are feeling better today ? in answer to your big question will l finish it, well l hope so, as l am back into what l enjoy most and that is the railway scene over the past twenty years or so, a grubby 37 in railfreight petroleum with a train of really dirty tanks, does it for me even now, yes a nice small branch terminus in the 50s is nice but l find it gets boring after a while, l think it was the building l enjoyed the most not the running, 

George

Afternoon George,

As you know I'm a confirmed steam fan and people my age often rather unkindly blame diesels for the demise of steam locomotives while really we should be directing our anger at the accountants! Whatever 'floats your boat' as the saying goes. That point work is absolutely lovely mate, the thread suddenly comes to life!

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS definitely a little better today thank you!

Hi George, nice neat soldering there, what flux are you using?

Glad to see this progressing now and if like you say grubby 37's float your boat then a small country branch terminus is not going to be much good for you. Looking forward to the change in direction and will be keeping a close watch to see what you come up with.

Ray.

Evening George, the point work looks spot on mate, but don't forget, if your modelling the 1990's and beyond to inset the orange cables and trunking etc under the rails before you start to do the ballasting. There's an excellent article in the New March edition of BRM showing what's required in the modern permanent way. There are many things that I never knew were needed to give reality as Marcus has done on Kyle of Loch William.

There's also a brilliant bit on the DVD by Phil Parker on the new Deluxe Materials Ballasting products.

Hello Jock / Ray / Andy & Class 66,

Thanks for the input lads, 'Bishop Street' will only be 11" wide and 9' long and will feature a fiddle to fiddle through station with a bay for units to arrive and depart from, and at the other end l will be putting a diesel re-fuelling point with two sidings one with a long pit in ...

Also another new arrival in the form of another Class 33 no 33004 in BR blue..

post-7716-0-83760300-1424369922_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-90318100-1424369925_thumb.jpg

Hello Jock / Ray / Andy & Class 66,

Thanks for the input lads, 'Bishop Street' will only be 11" wide and 9' long and will feature a fiddle to fiddle through station with a bay for units to arrive and depart from, and at the other end l will be putting a diesel re-fuelling point with two sidings one with a long pit in ...

Also another new arrival in the form of another Class 33 no 33004 in BR blue..

Evening George, 33 looks nice mate, but 11 inches sounds a bit narrow to me.

Good luck with that mate.

Hello Duncan / Andy / Peter.

Apart from removing those awful couplings and some subtle weathering not really much to do to the loco, Andy its not what you have its what you do with it (hahaha), Peter that can't be me, l thought l was a lot slimmer than that (hahaha)....

Cheers lads...

Morning George, the 59 is nice and worth the work on it, and the lights are better than Bachmann do on their 66's with the Tail Lights switchable. Express Models Lights are so good and really easy to fit, well they must be, even I COULD DO IT.

Any more pics of the Track progress today Mate?

Morning Buddy,

l must admit l was very surprised to see your latest model a complete re-worked 59 with lights and sound, and all done by your good self, l was tempted to buy some old Lima classics and do some re-working myself, as l find the locos of today are really great but the lights on the Bachmann 37 are far to bright and looks like a christmas tree coming down the track, l remember on most locos we spotted in our day all you could really see was the hi-intensity light at the front. 

George

Morning Buddy,

l must admit l was very surprised to see your latest model a complete re-worked 59 with lights and sound, and all done by your good self, l was tempted to buy some old Lima classics and do some re-working myself, as l find the locos of today are really great but the lights on the Bachmann 37 are far to bright and looks like a christmas tree coming down the track, l remember on most locos we spotted in our day all you could really see was the hi-intensity light at the front. 

George

Morning Mate, I was looking at a Metals Sector Lima 60 Yesterday, it ran well enough so maybe that's another FULL project.

Out today but catch up tonight mate.

Hi George,

All is looking great so far, the points look spot on and the stock is building up nicely! :senile:

The 'end to end' format for layouts is great as you can add to it as you wish.....take Deesdale road for example! IMHO it's the best design, my current project is based on a fiddle to fiddle set up. I'm sure BS will make great use of the design.

That coupling idea really is great, simple to make yet really effective. I may have to slightly steal the idea! :nono:

I'm now following with interest...keep the updates coming!

Regards,

Jack. :)

Hello Jack,

Thanks for the kind comments on the birth of 'Bishop Street' still a long way to go yet, and the stock is growing by the day, l think fid2fid is a much better option than a terminus as you can have what you like run through l think that will be more interesting to operate, also l would like a re-fuelling point to add more interest too, but l am still planning at the mo so anything could change, hahaha

George

Morning 66, 

At the moment l have five 37s on (BS) but no doubt that will grow, l am thinking of buying a brand new never been run Lima 31 in TTG coal sector and wiring a chip and some lighting as a next project ?

George

Morning 66, 

At the moment l have five 37s on (BS) but no doubt that will grow, l am thinking of buying a brand new never been run Lima 31 in TTG coal sector and wiring a chip and some lighting as a next project ?

George

Check out a Hornby 31, DCC Ready and nice Lights fitted.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R2803XS-Class-31-No-31200-in-Railfreight-Coal-Livery-DCC-READY-/131429635213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e99d1148d

And Sound Fitted.

Archived