steve howe

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob,

Its a kind of moss that grows abundantly in the wet woodlands around here, we've had a bit of a discusion on this on the Scalefour forum https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5924&p=62751#p62751

I use oil based enamels as it seems to keep the moss supple, I think acrylic might work too. Separate the fronds and  dry the moss first, then soak or spray with your chosen colour.

Steve

Thanks Steve.

Looks like I have found similar and will be experimenting shortly.

Rob.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Steve,

Just found your thread on here - wow, totally speechless. For me as a layout, the operating potential is a little limited, but the scenics and what you have achieved with the whole layout far outweighs that minor point. It is simply stunning, and I think I must have spent about 20 minutes just looking at the pictures on the previous page, taking in all the detail. So much in so little space.  Truly amazing.  The image above, for me just typifies what all of us try and aim for, but few achieve to such success.

Bookmarked and I shall come back time and time again, just to marvel at the scenics.

Hope to see more from the layout when you can.

Rich 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your kind remarks Rich, much of the credit has to go to Trevor Jones of Hornby Magazine for taking a great set of photos! 

Steve

Steve,

Just found your thread on here - wow, totally speechless. For me as a layout, the operating potential is a little limited, but the scenics and what you have achieved with the whole layout far outweighs that minor point. It is simply stunning, and I think I must have spent about 20 minutes just looking at the pictures on the previous page, taking in all the detail. So much in so little space.  Truly amazing.  The image above, for me just typifies what all of us try and aim for, but few achieve to such success.

Bookmarked and I shall come back time and time again, just to marvel at the scenics.

Hope to see more from the layout when you can.

Rich 

• 2 years later...