lozstlouis

What is worrying is Bachmanns description with complete ficitious rewrite of BR history, hardly makes a good advert for the collectors club.

I haven't got the club magazine to hand as I am on the road but can I ask you to qualify the above rather than just make a damning statement? I know a lot of livery research went into the product so I am assuming you are not making any reference to the product?

I haven't got the club magazine to hand as I am on the road but can I ask you to qualify the above rather than just make a damning statement? I know a lot of livery research went into the product so I am assuming you are not making any reference to the product?

I was referring to the statement "In 1982, sectorisation of British Rail led to a number of new liveries.." as appears on the web page linked to above.

Edited by Butler Henderson

Sectorisation started in 1982, Scotrail came along in 1983. Most of the liveries might have come later and the coaches might only have been used on dedicated Sealink services for a few years but as a potted history of one of the more complex and confusing bits of BR history it isn't that bad.

I would be interested to see what research went into the ' Sealink ' logo on the sides of the coaches .

As I understand from a , now departed , club member they were all hand painted and no templates were used. They all differed slightly .

They do however look the part . If you have any - make sure the insides are manky ! They were never clean inside when I had a run on them .

Cheers

Mike b

Ps don't shoot me - just passing on a little bit of research that was done on behalf of someone who was making a set a few years ago

• RMweb Premium

I would be interested to see what research went into the ' Sealink ' logo on the sides of the coaches .

As I understand from a , now departed , club member they were all hand painted and no templates were used. They all differed slightly .

They do however look the part . If you have any - make sure the insides are manky ! They were never clean inside when I had a run on them .

Cheers

Mike b

Ps don't shoot me - just passing on a little bit of research that was done on behalf of someone who was making a set a few years ago

Bright yellow vestibules if I remember correctly. And manky! I remember for a while they were on the 17.12 express to Ayr, taking over from the Mk2 airconditioned "night rider" stock that had a fill in turn to Ayr. Not an improvement!

I was referring to the statement "In 1982, sectorisation of British Rail led to a number of new liveries.." as appears on the web page linked to above.

sectorisation led to ... i.e. BR split into the sectors in 1982 and afterwards new liveries came along

is that really so wrong to describe it as a 'complete ficitious rewrite of BR history'???? where is the fiction?

sectorisation led to ... i.e. BR split into the sectors in 1982 and afterwards new liveries came along

is that really so wrong to describe it as a 'complete ficitious rewrite of BR history'???? where is the fiction?

Having failed 'O' level English three times I would say that it was poor English rather than fiction. The original quote should say that 'sectorisation in 1982 led to new liveries'; it actually reads that sectorisation led to new liveries in 1982, which is not accurate.

• Agree 1

All 3 BSKs still exist, 35069 is @ Strathspey, 35070 @ East Lancs and 35072 @ Aln Valley.

I Believe an SK might exist still as well.

All don't carry sealink any longer

Just came accross this picture in my photo album taken at the Paignton & Dartmouth, it looks like 35072, shortly after withdrawal.

post-9005-0-85806800-1422647742_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Maybe I over read what it said but it seemed to imply that a new liveries appeared in 1982 which really was not the case. Sealink was a big exception to the dominating blue/grey and as for Provinical it was only when the 150s turned up did a new livery appear which was a few years after 1982

Nice find 47107

So what would have dragged these around this land? 47?

Most of the pics I've ever seen have featured a 47 at the front, though I'm sure other traction would have appeared:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue-diesels/5695784860/in/set-72157624412577664

One thing I didn't know is that a set on the other side of the water received Sealink livery too:

post-17811-0-04172200-1422693203.jpg

© Copyright Albert Bridge and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

Edited by Pete 75C
  • Like 3

the Blackpool trips could be correct.  i saw an image recently of an 81 or 85 hauling a set south out of Carlisle over the Settle and Coast line bridge but cannot find it right now.....either that or the coaches were being take to works for repair if they didnt receive attention at St. Rollox.