HO scale "Junk Yard" Dog wanted

shortliner

There are a couple of Gators sat on the desk in front of me - but that might be going too far - however thanks for the resin GS and the wolves ideas, might be just the thing - I have one living across the road but actually he is a Husky - lovely dog - I'd give him a home any time!

EDIT _ I have just ordered the Wolves - should work very well.

Jack, every once in a while, German Shepard dog breeders re-introduce wolves into the German Shepard blood line, so you're on track. Although a hound is more likely to be found in Florda sine a wolf/German Shepard would melt in those temperatures.

P.S. I really didn't intend on that awful pun.

Bob - it doesn't have to, it can be wing/bumper/roof/mag mount - even centre bonnet - some trucks have them on the mirror mount - but what that does for the ground plane I can't imagine - mine was on a mag mount in the centre of the roof on my mini. A tall whippy would possibly bumper mounted at the rear, and pulled over forwards into a "rainbow" shape, but to me that defeats the object - A Firestick tends to be solid, wire-wound, rubber-covered, fibreglass rather than a whippy - but I've seen eejits driving round with 12 footers !!! Another alternative is a K-40 base loaded antenna with a whippy steel wire rod around 5'

Alternative source for model whippy - speak nicely to somebody in a supermarket/clothing shop and ask for a couple of those plastic/nylon "tag" holders that they fix/ fire with a gun tool through jumpers and tee shirts to attach labels - also make good fishing rods!

Dogs, and domestic animals. in HO and almost certainly in N, are akin to sacks of rocking horse manure - very, very few and far between! - you might have to see what you can do with a GSD, a sharp knife and some milliput. I know they say "Them as don't ask, don't get", but I think you might be in for a long wait, Daniel

Bob - it doesn't have to, it can be wing/bumper/roof/mag mount - even centre bonnet - some trucks have them on the mirror mount - but what that does for the ground plane I can't imagine - mine was on a mag mount in the centre of the roof on my mini. A tall whippy would possibly bumper mounted at the rear, and pulled over forwards into a "rainbow" shape, but to me that defeats the object - A Firestick tends to be solid, wire-wound, rubber-covered, fibreglass rather than a whippy - but I've seen eejits driving round with 12 footers !!! Another alternative is a K-40 base loaded antenna with a whippy steel wire rod around 5'Alternative source for model whippy - speak nicely to somebody in a supermarket/clothing shop and ask for a couple of those plastic/nylon "tag" holders that they fix/ fire with a gun tool through jumpers and tee shirts to attach labels - also make good fishing rods!

Well a big 10-4 to you Good Buddies out there!! I used to call out 1-9-a-roger with an Amstrad rig in my Rig, & my twig was a Firestick on a magmount too, but I used a spring between them. Stuck it on the cab roof hatch. Happy days!! I now work for a different company & we don't have our "own" trucks, so I haven't used a CB in years....

DanB will have to give us a 9 on what an Akita is, though... :O ;)

At the Glasgow Show I picked up a couple of 1/87 scale trucks for this project at a couple of quid each (pre-owned). The bad-ass wolf/dog is en route, together with suitable chain but won't be here for a couple of weeks. The truck I really want to use is the black Chevy, but the Ford F-150 had been repainted (rather poorly) by its previous owner - so a repaint job later and, in a moment of silliness I decided it needed a CB antenna fitted - so it got a K-40 with a mag mount - Now deciding whether to attack some wire with a soldering iron and fit head-ache racks behind the cabs - I think that removing the chassis to get into the cab and fit a gun-rack would be going too far!

post-6688-0-45330400-1425052479.jpg

post-6688-0-24701800-1425052480.jpg

post-6688-0-39334000-1425052481.jpg

post-6688-0-54983800-1425052482.jpg

My "dogs" and chain arrived today from USA - and heres a little story that goes to prove that it is a small world - the postie , who delivered the two seperte packages at lunchtime asked - "Did I see you at the railway show in Glasgow?" His 13 year-old son is thinking about a layout and had persuaded his dad to take him

Its only 180 miles away - you can't get up to anything anywhere, can you?

....the postie , who delivered the two seperte packages at lunchtime asked - "Did I see you at the railway show in Glasgow?"....

Its only 180 miles away - you can't get up to anything anywhere, can you?

I know why.... you really should have taken off your "Dark Side" T-shirt by now, Jack.... :D

Maybe later today or tomorrow - Need to chain it up and put in the back of the truck, and also need to work out how to make a headache rack to fasten it to, so I need to see if I have any small square section brass. I found a front bull guard /brush bar  on ebay but the guy wouldn't ship to UK - they are rather like that rocking horse manure at the moment

Archived