HO scale "Junk Yard" Dog wanted

shortliner

I thought I'd done fairly well with my vehicles found at Glasgow - but this morning I have surpassed myself.  My Fair Lady asked me to run some stuff down to the local Charity depot , and while there I took a quick look into the box where they keep toy cars - they have had a very poor selection over the last couple of months, but today I hit paydirt - All 6 of these cost me 20p EACH!

post-6688-0-81914100-1425565510_thumb.jpg

A rather nice PT cruiser

post-6688-0-63779900-1425565622_thumb.jpg

and two more pickups

post-6688-0-00085500-1425565625_thumb.jpgpost-6688-0-94850700-1425565626_thumb.jpg

post-6688-0-93449300-1425565628_thumb.jpg

post-6688-0-68782500-1425565630.jpg

post-6688-0-39931600-1425565635_thumb.jpg

If you want to go the whole hog (as we rednecks say).

You want two floodlights on the roll bar pointing backwards at the deck plus a LED light bar facing forwards on the leading edge of roof - and another mounted across the grill. ’Tis the fashion...

Best, Pete.

If you want to go the whole hog (as we rednecks say).

You want two floodlights on the roll bar pointing backwards at the deck plus a LED light bar facing forwards on the leading edge of roof - and another mounted across the grill. ’Tis the fashion...

Best, Pete.

Or if you go back a few years, a row of forward-facing lights on the headache/roll bar, plus the couple pointing into the bed. The other common thing is a tool box crosswise in the bed just behind the cab. 

Adrian

The big problem at the moment Is that nobody seems to have accessories like Brush guards/Headache racks/spot-lights. I think that CMW used to do them - but currently seem to be OOP - Dennis Aust did fittings for Trucks but not AFAIK for pickupslamps/toolboxes available - or if they do - they won't ship to UK except at very silly prices

I thought I'd done fairly well with my vehicles found at Glasgow - but this morning I have surpassed myself.  My Fair Lady asked me to run some stuff down to the local Charity depot , and while there I took a quick look into the box where they keep toy cars - they have had a very poor selection over the last couple of months, but today I hit paydirt - All 6 of these cost me 20p EACH!

attachicon.gifDSCN2236.jpg

A rather nice PT cruiser

attachicon.gifDCN2237.jpg

and two more pickups

post-6688-0-00085500-1425565625_thumb.jpgattachicon.gifDSCN2233.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN2235.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN2330.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN2331.jpg

That Ford with the half-doors looks a bit strange, but the Chevrolet is quite nice. I can't say I would ever call a PT Cruiser 'nice', though, especially after driving one ;) .

Adrian

The big problem at the moment Is that nobody seems to have accessories like Brush guards/Headache racks/spot-I think that CMW used to do them - but currently seem to be OOP - Dennis Aust did fittings for Trucks but not AFAIK for pickupslamps/toolboxes available - or if they do - they won't ship to UK except at very silly prices

A brush-guard should be relatively easy, two triangular-ish bits of plasticard extending out/up as the uprights (they mount to the frame rails under/through the bumper) with a loop of brass wire for the guard itself, mounted between the uprights and the front grill. Certainly no more difficult than your headache bar (which does look a bit over-nourished). A flat plate with a bit of plastic rod between the plasticard uprights would do for the winch.

Inspiration here (scroll down a bit for some simpler ones) http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Grill_Guards/grille_guards_main.htm

You also need a trailer hitch for towin' the fishin' boat.

Adrian

For CMW in my post above read River Point Station - all seems to be up for re-tooling

Thanks for the info Adrian - a fishin' boat on a trailer I do have - with a big fat Evinrude outboard on the back ! I need to look into the brush-guard further. The headache rack was the smallest square section brass I had - I agree it is a bit clunky-chunky - next trip to a model shop I'll try to find something smaller - ebay is a bit understocked in small quantities

For CMW in my post above read River Point Station - all seems to be up for re-tooling

Thanks for the info Adrian - a fishin' boat on a trailer I do have - with a big fat Evinrude outboard on the back ! I need to look into the brush-guard further. The headache rack was the smallest square section brass I had - I agree it is a bit clunky-chunky - next trip to a model shop I'll try to find something smaller - ebay is a bit understocked in small quantities

There is no reason the headache bar needs to be square section, round brass rod would work - particularly since a lot would be fabricated out of round tube.

Adrian

Archived