Midland, Ohio in O

Northpoint

I'm glad it's not only me that changes their mind!

There was some discussion earlier in this thread about rail clips. Given the way things are turning out, I'm quite happy to live with them.

post-6943-0-28740600-1426248792_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-14590600-1426248818_thumb.jpg

I really can't get used to how bulky this scale is. Ballasting around the moving bits of the turnouts is so much easier!

A couple more pics of the train:

post-6943-0-89743400-1426248906_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-44659900-1426248925_thumb.jpg

I say "the" train because that's all there is at the moment. Ideally a hi hood GP35 in N&W would go nicely as that second loco that we all need to ring the changes but I can't find one anywhere. If anybody knows of one.....

• Like 11

Ray - the pulpwood car is HO on the shelf behind the layout! (Forced perspective as somebody said).

Dan - I'm awaiting an answer from her to see what she says.

I know Atlas did a 2 rail hi hood GP35 but it's nowhere to be found. The trouble with American O gauge searches is that they mostly turn up coarse scale 3 rail stuff in the proportion of about 5:1 to 2 rail. Can somebody explain the popularity of the coarse scale 3 rail stuff? I certainly don't get it.

• Like 1

Hopefully Sophie will have something.

That trackwork is absolutely outstanding. It's making me even more excited about the possibilities working in a larger scale - albeit from N to HO, rather than HO to O. :D

These were in the porch when I got home tonight. I got them from carmodel.com who are in Italy and have a good range of 1:43 models for US cars. I know the scale/ratio should be 1:48 but for the price, I'm not going to argue!

post-6943-0-05374800-1426620758_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-72589800-1426620794_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

It's good to see somebody else in the UK modelling the N&W in O scale. I managed to find an undecorated high hood SD-35, just waiting to go through the paint shop now (they're slowwwwww), but they're probably too big for you. I also have a spare high short hood sat here waiting for a likely loco, it'll probably end up on a Weaver GP-38 as they are (relatively) easy to find.

Mick.

• Like 1

They are?? Where..?? :scratchhead:

I was probably fortunate but found one on UK ebay just before xmas, a dummy unit but at £50 I was quite happy. I do buy from the US if I can justify the cost, there is somebody selling a pair on there at the moment for under £200 including post and VAT. They are in ATSF livery and need a bit of TLC, but .....

Mick.

I can't even find them!  :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:

Ebay.com, not ebay.co.uk ;)

I won't bid after all. They need a lot of work to really get them up to standard. I don't really have time for complete re-detail/re-paint projects at the moment, & I really want an up-to-date livery loco for a change; either BNSF orange or CSX 'bright future' for preference.