Midland, Ohio in O

Northpoint

Dont want to start any arguements, but the stock all looks 2-rail to me. The couplers are scale Kadees not the usual 3-rail "lobster claws", & the locos have fixed pilots as well, with full-depth handrails.

Oh hang on - I made a mistake - it IS all 3-rail stuff and therefore utterly worthless tat. You can all stop watching it now, especially the locos... :D ;)

Move along... nothing to see here.... :whistle: :angel:

Edit: Some of the track is 3-rail - the rest doesn't look like Peco to me!!!

Edited by F-UnitMad

post-6943-0-73900700-1427359053.jpg

Quite easy to put together!

It's apparently based on a DRGW prototype that was used on both standard and narrow gauge. Before anybody slaughters me, I KNOW IT ISN'T RIGHT FOR N&W! But it is an O scale switch stand and I am happy to have that as opposed to nothing.

However, my thinking is that I might remove the lamp and the upper part of the spindle above the target..

Anybody else have any views?

attachicon.gifswitch.jpg

Quite easy to put together!

It's apparently based on a DRGW prototype that was used on both standard and narrow gauge. Before anybody slaughters me, I KNOW IT ISN'T RIGHT FOR N&W! But it is an O scale switch stand and I am happy to have that as opposed to nothing.

However, my thinking is that I might remove the lamp and the upper part of the spindle above the target..

Anybody else have any views?

I couldn't possibly comment - As I'm using Caboose Ind sprung throws to operate the switches, at least for the staging yard.

Well, here it is! What we've all (me at least!) been waiting for:

post-6943-0-32625200-1427383927_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-83850400-1427383944_thumb.jpg

Now here's the story. This is just an account of what happened. It is not meant to be a review or feedback or recommendation.

I searched on Google for Atlas O 2 rail SD35 NW and got a hit straightaway. It took me to the Public Delivery Track. On the page was a photo, a description and the facility to add to basket. Before I did, I e-mailed them and asked if they would ship to the UK. The answer was a curt yes at $70 (turned out to be $90 actually). So I placed and order.

I received e-mail confirmation and another e-mail giving me my account details which had been set up at the time of ordering. About a week later, I checked via my account on the order status and it said it was awaiting fulfillment. I e-mailed the Public Delivery Track to check whether they actually had it or whether it was what we had in the early days of buying online where people would advertise stuff and there was no way you would ever get it. I received no reply.

I checked the order status a week later and it said the same. I sent a message via my account and said if it wasn't in stock to cancel the order. All this time my card had not been charged which again arose suspicion as to whether I would get it.

Again, no reply. Another few days go by and I notice when doing some banking online that the card has been charged. I checked the order status and it still says awaiting fulfillment.

So I e-mailed again and did get a reply this time to say it had been dispatched and they would try and find a tracking number. i replied asking for the tracking number. Again, nothing. I e-mailed again and asked for the tracking number. Guess what?

Finally, yesterday came the request from Parcelforce for money and today, it arrives.

I have just checked the order status:

post-6943-0-90827600-1427384822.jpg

I rest my case.

• Like 3

You aren't helping my self control!

Will this help Daniel?....... :O

post-19751-0-37008500-1427395782_thumb.jpg

Precision scale  SW1 in the process of being modified to a Georgia & Florida engine,including re-gauging to Proto48.

(hijack over!!)

Brian.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Well, here it is! What we've all (me at least!) been waiting for:

attachicon.gifsd35 1.jpg

attachicon.gifsd35 2.jpg

Now here's the story. This is just an account of what happened. It is not meant to be a review or feedback or recommendation.

I searched on Google for Atlas O 2 rail SD35 NW and got a hit straightaway. It took me to the Public Delivery Track. On the page was a photo, a description and the facility to add to basket. Before I did, I e-mailed them and asked if they would ship to the UK. The answer was a curt yes at $70 (turned out to be $90 actually). So I placed and order.

I received e-mail confirmation and another e-mail giving me my account details which had been set up at the time of ordering. About a week later, I checked via my account on the order status and it said it was awaiting fulfillment. I e-mailed the Public Delivery Track to check whether they actually had it or whether it was what we had in the early days of buying online where people would advertise stuff and there was no way you would ever get it. I received no reply.

I checked the order status a week later and it said the same. I sent a message via my account and said if it wasn't in stock to cancel the order. All this time my card had not been charged which again arose suspicion as to whether I would get it.

Again, no reply. Another few days go by and I notice when doing some banking online that the card has been charged. I checked the order status and it still says awaiting fulfillment.

So I e-mailed again and did get a reply this time to say it had been dispatched and they would try and find a tracking number. i replied asking for the tracking number. Again, nothing. I e-mailed again and asked for the tracking number. Guess what?

Finally, yesterday came the request from Parcelforce for money and today, it arrives.

I have just checked the order status:

attachicon.giforder status.jpg

I rest my case.

So a nice big speaker and sound decoder required then?

• Like 2

I feel your pain Daniel, I tried to concentrate on fitting the grab rails to my second Kato SD38-2 this evening and all I could think of was 'this wouldn't happen in O scale...'

I have so much money tied up in HO it's a good job RM Buy and Sell isn't working or I would be cashing in my HO and jumping scales right now... that Atlas GP15 on the ebay store is rather sweet, and several must-have box cars too

The O Scale Bug has well and truly bitten some of you hasn't it :D

Awesome loco, Nick. I have bought locos from the US before but only via Ebay. I bet you sweat a bit awaiting the outcome of that transaction??!!?

Oh & others can fight over your stock - I bagsy the layout :locomotive: at least it'd stop me wanting Chris's HO Florida Springs.... :O :lol: