Gaugemaster - Great customer service

irishthump

Just thought I'd share this:

Emailed Gaugemaster on the 15th of last month about a problem with my Prodigy 2 handset (problem with the throttle knob encoder). They told me no problem and to send it to them for repair. Received the repaired handset in the post on Monday, working perfectly and no charge for the work done.

I'd heard their after sales was good and I have to agree.

• 3 months later...

Be careful when ordering online from them.

I put in a small order for two packs of 'N' Gauge rail joiners for £4.20 and an 'N' gauge way gauge for .20p.  Total order was I admit only £4.40, I elected for economy delivery which is free, on the site there was no mention of a surcharge for "small" orders, the invoice I have is for £6.70 as there is  a £2.50 charge for small orders !

• RMweb Gold

And yet Gaugemaster offer free delivery if you spend over twenty quid, so I build up a list of bits and bobs I need then place the order, and in my experience get a parcel delivered in good time and well packaged.

Cheers

Keith

Usually jump on the train, just a few stops away, and browse.

However, if I want anything specific, I check on their website first, as a lot of items are in store but not on show.

Not the cheapest for European stuff, and if I pre-order, then I always go to Morris Models in Lancing.

And yet Gaugemaster offer free delivery if you spend over twenty quid, so I build up a list of bits and bobs I need then place the order, and in my experience get a parcel delivered in good time and well packaged.

Cheers

Keith

Agreed, but its £15 or more that qualifies for the free delivery and it seems to be as quick as paying for it, order placed Wednesday evening with free postage option, postie delivered a large box this morning.

• RMweb Gold

Agreed, but its £15 or more that qualifies for the free delivery and it seems to be as quick as paying for it, order placed Wednesday evening with free postage option, postie delivered a large box this morning.

even better!  

don't know why I thought it was a min of £20, but glad to see it's five quid less than I thought.

cheers,

Keith

I would just like to thank the staff of Gaugemaster for the excellent service

they gave me on a faulty original Prodigy handset unit was replaced free of charge

and no postage on the replacement unit

Well Done

David Wexford

I have to concur. Twice I have sent the same controller back to them for repair (I've had it a long time!) and each time it was repaired and returned swiftly with no charge. Their controllers have a "lifetime" guarantee. My lifetime or the controller's?

Ian

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

My 5 year old PAdeveloped a fault showing a short and then losing the display completely. Posted it to them Tuesday and got it back today repaired (faulty switch) and no charge.

Fantastic fast service particularly at this time of the year.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm going to go against the grain here and suggest that certain members of Gaugemaster staff do not make for a good customer experience, one in particular !

I ordered an item on pre-order some years ago and it has only recently become available.

I received an email with an invoice but no specific request for payment or explanation of why the email had been sent.

On phoning the shop to offer payment and counter against the card details already provided having expired, I was advised that payment is indeed required due to the time window having elapsed where payment can be taken by the shop.

No problem at all with this, I understand so far.....

A couple of days later I phone again to confirm despatch of the item so that I can make arrangements to be in when it arrives and this is where the lies begin, I should have asked on the original phone call but never mind.

I was then told a number of lies about being unable to advise if the item had been dispatched and the accounts lady being on holiday, to name a few, and then during subsequent phone calls was told the item is just waiting me to provide payment details !

Payment was eventually taken after providing my details again.......THEN REFUNDED FOR NO REASON......and then taken again.

Funnily enough, when I eventually jumped on the fella to explain to me what they were playing at, he was miraculously able to tell me where my item was and then personally ensure of its despatch, a week AFTER payment had been taken.

After further phone calls to chase this idiot, I received a UPS email advising me of an inbound parcel.

My point is, I can wholly understand a cock up, the fella admitted to this and did apologise........but why the LIES ?

I can confirm that I was professional and polite on the phone at all times and can also confirm that I won't be dealing with this company again, simply due to one member of staff who does NOT make a very good example of customer service.

If I had been able to speak directly to a member of their management team I would have been happy to explain my concerns directly but this proved impossible.

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

:nono:

Hi,

This is entirely why I have worded my post as I have.......directed at an individual.

I'm sure the whole Gaugemaster team isn't bad at all as evidenced in previous posts above, but this one muppet has really put me off buying from them.

There  was no reason at all to tell porkies, end of !

Oh......hang on, they wouldn't just lie their way through something for no reason would they ? So, it must just be plain and simple incompetence on his part then.........

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

• 11 months later...

I was looking for a couple of Hornby Collett 3rds, most places being out of stock. On Monday night Gaugemaster had them in stock at a discount and I ordered 2 to be sent post free on their 3-5 day economy delivery. They turned up a couple of hours ago via UPS.

Excellent service, thank you.

Colin

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

After posting this on my layout thread, it's definitely worth posting here too.

I found myself a light short for my station and whilst at Warley, Matt, the Gaugemaster Director gave...yes GAVE me a whole pack of DCC Concepts station lights.

No these guys rarely give any discount, let alone give stuff away, so to say I was over the moon was an understatement. The only thing he asked for was if I could take my layout along to their open day in 2018.......I wasn't going to say no!

Well done Matt, Gaugemaster (and Richard Johnson off DCCC)

Archived