The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The most bizarre cry for help today.................

br2975

Good evening all.

My new neighbour has recently moved in, and his kitchen has a built in oven - shown in the very poorly attached photo.

The oven has no identifying features that may lead us to the manufacturer.

It has a small conventional oven/grill over a larger, fan oven.

The grill/small conventional oven works, the fan assisted one doesn't.

I suspect this may be due to the digital clock/timer shown in the second photo which has an 'A' illuminated in the top left corner.

There are five push buttons below the display which appear to indicate, from left to right

a = bell symbol (alarm ?)

b= oven (oven on ?)

c=oven with cross (oven off ?)

d=+ (advance the clock ?)

e=- (retard the clock ?)

Any ideas folks ?

Any ideas at all, however 'off the wall' will be accepted.

Cheers

Brian R

post-1599-0-83931400-1426792188.jpg

post-1599-0-07545600-1426792204_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

We inherited a fairly similar cooker with no instructions when we moved into our house. It worked in a strange way, I'm told the idea was to set the temperiture and cooking duration and leave the rest to the oven. In practice, pressing in button b or c (can't remember which one) turns all this off i.e. into manual mode, so all you need to do to make it work is turn the temp dial.

That looks familiar (like an oven we had about 2 kitchens ago. IIRC you have it currently set for auto and a 8 minute time down. I think to "reset" it you need to adjust the time down to 0.00 using the - button then cancel the auto with two buttons together. Nothing works until the main time is set to some value and you only get to the main time by cancelling the auto. Our manua is long gone and I do not remember the manufacturer of the oven (Beling? vaguely rings a bell) - the oven thermostat went on ours which mysteriously coincided with the colour being wrong for the new kitchen!!

Good luck with it.

I assume your have tried the usual reset - turn off at the mains, count to 20 and re-energise.

• RMweb Gold

Lots of appliances don't work nowadays unless the clock is set and running.

Turn it off at the mains and wait for a minute, then turn it on and set the clock.

If nothing happens I have a hammer you can borrow as most  of the unamed appliances are cr*p and we won't fit them.

Archived