NEW Realtrack DMU

charliepetty

• RMweb Gold

So it appears the opportunities for lineside turdspotting and permanent way tomato growing are reducing by the day then.

I always remember walking the Dawlish sea wall back in the 90s as a 125 was approaching, with a tell-tale aerosol cloud emitting from beneath one of the Mk3s.  Fortunately it stopped before it reached me, as I didn't fancy having a 70mph lump of something hit me in the eye.

Did you mean aerosol?

;)

We have 2 Different Liveries in 5 Different Models.  ALL limited to 200 of each only.  

• We know it is a two coach DMU as per http://www.realtrackmodels.co.uk/news.shtml
  • I'm guessing this is teasing same liveries but with different numbers. I can't think of any 2-coach DMUs with 5 variants of design...

And a working door light X 4

attachicon.gifPuzzle 3.jpg

• Can't be a heritage DMU...

It includes:

Two Cars Motorised on Rear Bogie as per the prototype.

Hidden ultra low profile, micro geared drive system.

Pre fitted speaker (Even on non DCC versions).

High Specification underfloor detailing.

Working Door Lights on DCC.

Fully Fitted Toilet.

Plug in prototype coupling along with alternative NEM tension lock couplings.

Fully painted interior & seating.

Full carriage & cab lighting.

Destination Blinds with lighting.

Bi Directional marker lights.

Etched Window wipers.

Live inter carriage couplings.

OH.  And it has wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes you are getting two motorised carriages in every set.  

• A post I missed quoting said it flushes onto the track, so it can't be a 168 or later... (not sure on 165/166 toilets...)
  • So the only possibilities can be: 141, 142, 143, 144, 150, 151 (occasionally ran 2 coach), 155, 156, 158...
  • Of which is more likely: 141, 142, 151, 155, 156
  • 155 or 156 does certainly seem the more likely option... But we're likely to be lead to think that so I think that it must not be that.
  • But why would 2 motors be needed for a 2 coach unit? Maybe plans changed? Maybe its a 3 coach 144 or 151.. Maybe the motor is just small and needs 2 to get enough power... Maybe because it needs a higher speed than a pacer...

Humm...... 12 days indeed....

oooo....

At the NEC we are announcing TWO new units, one everyone 'may want' and another with bogies!!!!!!!    Both two car and both multi coloured.   One due for next spring and one a little later.

' one everyone 'may want' ' That could indeed be a 151... I certainly want a 151!!!

• Final prediction: 151 & 156 or 155.

P.S. Will you be announcing as a grand unveiling at a set time or just have them on display throughout?

Edited by centraltrains

• RMweb Premium

Don't forget that Rapido are also supposed to be unveiling a new dmu model , that is not being done in conjunction with Realtrack models.

So that makes three with these two....?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/41009-realtrack-models-looking-for-suggestions/page-28&do=findComment&comment=2494455

I think there's been some obfuscation within the various Realtrack/Rapido threads...

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

If you look at the Rapido Facebook page there is a photo of one of the Chinese design engineers looking at his pc screen , to his left on his desk is a blacked out bodyshell with censored written on it, the shape of the end of it looks like it could be a class 175 or even a class 185 , this is why I am thinking this new dmu done by Rapido and separate to the new dmu Realtrack are doing will probably be a class 175.

We know of TWO!!   Charlie

So it seems it all depends on who Rapido's Uk partner is. If it is Realtrack then there are only two DMU's in the offing at Warley. But if it is someone else then there are three DMU's to be announced. Either way its still good going.

Hi Charlie,

I'm not going to Warley, will I miss the announcement? Lol

Mick not sure there's enough yellow in it for you. Of course I could be wrong as the DMU wasn't painted when I saw it.

It's going to be a cracking model though (this last line was the serious part the rest may have been in jest)

Thanks

Mark