The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Star Wars Celebration

Philip Jackson

I reckon a starship that has crashed through an atmosphere would be rather more burned up than that... :scratchhead:

... and Chewie has aged rather better than Han... :D

oh just ignore me - I can't wait either!! This episode seems rather more "true" to the originals - with any luck the awful Prequells will be quietly dropped and forgotten in years to come, & Episode 7 can take a proud place next to 6, 5, & the best of them all - THE Star Wars, the Original, when it wasn't an Episode, but THE Sci-Fi film like no other before it, that blew our minds, a long, long time ago....

I reckon a starship that has crashed through an atmosphere would be rather more burned up than that... :scratchhead:

Not to mention broken into tiny pieces after crashing into the planet at an inconceivable velocity. One presumes that the Imperial Imperator-Class Star Destroyers are made of stern stuff even if apparently vulnerable to laser cannon fire from small fighters.

But given their proclivity to bury themselves in planets (see also Episode 3 on Coruscant; Star Wars Rebels, Ep 7, on Mustafar) one assumes that with guidance and propulsion systems failing and all remaining energy directed to producing anti-gravity and shields, the interaction of the projected shields with the planet surface, using the hyperspace drive to warp spacetime around the ship to match velocity with the planetary rotation resulted in the generation of anti-matter which interacting with the ground produced a ship-shaped cavity until the ship was half buried.

One has to imagine that the Imperial Naval Academy drills cadets on landing sequences with non-nominal control parameters in simulators. ;)

Not to mention broken into tiny pieces after crashing into the planet at an inconceivable velocity. One presumes that the Imperial Imperator-Class Star Destroyers are made of stern stuff even if apparently vulnerable to laser cannon fire from small fighters.

But given their proclivity to bury themselves in planets (see also Episode 3 on Coruscant; Star Wars Rebels, Ep 7, on Mustafar) one assumes that with guidance and propulsion systems failing and all remaining energy directed to producing anti-gravity and shields, the interaction of the projected shields with the planet surface, using the hyperspace drive to warp spacetime around the ship to match velocity with the planetary rotation resulted in the generation of anti-matter which interacting with the ground produced a ship-shaped cavity until the ship was half buried.

One has to imagine that the Imperial Naval Academy drills cadets on landing sequences with non-nominal control parameters in simulators. ;)

Yeah wot he said!

Not to mention broken into tiny pieces after crashing into the planet at an inconceivable velocity. One presumes that the Imperial Imperator-Class Star Destroyers are made of stern stuff even if apparently vulnerable to laser cannon fire from small fighters.But given their proclivity to bury themselves in planets (see also Episode 3 on Coruscant; Star Wars Rebels, Ep 7, on Mustafar) one assumes that with guidance and propulsion systems failing and all remaining energy directed to producing anti-gravity and shields, the interaction of the projected shields with the planet surface, using the hyperspace drive to warp spacetime around the ship to match velocity with the planetary rotation resulted in the generation of anti-matter which interacting with the ground produced a ship-shaped cavity until the ship was half buried.One has to imagine that the Imperial Naval Academy drills cadets on landing sequences with non-nominal control parameters in simulators. ;)

Of course!!! I never thought of that... silly me!! :blush:

AFAIK Star Destroyers are the largest space vessels that could land on a planet surface so in theory it could have been shot down in the atmosphere. The x wing in the fore ground would suggest a battle took place close to the planet surface since it looks long crashed but not that badly damaged. BTW I'm impressed that BB-8 is a thing and not just CGI. Apparently a lot of what you'll see is practical effects, not just cgi

I can't wait for either the film or the game! Have you guys seen the Battlefront footage? Awesome!

Yep, you can play as Boba Fett, on Hoth

For the first time in years I'm actually looking forward to seeing a new film - this appears to have all the makings of a classic, so long as Disney haven't over egged the pudding or tried to cover too many bases as per the 'prequels'. Too much CGI just makes my eyes glaze over but this looks spot on, the designs and backgrounds look all the better for their sparseness.

Bit of a long shot this but does anyone remember the Star Wars exhibition that the Science Museum in London put on in December '77 when the first film was released...? We went as a family and I remember seeing one of the life sized pre-production R2D2s, the other R2 unit with red markings sold by the Jawas, a stormtrooper outfit, C3PO, Luke's original brown Landspeeder and several SFX models in different scales in a glass case including X-Wings, a Y-Wing and  a TIE Fighter. On close inspection the R2D2 body was made out of wood!

Have to agree with Horse here. Due to our son loving Lego... To the exclusion of all else at times.... We are regulars at the Lego exhibitions here in Melbourne. Usually patrolled by you guessed it storm troopers.

It was about 2 years ago when I knew the show was on we even saw a endor trooper walking near home. His speeder either crashed or ran out of fuel. Was a bit of a surprise to see him I must admit!

It was about 2 years ago when I knew the show was on we even saw a endor trooper walking near home. His speeder either crashed or ran out of fuel. Was a bit of a surprise to see him I must admit!

To be fair, he was probably having the time of his life, dressed like that and nobody batting an eyelid.

Darth Vader probably went home by tram.

• RMweb Premium

Seems that the Imperial Stormtroopers have been keeping their hand in by subcontracting to FCC Revenue Protection...

http://legacymedia.localworld.co.uk/276460/Article/images/21718435/148425-large.jpg

:O

I have been freeze framing that teaser trailer and I reckon in addition to the obvious standard Imperial Star Destroyer the other more wrecked ship that the Millenium Falcon flies into at one point may well be a Super Star Destroyer (whats left of it) upside down with all those extra engines mounted on the underside.

When I saw that trailer I felt seven years old again.  Can't wait!!!

May the 4th be with you!

Here in North America the big party is the next day Cinco de Mayo, just another excuse for people to get drunk.

I just hope JJ doesn't do to Star Wars what he did to Star Trek, don't like that reboot.  Off course Star Wars has had bad luck with people with the initials of JJ.

Mesa thinks yousa knows what I mean!

• RMweb Premium

I just hope JJ doesn't do to Star Wars what he did to Star Trek, don't like that reboot.  Off course Star Wars has had bad luck with people with the initials of JJ.

I hope so too but one big advantage Star Wars has is the prequels. Hear me out - they've lowered expectation enough that lots of people might be more willing to accept the new films, and see them as an improvement.

I'm looking forward to it anyway and me looking forward to anything new at all is extremely rare :)

Archived