The Blagdon & Butcombe Light Railway (B&BLR)

SDJR7F88

Could you train him to stand over the track while a train ran through his legs? A canine tunnel as it were? 

(Every dog I;d ever had would go nuts if I tried that)

Think the same would happen with him! I'm amazed he has not tried to chase the trains yet! :jester:

A Trip on the Blagdon & Butcombe Light Railway, showing the line from the passengers point of view. The video really shows the challenging route the B&BLR takes, including sharp curves, narrow cuttings and crossing a section of Blagdon Lake. 
The Railway will see soon winding down for the Winter Months, but the volunteers will be hard at work with more Permanent Way work and the restoration of Rolling Stock.
Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nBfGwJ5FDc

• 2 months later...

Well winters here and the B&BLR has gone into hibernation, but all is not silent as there is a new project to keep me occupied over the Winter months...

A look at a new and interest little project. The building of the G Scale Wickham Trolley from Rail-roadmodels. These kits are a fun and affordable way to get into the world of G Scale, and included everything you need (apart from tools) to build a full operation locomotive for your Garden Railway. 

In this video we take a look at what you get, including what tools you will need to get started. Hopefully updates on the construction will follow soon. 
Rail-road models have a great selection of kits on there site, so feel free to check it out at;
Rail-roadmodel.co.uk
Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKcJXh_SYp8

post-20663-0-37167800-1450735499_thumb.gif

A little festive video wishing you all Merry Christmas from the SDJR7F88 Channel, featuring a quick look at a new member to the G Scale Fleet, which has been under wraps for the past few month. Here we see the new addition doing a bit of festive running around (well near) the Christmas Tree. I hope to bring a full review of loco and set she comes in sometime next year. 
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Callum/SDJR7F88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt3z56ppgA0

post-20663-0-70630100-1450894413_thumb.gif

• 3 weeks later...

The first update on the construction of the G Scale Wickham Trolley from Rail-roadmodels. These kits are a fun and affordable way to get into the world of G Scale, and included everything you need (apart from tools) to build a full operation locomotive for your Garden Railway. 
In this update the main frame/body of the Wickham has been assembled, and work has started on preparing the windows on what will be the front and rear of the Trolley. I also discuss a few helpful tips, which I discover through trial and error whilst constructing this kit so far.
Rail-road models have a great selection of kits on there site, so feel free to check it out at;
Rail-roadmodel.co.uk
Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr-abJhKf2Y

post-20663-0-57875700-1453568744_thumb.gif

Well two new arrivals for the B&BLR... And they are certainly at different ends of the scale...

First up the new LGB O&K 0-4-0T, a perfect little engines I've wanted since starting the railway, turns out there was one or something similar in the real Blagdon working on the lakes, so she's just perfect! 
Next up is something just a bit bigger...
Piko White Pass & Yukon Route Mogul, with Sound and Smoke! Really does look and sound the part! 
 Can't wait to get them out there in the Spring! :locomotive:

post-20663-0-85324100-1453757296_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-34982700-1453757311_thumb.jpg

Well two new arrivals for the B&BLR... And they are certainly at different ends of the scale...

First up the new LGB O&K 0-4-0T, a perfect little engines I've wanted since starting the railway, turns out there was one or something similar in the real Blagdon working on the lakes, so she's just perfect! 

Next up is something just a bit bigger...

Piko White Pass & Yukon Route Mogul, with Sound and Smoke! Really does look and sound the part! 

Can't wait to get them out there in the Spring! :locomotive:

Very nice.

The small one reminds me of 'Douglas' on the Talyllyn Railway in Wales!

A quick test run of the G Scale Piko White Pass & Yukon Route Mogul, with Sound and Smoke. All these sound features are on Analog DC, with the whistle when running being trigger by a magnet on the track. The camera really does not do the sound from this model justice! 
Hopefully a full review on this locomotive in the not too distant future.
Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjh2PBC9fU

post-20663-0-91514800-1454778408_thumb.gif

• 1 month later...

After 6 months of hibernation the B&BLR has held up quite well. Some weeds here and there, but not too bad. After a quick bit of gardening by the family the weeds and now gone  ;)
A video update at this stage has been filmed and is hoped to be up within the next few weeks.

post-20663-0-90423800-1459700165_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-17428900-1459700184_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-55281400-1459700199_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-78257600-1459700221_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-11059100-1459700245_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-53755400-1459700260_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-42746900-1459700275_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-06508100-1459700290_thumb.jpg

April 1st 2016 saw a few milestones for the B&BLR...  :locomotive:

. First run of 2016

. First Diesel Service

. First ever Night Run!

A great way to test out the new Bridge Lighting  :jester:

Full video to follow soon...

post-20663-0-48319400-1459808052_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

he first Update Video on the G Scale Garden Railway for 2016.
Since late September of last year the Garden Railway has been in hibernation. This has been the railway's first winter, and it's been interesting to see how it has copied over this period.
Thanks to the rain, leaves and frost, a few areas of improvement have been highlighted. Thankfully only a few weeds have surfaced over the past few months, which is a good sign. Again the ballast needs topping up in a few places hear and there, and the only real bit of work needed to get the line operational again a is a slight trim of some of the lineside plants and a good clean of the rails. 
As of yet again no more progress has been made on the Pond Side Siding, but progress on it and a few other changes will hopefully be coming up this year. One major addition though, is the new light to the Suspension Bridge, which is seen to full effect in the recent B&BLR - First Night Run video

Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEBw5WRME1s

post-20663-0-01443300-1461516326_thumb.gif

• 3 weeks later...

A quick running session featuring the new LGB 24140 Orenstein & Koppel 0-4-0T. A common sight on many industrial narrow gauge railways around the world, these little engines could be found anyway from quarries, plantations, to construction sites, moving all manor of goods, minerals and machinery. 
Here we see LGB's latest version of the model in Smart Light Green and Black livery, operating on the Garden Railway, hauling a rake of 6 mixed LGB Light Railway open wagons.
Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iCyB5PTPlA

post-20663-0-45571600-1463301651_thumb.gif

Archived