Lunester Lounge 2017.... for ANY topic you wish to discuss

• RMweb Premium

A Guid New Year tae ane and a' the Lunesters.

Not a great thing to toast in 2016 with a n'erday tipple of Welsh malt, but I had to finish off the set that I had, and that seemed as good a tipple as any.

• Like 5

Evening all,

A belated very happy New Year. Recuperating now, and thanks to upping the oral morphine, the pain is bearable. Tired though, as I had to be in Colchester General for 7am and amazingly, we were back home by 8pm! Thanks for the good wishes.

I hope all your various modelling projects are enjoyed in the coming year,

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS Stewart, luckier than me, as I was barred alcohol last night! J.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

A belated very happy New Year. Recuperating now, and thanks to upping the oral morphine, the pain is bearable. Tired though, as I had to be in Colchester General for 7am and amazingly, we were back home by 8pm! Thanks for the good wishes.

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS Stewart, luckier than me, as I was barred alcohol last night! J.

Jock,

Glad to see you are back with us.  Hope it all went well, all the best for the coming year.

Evening all,

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS Stewart, luckier than me, as I was barred alcohol last night! J.[/quote

It's good to see you back Jock - best wishes for the new year

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure everyone who follows this little bit, by now knows that David Bowie died today.  I know that the various of guitar playing individuals on here have heard his music- he wasn't a huge influence directly on me, in terms of what I listen to, but he certainly was a part of the background music which I have listened to since the mid 1980's.  (I know...once again, in MY youth, when most of you were teaching, or belting dumb students like me around the ears, or something...).  I have a childhood friend who possibly has more to say about him than me- but still, we lost a very talented artist, and individual who was clearly not afraid to be his own person.

James

• Like 1

Afternoon all,

Didn't really like DB or his music (mainly because I'm a dyed in the wood classical fan who also likes top quality guitar players), but I couldn't help but admire his ability to change not with the fashion of the day, but creating his own! To reinvent himself, as often as he did, was nothing short of amazing. Above all else, he seems to have been less controversial than many of his peers, and I understand that he didn't really hurt anyone throughout his life which is more important in my opinion!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 2

Any of our fans of the Universe stuck to the TV like me for 'Stargazing Live' with Dara Ó Briain and Brian Cox, as well as a few boffins. Fascinating, especially good to see how happy Tim Peake is to be up there on the ISS! It's on again tomorrow night at 9 on the Beeb.

Kind regards,

Jock.

Edited by Jock67B

Any of our fans of the Universe stuck to the TV like me for 'Stargazing Live' with Dara Ó Briain and Brian Cox, as well as a few boffins. Fascinating, especially good to see how happy Tim Peake is to be up there on the ISS! It's on again tomorrow night at 9 on the Beeb.

Kind regards,

Jock.

Loved the model of the ISS... I want one!

Alan

Not wishing to decry the achievements of Major Tim in any way, but why is there all the intense media interest in this mission?

He's not the first Briton in space.

He's not the first British-born person to visit the ISS.

He's not the first British-born person to do a space walk.

It'll be interesting to see if Major Tim will, in due course become, Sir Tim. Don't think Helen Sharman (the first Briton in space) was made a Dame. 

• RMweb Premium

Some interesting points, Peter, all of which have been discussed with my brother and friends. Tim is a great guy, highly skilled and has trained very hard for this mission. I welcome the media frenzy as it puts spaceflight and space research into the spotlight.

But you are correct - I wonder how Helen Sharman feels? British through-and-through, the only difference being her mission wasn't fully-funded by the UK taxpayer.

I don't think you are decrying anything, it's an interesting set of questions you raise.

Jeff 

Afternoon all,

Apologies to Jeff, Andy George and many others if I appear to have deserted your threads but I've re-started the chemo on Thursday, and all the side effects appear to have struck at once leaving me feeling very poorly. I'll see my oncologist on Thursday in the hopes that he can come up with a solution as I don't want to have to stop taking it! I'll try to catch up later in the week if I feel better.

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all,

Apologies to Jeff, Andy George and many others if I appear to have deserted your threads but I've re-started the chemo on Thursday, and all the side effects appear to have struck at once leaving me feeling very poorly. I'll see my oncologist on Thursday in the hopes that he can come up with a solution as I don't want to have to stop taking it! I'll try to catch up later in the week if I feel better.

Kind regards,

Jock.

No apologies needed, Jock, though I'm sure a few of us wondered where you'd got to!

All the best with the medical stuff and look forward to your usual comments in the threads!

Jeff

As jeff has said jock

Really no need to apologise pal

Good luck with it all and hope you feel better soon!

My father in law went through all that chimo so i know how hard it can be.

All the best to you

Ben

Afternoon all,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Jock, don't worry about posting to much if it takes it out of you, you need to look after yourself mate, just a post every few Days with an Up Date on your condition.

All the best from Dee and Myself.

• Like 3

Afternoon all,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hope you're feeling better soon Jock

Evening all,

Many thanks for the kind wishes which certainly give me a lift. I'm feeling slightly better tonight but still far from right. Determined as ever not to give in though, I want to pester you guys for as long as I can!

I will keep you updated - Joanna took me to my GPs for blood tests today and I've had a small change in medication to help the headache problem, and I see the oncologist on Thursday.

I'll be trying to catch up with threads later in the week if I can manage to get some sleep!

Kind regards, and thanks again for the supportive comments,

Jock.