June 1993. Intercity ran a number of 'specials' for invited guests only between Euston and places like Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow etc, using a full 91 set.

Just remember to have a 90 ready on standby for when the 91 fails!..... https://www.flickr.com/photos/tunnel_one/5559317260

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks Paul for clearing that one up. I was thinking either 1991 or 1993.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Great to see more progress Jez........I'll lend you a couple of Pendos if you want to go all modern!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We'd have quite a fleet then as I've got three of them on order!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Edited by cornish trains jez

• 2 weeks later...

Just one more thing to report, and yes, it's another item of rolling stock! This particular 86 is being returned to its original electric blue livery and in a "as delivered into service" state. I've filed out the head code box and sanded down the moulded headlight and TDM cables. I've also smoothed in the little boxes on the sides of the cabs as they were not there originally.

I have already primed it and it revealed a multitude of sins in that the moulded detailing was not quite smooth enough and neither were the side detailing. So a bit more filing and sanding and it's now ready for a re-prime!

Quite looking forward to seeing how this one turns out as I rather like their original livery.

post-10222-0-17110100-1485108521_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 13

Good evening,

I've been progressing more trackwork today and completed more of the turnouts. I've now run out of plastic chairs again so while I wait for some more, here's a progress shot of the overall track layout.

post-10222-0-79966300-1485723383_thumb.jpg

I've also continued the wiring and I've decided to solder some small pieces of wire to connect the current from the stock rails to the crossing blades. This will save adding additional dropper wires to the crossing blades.

post-10222-0-28433300-1485723473_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

I find that these rigid wire fixings also stop the point blades from sliding in the Easitrak chairs, possibly closing up the insulation gap to the frog rail. Once painted black, they are pretty invisible.

Keep up the good work with the track laying, I am really looking forward to seeing long trains snaking their way into and out of the platforms.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I feel like I'm really getting somewhere now with the wiring and hopefully it will not be too long before the first full Intercity rake snakes into the station. I already have one full WCML MK3 rake with all its wheel sets turned down to 2mmFS standards so can't wait to get it working on the layout.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

Hi Jeremy,

I regularly watch what you are getting up to, though seldom comment.  The level of track building skill that you are attaining in 2mm are very high indeed.  I am struggling to build track to this standard in 4mm! 

All the best,

Colin

Edited by Colin parks
  • Like 1

Hi Jeremy,

I regularly watch what you are getting up to, though seldom comment.  The level of track building skill that you are attaining in 2mm are very high indeed.  I am struggling to build track to this standard in 4mm! 

All the best,

Colin

Hi Colin,

Thank you for your kind words. It feels like it's taken me an age to get this far but hopefully I'm seeing light at the end of tunnel now.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Like Colin Parks above , I too follow what you're up to and rarely comment , but am in awe of your work in 2mm track work . Not that it's my region or period as you know , but have to admire your efforts in such a fine scale with all that complicated pointwork in the Euston throat . A big project indeed . Good luck with it mate .

Regards , Roy .

Hi Jeremy,

Like Colin Parks above , I too follow what you're up to and rarely comment , but am in awe of your work in 2mm track work . Not that it's my region or period as you know , but have to admire your efforts in such a fine scale with all that complicated pointwork in the Euston throat . A big project indeed . Good luck with it mate .

Regards , Roy .

Hi Roy,

Many thanks for commenting. I've soon got the long task of wiring up all the turnouts, hopefully it will all work out ok and everything will run nice and smoothly.

See you in Grantham in April!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Decided to make a start on wiring up my latest section of track laying. Here are the holes marked out and drilled ready for the wires.

I have also soldered the wires on now and will link up under the baseboard using solder tags.

Holes drilled through

attachicon.gifIMG_7953.JPG

Best regards,

Jeremy

Can I ask for any tips for soldering wires onto the bottom of the track Please?

This is going to be superb, watching with great interest.

• Like 1

That's looking fab Jeremy :good:

Nice work...

Thanks Pete. I remember you talking me into all this 2mmfS stuff. Glad I took your advice and took the plunge.

Beautiful flowing trackwork Jeremy, top stuff! 

Tom. 

Cheers Tom. its going to take me decades to paint all those rails!

That trackwork is absolutely stunning and not to much left to do now, you appear to have got the diamonds and slips sorted, I hope that the wiring and testing goes smoothly.

Thank you. The slips and diamonds still need a little adjusting here and there so the rolling stock moves smoothly through but shouldn't be too much work now to go.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 2