Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Talyllyn Junction. The Station area has been started!

Jintyman

Hi Jinty,

Breathtaking speed and quality.

Can we have a couple of photos of the wiring and veranda interior for the Toad please?

Kindest,

CME

Thank you CME,

The light isn't wired up as yet, that was just a the wires clamped onto DCC track power to see if it worked ok. I've yet to make up the small circuit board for the directional lighting, the decoder and the interior lighting.

This morning about 7am, before work, I decided to put the transfers onto the Toad. Then when I got home this afternoon, I varnished over with my usual Humbrol Matt Varnish mixed with celly thinners. within two minutes of it being airbrushed on, it went white, like blooming, but worse.

I'm now going to try and make it look somewhat tired with liquids and powders and see how it goes, if it doesn't work, it'll all be getting stripped off!!!!!

Here are a couple of shots of the veranda area, although the floor and shelf haven't had the weathering treatment yet, so look very clean. Also I haven't picked out the sanding levers either.

post-14906-0-94517600-1436459816_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-14587600-1436459833_thumb.jpg

Another big thumbs up for Railtec Transfers, superb quality as usual. usual disclaimer, just a satisfied customer.

Jinty ;)

• Like 6

Hi Jinty.

I don't have any bars, either - I learned how to use them on a "tin-bashing" course I went on when I retired, but I don't own any - and haven't used any since.  I use a piece of broom handle to do mine - tape the side down the middle of the handle and roll it - basically! - checking against the ends frequently.  I don't know where I got that idea from but it works!!

I've got an old Chowbent kit of an LNWR driving trailer to build sometime and I'm planning to do the tumblehome that way. That kit, though, doesn't look as easy to do as the Sidelines ones were.  I'll put a description on my thread when I eventually get round to doing it.

Rod

Hi Jinty.

I don't have any bars, either - I learned how to use them on a "tin-bashing" course I went on when I retired, but I don't own any - and haven't used any since.  I use a piece of broom handle to do mine - tape the side down the middle of the handle and roll it - basically! - checking against the ends frequently.  I don't know where I got that idea from but it works!!

I've got an old Chowbent kit of an LNWR driving trailer to build sometime and I'm planning to do the tumblehome that way. That kit, though, doesn't look as easy to do as the Sidelines ones were.  I'll put a description on my thread when I eventually get round to doing it.

Rod

Hi Rod,

The broom handle instructions are on the Sidelines instructions, Malcom kindly explains how to.

I've been after one of the Ex Northstar Design LNWR M52 Driving trailer kits, Gladiator took them over, but they've now finished and not got any left.

Jinty ;)

Hi Jinty.

I was just lucky - one of the lads at the Club was selling stuff from someone's estate and this was in it.

I'm planning to run it with the Coal Tank when it's built, as a second preserved set.

Rod

• RMweb Gold

Thank you CME,

The light isn't wired up as yet, that was just a the wires clamped onto DCC track power to see if it worked ok. I've yet to make up the small circuit board for the directional lighting, the decoder and the interior lighting.

This morning about 7am, before work, I decided to put the transfers onto the Toad. Then when I got home this afternoon, I varnished over with my usual Humbrol Matt Varnish mixed with celly thinners. within two minutes of it being airbrushed on, it went white, like blooming, but worse.

I'm now going to try and make it look somewhat tired with liquids and powders and see how it goes, if it doesn't work, it'll all be getting stripped off!!!!!

Here are a couple of shots of the veranda area, although the floor and shelf haven't had the weathering treatment yet, so look very clean. Also I haven't picked out the sanding levers either.

attachicon.gifTal 113.jpg

attachicon.gifTal 114.jpg

Another big thumbs up for Railtec Transfers, superb quality as usual. usual disclaimer, just a satisfied customer.

Jinty ;)

Very nice indeed but a shame to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar - so what about the side lamps (and the brackets to hang them on of course)?

• Like 1

Very nice indeed but a shame to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar - so what about the side lamps (and the brackets to hang them on of course)?

Yes, well spotted Stationmaster, Just one of the advantages of these forums, that an obvious omission can be spotted by a 3rd party.

Thanks, the brackets will be duly attended to.

Jinty ;)

Hi Jinty.

If you are a member of the G0G you could put a wanted add on the website for the Ex LNWR trailer. I have had a lot of success selling stuff on this site so it is worth a try.

Rod

Also the "Western Thunder" website is good place to trade on, and the wanted section on the RMweb has turned up a couple of items for me as well.

Craig.

Hi Jinty.

If you are a member of the G0G you could put a wanted add on the website for the Ex LNWR trailer. I have had a lot of success selling stuff on this site so it is worth a try.

Rod

Thanks Rod, worth a try

Also the "Western Thunder" website is good place to trade on, and the wanted section on the RMweb has turned up a couple of items for me as well.

Craig.

Already on WT Craig, not that you've been along to say hello yet!!!!!!  :drag:

A bit of a top up delivery from C&L today, now I can finish off the Junction board (track wise), and then onto the platform board. Hasn't solder got expensive?

post-14906-0-06104100-1436803116_thumb.jpg

Also my LMS coach book arrived too. Excellent service from a Ebay Bookshop.

post-14906-0-89944700-1436803147_thumb.jpg

Straight to Plate 19 and there she is, D1851 Corridor Brake 3rd.

post-14906-0-97409400-1436803159_thumb.jpg

Now after a bit of reading, I'll be able to get on with the coach.

I've also acquired a Russel book on GWR coaching stock and both volume 1 & 2 of Russels Pictorial History of GWR locomotives.

Jinty ;)

• Like 6

Your book on LMS coaches is a valuable source of information. I have had my copy for years together with other LMS reference books on locos, wagons. etc. Another valuable book has been Mark 1 coaches which has also been valuable during the construction of my BG. Books are an asset which should not be under estimated - you cannot have too many me thinks! Besides it is nice to get away from the computer now and again and to sit and enjoy a bit of research/reading in the comfort of your arm chair.

Rod

I love my books too and I can't remember whan I last had to recharge or reboot them. Somehow they just keep going on.

i know - same with real magazines - but i know i spend too much time on computers and Ipads, because I have really tried to find and press a 'like' button in MRJ.....

The annoying thing I find with books is that you can't zoom the pictures....

Thicker glasses help Simon, before you know the pictures will be right in your face  :whistle:

Edited by muddys-blues

Guest bri.s

The annoying thing I find with books is that you can't zoom the pictures....

I once tried lol I'd been on the iPad then looking at a book ,

Things you do at 12 o'clock at night while researching lol

Brian

Just come across three pictures on this page that might be of help

https://www.rcts.org.uk/features/mysteryphotos/?page=13

Keith HC

Thank you very much Keith.

The signal box picture is a pippin as I'm having a wooden kit commissioned for it, and I will immediately forward it on to the person concerned.

Meanwhile, this afternoon, I was going to make up some tie bars, but decided to carry on with the main running line to Merthyr and the cattle siding, where a catch point was needed. I'll link this catch point with the three way so that it does what it's supposed to!!!

post-14906-0-87120800-1436897346_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-28489200-1436897363_thumb.jpg

I've made up one tie bar, and fitted it to the far nose of the three way, I've just got another 5 to do now. The first acted like a trial one, so now I've got the measurements, that should be pretty much the same for all of the turnouts.

Jinty ;)

• Like 7