Freightliner MJA twins & HIA hopper

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

My rake is made up of all the first and second batch releases, apart from the one (maybe two, I can't remember!) where I removed the strengthening fillets in the top groove, to match the prototype of that particular number wagon, I couldn't tell you which wagon came from which batch !!

In the latest batch, that's the same tweak that Dapol have done to the model !!

They're a nice model to work on, they come apart and go back together easily.

Just bear in mind, they're pretty heavy !!

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cjs11 said:

Thank you Tom, that's brilliant! How did you find that?

"HIA Carlisle" thinking there's a chance of one being WCML south of there. Key thing when searching Flickr is looking for the place where people are likely to be taking photographs and work from there rather than where you want the thing to have been.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know where you can buy the correct size buffers for the HIAs? The ones on the models are 5mm wide x 3.4mm high, but on the wagons they are 550mm x 270mm, which would equate at 1: 76.1 as 7.25mm x 3.55mm.

regards

Darryl

• 3 months later...
On 02/03/2022 at 21:03, daz9284 said:

Does anyone know where you can buy the correct size buffers for the HIAs? The ones on the models are 5mm wide x 3.4mm high, but on the wagons they are 550mm x 270mm, which would equate at 1: 76.1 as 7.25mm x 3.55mm.

regards

Darryl

I was wondering whether the Accurascale sprung buffers on the new GBRf HYA hopper wagons would be suitable
Not sure how they could be attached to the metal chassis of the Freightliner HIA wagons though

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 02/03/2022 at 21:03, daz9284 said:

regards

Darryl

I have a plan to get some 3D printed.....

George at S Kits sells them. The accurascale ones would fit onto the HIAs by cutting off the existing buffer shank on the HIA, drilling a small hole into the buffer beam and then gluing them in place. Unfortunately accurascale don't sell them as spares 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Can someone help me please? Looking to build a good rake of HIA’s but trying to work out numbers i will need. Anyone able to post a full list of all released batches with product numbers & running numbers please?

TIA 😃

40 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

Can someone help me please? Looking to build a good rake of HIA’s but trying to work out numbers i will need. Anyone able to post a full list of all released batches with product numbers & running numbers please?

TIA 😃

Not sure what you mean by a good rake? There's about 30 done by Dapol altogether so as long as you avoid duplicates you're OK. Unless I am missing the point?

21 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Not sure what you mean by a good rake? There's about 30 done by Dapol altogether so as long as you avoid duplicates you're OK. Unless I am missing the point?

no you are correct! Im just trying to avoid duplication and get a good mix of originals and late builds. Also want to get a good variety of numbers to avoid uniformity 😃

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, WCML100 said:

TIA 😃

Prototype info.

396001-369021 green 4 strengthening ribs

369022-369048 white 4 ribs.

369049-369122 green 2 ribs.

Dapol order codes of models are 4F-026-xxx, so shouldn't be too hard to research.

Where xxx is 001 to 029

Edited by newbryford
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

no you are correct! Im just trying to avoid duplication and get a good mix of originals and late builds. Also want to get a good variety of numbers to avoid uniformity 😃

Just make sure that you don't order two Dapol numbers the same then. Also if you want a mix the latest batch are slightly different tooling.

In all honesty unless somebody has it written down you'll probably have to do your own research on what Dapol number equals what wagon as most people won't care on the wagon numbers are so long as they are different.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I have a rake of 12, these being the first two batches of 6 that were released, so all different numbers.

IIRC, only one of them needed the the 'ribs' removing to make the bodystyle prototypical to the number.

Cheers,

Phil.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Phil Mc said:

I have a rake of 12, these being the first two batches of 6 that were released, so all different numbers.

IIRC, only one of them needed the the 'ribs' removing to make the bodystyle prototypical to the number.

Cheers,

Phil.

IIRC, didn't you post a pic with the entire collection of white HIAs on delivery to the Peak Forest area? Probably the only time that this occurred?

• RMweb Premium
On 04/12/2022 at 23:34, newbryford said:

IIRC, didn't you post a pic with the entire collection of white HIAs on delivery to the Peak Forest area? Probably the only time that this occurred?

If not all the White ones, then certainly a good chunk of them !!

The Green one has the different style ribs too.

100_0152_00.jpg.d926306ce34c9c294c34d07045049fcc.jpg

Cheers,

Phil.

Edited by Phil Mc
  • Like 2