Little Marley

DAVE1562

Hi Mark......yes they are, more up to date versions are not available..hopefully one day, although... speaking to a Bachmann rep at the local model shop a new gwr autocoach could be in the pipeline?...:)

I have both the b set and autocoach in maroon by Hornby for my planned 1950's WR branch line layout.

Regards Mark

• Like 1

Hi all....spent the afternoon threading fencing using laser cut posts... managed all 2ft of it, now i feel like mr magoo... :crazy:     rather than using a bridge as a scenic break(see earlier idea thread) i decided to put fencing along the edge with bushes  which will give me a more open feel and make sighting for the magnets to uncouple easier and make it better to take pics.... :)

post-19438-0-17124200-1475096368.jpg

• Like 11

Hi Dave

Looking better all the time Dave. The fencing is a good idea, and looks great too.

May I ask who's posts you have used?

Les

Hi Les.....have a browse...scalemodelscenery.co.uk......4 hole/4ft posts   LX058-OO...

dave...:)

Hi all.....received these today.. station and signal box name boards,laser etched from osborn's models.....now have a named station open for business ... :)

attachicon.gifDSC04623.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC04621.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC04619.JPG[/quote

I've wondered about approaching Osborns myself for other laser cutting ( as a one off ). Did you supply them with a CAD file or did they produce it themselves ?

I did have access at one time to a laser cutter but now sadly it's gone. As an aside Devon County library in Exeter hold courses for using high tech equipment such as laser cutters and 3D printing if you're interested.

Your layout is coming along very nicely I must say.

Hi all.....received these today.. station and signal box name boards,laser etched from osborn's models.....now have a named station open for business ... :)

attachicon.gifDSC04623.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC04621.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC04619.JPG[/quote

I've wondered about approaching Osborns myself for other laser cutting ( as a one off ). Did you supply them with a CAD file or did they produce it themselves ?

I did have access at one time to a laser cutter but now sadly it's gone. As an aside Devon County library in Exeter hold courses for using high tech equipment such as laser cutters and 3D printing if you're interested.

Your layout is coming along very nicely I must say.

Hi bgman....the station and signal box signs are available on osborn's web site, you just fill the requirement for name.... give osborns a ring for the other work.. we had the exeter st davids signal box commissioned  in n gauge through them by one of our club members, he did supply pics and other info but no cad drawing i believe, give them a call...:)

post-19438-0-36756200-1476022737.jpg

Edited by DAVE1562

Hi bgman....the station and signal box signs are available on osborne's web site, you just fill the requirement for name.... give osborns a ring for the other work.. we had the exeter st davids signal box commissioned in n gauge through them by one of our club members, he did supply pics and other info but no cad drawing i believe, give them a call...:)

attachicon.gifarch-laser-al00-020-arch-laser-southern-region-signal-box-kit-based-on-exeter-central-oo-gauge-37052-pekm500x349[ekm.jpg]

Hi Dave

That's useful to know thank you, I did see they're producing a range of N gauge stuff so it shouldn't be too much of a prob I'd assume to scale up.

Thank you

Grahame

Edited by bgman

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave, excuse the flurry of likes, I got all enthusiastic about the layout! The flow of track is very nicely done and appealing, and I really like the colours.

Mr Beeching looks omnious, I think I recognize the figure from the Montys/Dart Castings range?

Thanks for the tip about the signs from Osborn's.

• Like 1

Hi Dave, excuse the flurry of likes, I got all enthusiastic about the layout! The flow of track is very nicely done and appealing, and I really like the colours.

Mr Beeching looks omnious, I think I recognize the figure from the Montys/Dart Castings range?

Thanks for the tip about the signs from Osborn's.

Thanks Mikkel...yes they are from monty's/dart castings.....very pleased with them,quality of the cast is top notch... :)

Hi Dave,

Superb detail on the platform! I have to agree, I use Dart Castings figures too here at Berry Pomeroy and they are sublime to paint and view in situ once completed. Nigel, the chap who owns the company, is a friendly fellow too if you happen to have a chat and/or make a purchase at an exhibition where he is attending with a stand.

Keep the lovely photos coming and excellent detail! :)

Cheers,

Chris

The Dart Castings figures are very good, but it's your painting that really "makes" them, Dave.

I like the subdued colour scheme you have chosen for them. 

Thanks mikkel...trying to get that 40's post war look...:) 

• Like 1