RMweb

Hello, everyone

Macbear

Approaching retirement and having accumulated some 00 over years I have decided to take a look at what I can do. Google has repeatedly brought me to the RMweb, and I like much of what I read. My principal interest will be in scenery - and making it rather than getting it ready made. Hopefully, membership will give inspiration, options and participation. North Norfolk is a great place to live, but I don't yet have any contacts.

Welcome to the parish, I wish you well with your modelling exploits and when retirement comes make the most of it !

Enjoy and happy modelling

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Morning!

Welcome on board - am sure you will find the knowledge and inspiration you seek on here

What sort of location/era do you fancy?

Kind regards

Phil

Hello Macbear, Welcome to RMWEB, I live in Kings Lynn, and have a blog - (Sproston) on here, - have been building the layout for about two and a half years. This is definitely the place to come to find answers to any of your questions, and helpful advice is always available and given. I find myself checking construction details, colour schemes or images of most of my modelling ideas first on here now.

Regards

SIGTECH (Steve).

Thankyou to you all for a warm welcome.

To respond to Phil: my accumulated rolling stock and trackside materials relate to the Notts/Derbys coalfield area in the late 1980s. I lived there during part of that period before work brought me to Norfolk. So MGR coal operations, intermodal and the odd passenger rakes are my main starters.

Beast reminds me of my student days in the '70s - living in Chester and being a student in Ormskirk for 4 years - with MerseyRail developing and the closure of Liverpool Exchange: I came to love the city and the people.

Steve - my loft has had the layout I began for my children. The extremes of temperature, access and general discomfort have prompted me to salvage the track and rebuild in my "study" half the size, but much more comfortable. Starting this autumn. I shall hurry slowly and enjoy the journey, and the looks of all the replies so far it will be in good company.

Jeff and bgman: your encouragement is appreciated. Previous visits before membership to RMweb have introduced my to the prospect of scratchbuilding lineside features, Iain Rice [who seems to talk sense and help me to avoid needless expense] and enthusiasts whose subject knowledge is impressive.... and some humour! I come to learn, humbly.

Take care,

Andrew.

Archived