Warship in 7mm

steve fay

Couple of shots a Heljan Warship number as D810 and weathered still one or jobs left

Sorry but I don't know why the photos are upside down

WOW that really is some magneto adhesion on those wheels to that track  :mosking: ....... they do look nice though "even upsidedown"

Craig.

• 8 months later...

Hi Steve/guys,

I know it might sound like a silly question-but which painting technique is best used on the severnmill name plates, I know of a couple, but I dont want reinvent the wheel or mess up such nicely rendered plates.

Thanks in anticipation,

Kindest,

M.

I just prime them then spray them black,

Once dry rub the letters on some fine emery paper or use a sharp scalpel to remove the excess paint

I just prime them then spray them black,

Once dry rub the letters on some fine emery paper or use a sharp scalpel to remove the excess paint

Thanks Steve,

Etch primer such as Acid # 8 or a general purpose primer?

At one time Gamesworkshop Chaos Black was a one hit solution-sadly not anymore.

Thanks again, Steve,

Kindest regards,

M.

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
Just a quick question on DCC fitting if I may?

I must have fitted 250+ OO Gauge locos over the years, including Bachmann split-chassis steam, so I'm no shrinking violet.  I'm new to O Gauge however and this is my first DCC conversion.

Having opened up my Warship for the first time, I think I can see what needs to be done but thought I might ask before proceeding.

As has been alluded to earlier in this thread, it does look as if I can just take out the Heljan PCB and replace it with my Loksound V4.1 XL.  My worry is the lighting - are those resistors on the PCB, or are they in-line somewhere out of sight?  I feel the urge to just plug-in the appropriate wires but don't want to blow the LEDs!

Is somebody able to confirm?

Thanks in advance

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question on DCC fitting if I may?

I must have fitted 250+ OO Gauge locos over the years, including Bachmann split-chassis steam, so I'm no shrinking violet.  I'm new to O Gauge however and this is my first DCC conversion.

Having opened up my Warship for the first time, I think I can see what needs to be done but thought I might ask before proceeding.

As has been alluded to earlier in this thread, it does look as if I can just take out the Heljan PCB and replace it with my Loksound V4.1 XL.  My worry is the lighting - are those resistors on the PCB, or are they in-line somewhere out of sight?  I feel the urge to just plug-in the appropriate wires but don't want to blow the LEDs!

Is somebody able to confirm?

Thanks in advance
Mike

The lighting circuit boards with just about all of the newer Heljan locos contains the resistors. So just wire up the the XL and play!!!

Jinty ;)

• RMweb Gold

The lighting circuit boards with just about all of the newer Heljan locos contains the resistors. So just wire up the the XL and play!!!

Jinty ;)

Thanks for that.

Edited by Mutley

• 2 weeks later...