Derby Members' Day 10 JULY

Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

DATE NOW CONFIRMED 10 JULY

As I helped organise the first Members' Day at Mickleover (Derby) in 2007 I'm under pressure from local members to step in and have another small event at the Community Centre with our clubrooms open as well. Very early days especially as I haven't asked Andy yet. I need to get some idea about who would be interested and if we are to go ahead then we will have to sort out a suitable date in June or July. Some of you were at that first event and will know the limitations of the Community Centre - please don't expect anything as big as the last couple of years at Chasewater - but now that has been cancelled, it's better than nothing :D

Please respond and let me know if you are interested.

Thanks

Mike :icon_wave:

Sounds like a good idea Mike.

You might even be able to persuade me and Glenn to exhibit Kirkhill! Regardless, I'd certainly welcome a get together for anyone off the forum who's interested.

A thank you to Mike for this, it's really appreciated. There's a few dates in June/July I may not be available but I'll make sure the event is appropriately provided for in insurance etc. If I'm available I can either tart Keyhaven around or do some demo work. :)

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks for the messages of support. I have tried to PM Andy to check some dates but the message system is down. Providing he has the same email address as 2007 then he should have a message in his inbox :D

Keep adding your support as we need more than 6 who say they will come - at that rate it's £25 each for the hire of the hall :rolleyes:

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the recent messages of support - I think I can say that it will go ahead subject to sorting out a suitable date. Can members please let me know of other events in the area during June or July so that we can try to avoid a clash of dates. I have already had a PM about another 'open day' that is being organised not too far away which will be welcoming several RMweb members but they are not yet in a position to confirm their date.

Thanks

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The Derby Members Day will be on Saturday 10 July at Mickleover Community Centre, Uttoxeter Road, Mickleover, Derby DE3 0DA and we also expect to have the Mickleover Model Railway Group clubrooms open as well

At this stage please don't just reply 'me too' to say you are coming :D as I want to start with those who are willing to bring their layouts, run a demonstration, display models or any traders wanting to attend. If there is space available we could also have members second hand sales with a small commission to offset some of the costs. Please contact by PM with full details of what you can offer so that I can make a start on planning who will be there. Please do not expect to just turn up and expect to find a space :rolleyes: Keyhaven is already on the list :P

To cover the cost of the hall, we propose a voluntary donation of £3 for each visitor as we don't think it's fair for Andy and RMweb funds to subsidise the event too much - especially after all the costs of setting up the new server etc.

Refreshments such as bacon cobs and jacket potatoes will be available providing we get a few volunteers willing to help out in the kitchen with any surplus going towards the hall costs or even to the new server fund. Please let me know if you can help or bring along a partner, wife, mother, daughter, mistress, girlfriend or boyfriend who fancies a bit of cooking or washing up :D

I look forward to hearing from you

Mike (plus about 6 other RMweb members from MMRG)

Happy to offer any help I can, maybe a road vehicle demo, that might instill some action into all those dormant projects? Others welcome to assist, there seem to be others far more capable than me on the subject?

Archived