Trent Valley North American Show - May 15 2010

Northpoint

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Nick,

Thats a great looking line up of layouts there, making it very tempting indeed to mark on my calender!

Just one small query however, are there going to be many traders present, please?

Cheers,

John E.

Not many, John. Unfortunately, most people were already committed to Derby when I asked them. However, Team Track Trading from Cornwall will be there and possibly The Sidings from Tamworth. I also have John Parker (Western Models) who deals in a lot of used US stuff coming, plus I have some stuff to sell! So there will be some trade representation. We will be holding a raffle with a first prize of (hopefully) £25 of gift vouchers from Model Junction, plus there are prizes donated by Micro Trains.

Regarding the reference to Derby, we are only 30 minutes south of Derby on the A38 so why not do both shows? :rolleyes:

Sorry to lower the standards for this show, but visitors will be able to point and laugh at my O scale Soo Line locomotives, such as these...

SooNew1.jpg

SooNew5.jpg

SooNew6.jpg

I might've got a bit further with my latest project; the rear loco here... converting a GP38-2 to a GP40...

SDC10563.jpg

See you all there...!! B)

It's Dilemma Time...

I have a loco I'm working on; a conversion of a Weaver GP38-2 to a GP40, using Atlas parts.

I'm now at the stage when I could paint it, but I think it'd make an interesting exhibit as it is, to show the work involved, and the differences between the two types.

This is pretty much how it looks now; Weaver parts are black, Atlas grey...

SDC10558.jpg

Should I paint it, or leave as is for two weeks, untill the show...?? :unsure:

Unless it's me, and it has been a long day at work ( angry.gif ), the website you have referred people to doesn't have the date of the show?

Just info, not criticism wink.gif

He's Right, you know!!!!!!

Although the day & date are clearly marked on this thread, it's not actually on the website!

Cheers,

John E.

It's Dilemma Time...

I have a loco I'm working on; a conversion of a Weaver GP38-2 to a GP40, using Atlas parts.

I'm now at the stage when I could paint it, but I think it'd make an interesting exhibit as it is, to show the work involved, and the differences between the two types.

This is pretty much how it looks now; Weaver parts are black, Atlas grey...

Should I paint it, or leave as is for two weeks, untill the show...?? unsure.gif

Leave it, I personally like seeing how people go about doing converstions. Gives me ideas and hints biggrin.gif

By the way, should anyone care to offer me a sensible amount of cash on the day, they can take Duncan's Mine home with them at the end of show...

PMs welcome.

steve

Archived