Reg on trainspotting

Did anyone have the foresight to photograph said poster when it was around in the late 80's/early90's? I remember seeing it everywhere,Glasgow Q S had one when I was chasing tractors on the West Highland for a while. I'd love to have one on the layout, it was my brand in the days before sound-chips when I could afford to smoke! I've contacted the tobacco company who passed me on to the ad company who said they couldn't help because the campaign was banned by the ASA! I've also tried the ad website mentioned elsewhere on this forum but only US 'smokes' on there. Over to you guys. Cheers kev.

Did anyone have the foresight to photograph said poster when it was around in the late 80's/early90's? I remember seeing it everywhere,Glasgow Q S had one when I was chasing tractors on the West Highland for a while. I'd love to have one on the layout, it was my brand in the days before sound-chips when I could afford to smoke! I've contacted the tobacco company who passed me on to the ad company who said they couldn't help because the campaign was banned by the ASA! I've also tried the ad website mentioned elsewhere on this forum but only US 'smokes' on there. Over to you guys. Cheers kev.

"... said poster ...", but you haven't said what said poster is ! Has something 'fell off' your posting ?

• RMweb Gold

"... said poster ...", but you haven't said what said poster is ! Has something 'fell off' your posting ?

Soooooo glad you said that! I'm sure the OP is entirely correct about his recollection, but, like you, I'm not sure what it is! But then - I never really "got" Monty Python, either....

A series of adverts (posters) for Regal cigarettes, with a character called "Reg", all of which were captioned "Reg on..."

A quick search using "reg regal cigarette poster" or a similar combination of words brings up

http://www.euro-cig.com/gallery.php?id_cap=71

and

http://www.brandrepublic.com/news/170496/fat-lady-sings-swan-song-tobacco-advertising/

mentions Reg on Trainspotting - "there's one"

Thanks Eastwestdivide, Good site, shame it hasn't got the right poster! I'd also tried a search, all I got was Trainspotting the movie. At least I've got a better Idea on the date now,1993. Sorry if i wasn't clear enough on the question. I'll keep looking. Cheers kev.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived