2ManySpams

I can offer just the tool for this - chop saw anyone?

acetylene torch maybe useful as well........... Damian`s pimped out 37`s - sun roof, screen visor and think of the size speakers he`ll be able to fit.

oh don't forget the fuzzy dice & magic tree extra diesel fragrance too.

Great set of photos Mudders, Diesels in The Duchy is a superb piece of work, hope I can get to see it again soon.

Cheers, Dave.

When someone, who's work you really admire and aspire to, gives you a compliment like that......

........well, that really does make it all very worth while

Thank you Dave 

Hi Damian,

I think a bit of darker paint sloshed about on the bogies would be the go, as for sorting the ride height I just cut the bogie sides off and raised them up by a 1mm . cutting off the bogie side also norrows down the width a tad. It is a pain to do but it does really improve the look of the loco. Up to you though as you have quite a few 37s.

Cheers Peter. 

post-7022-0-30582500-1380290983_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

This bogie lowering is very interesting and curious if anyone has a pic of two 37s together, one lowered and one at standard height ? probably long day tired eyes trying to compare P.C.M`s pic with other 37 pic and failing to see the difference, and do the lowered loco`s run any better smoother etc ?

Lowering them there 37s makes them look "heavy" which is good :)  Idid it after reading Tim Shackleton's book on diesels way back when nd was ever so impressed with myself.......though i think the subject probably ended up in Bernard Road incinerator via the bin at some point.......

Which book is that and what was the method?

From memory I ground out a couple of metal tabs on the underneath of the chassis where the bogie tower locates - but I could be wrong

• RMweb Premium

You could take a bit off the top of the bogies, like Jon020 did on his Deltic here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/587/entry-5884-detailing-a-deltic-cab-details-bogies-and-some-minor-bodywork-refinements-p4-deltic-pt-8/

Sure I've seen it suggested that is worthwhile doing the sideframe mod too though as it was suggested that the axle boxes don't quite align with the axle centre - although I've never looked that closely myself.

You could take a bit off the top of the bogies, like Jon020 did on his Deltic here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/587/entry-5884-detailing-a-deltic-cab-details-bogies-and-some-minor-bodywork-refinements-p4-deltic-pt-8/

Sure I've seen it suggested that is worthwhile doing the sideframe mod too though as it was suggested that the axle boxes don't quite align with the axle centre - although I've never looked that closely myself.

So I've got to decide how far I want to take this.

I wasn't going to do too much more, but now I have the possibility of the window mods and the lowering of the bodies. quite a lot of work bearing in mind how many I have.

time for a think - I was meant to be migrating into S7 and the "Highland Sulzer" project

not sure what to do here

• RMweb Gold

Morning "ExaggeratingWestern"

Thanks for your 'help'

oh and what was the cryptic reference to the Brunswick on Thursday night?

If you wished to join our hallowed little soiree next week, we could have a "lowering a 37" style session.

No Doombar though, plenty of others to choose from.

Just a thought.

Mike.

If you wished to join our hallowed little soiree next week, we could have a "lowering a 37" style session.

No Doombar though, plenty of others to choose from.

Just a thought.

Mike.

Great offer

what part of the country we talking?

School nights can be a bit of a push though bearing in mind I work in York and live near Newark.....