LYDCC Rawtenstall Exhbition 2011

Savoyard

• RMweb Gold

Exhibition Update: 12th October 2011

Seminar Timetable

Saturday 29th October 2011

1030-1130 Introduction to DCC - Andy Forty DCC Supplies

1145-1245 BR Signalling with JMRI - Nigel Cliffe & Kevin Dickerson

1300-1400 TouchCab - Jens Vesterdahl (Author of TouchCab)

1415-1515 DCC Sound ESU Overview - Ian Bishop

1545-1630 DCC Q&A

Sunday 30th October 2011

1030-1130 Introduction to DCC - Andy Forty DCC Supplies

1145-1245 BR Signalling with JMRI - Nigel Cliffe & Kevin Dickerson

1300-1400 TouchCab - Jens Vesterdahl (Author of TouchCab)

1415-1515 DCC Sound Zimo Overview - Paul Chetter & Tony Molyneux

1515-1545 DCC Q&A

• RMweb Gold

Hi Peter,

I had better go along to those :lol_mini: :rolleyes: :mocking_mini:

Looking forward to the show, just starting to pack now as i won't have much time over the next couple of weeks, have to find a couple of little projects to keep myself out of trouble ;)

If you are attending please stop by my demo and say hi. I should if i remeber to pack it have a name card on the stand somewhere.

cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Free Bus Service Timetable

Buses leave ELR Rawtenstall Station

1635 Sat Only

Buses Leave Alder Grange School

1705 Sat Only

The timetable has been designed for the bus to arrive at ELR Rawtenstall Station 5 minutes before the train arrives and depart 5 minutes after the train has departed to allow visitors to the exhibition who may not wish to travel on the ELR the opportunity to see trains arrive and depart.

Peter

2 weeks to go!

• RMweb Gold

This year we will be holding a raffle with the proceeds split between club funds and the National Autistic Society Blackburn with Darwen Branch.

We have been generously been offered prizes from a number of our supporters and I will post details as they are confirmed.

Arcadia in Shaw has generously donated a Graham Farish N Gauge Digital Starter Set which is greatly appreciated.

Peter

As well as presenting DCC sound seminars, Ian '' Legomanbiffo'' Bishop is bringing some of his models along to run on Coppell ( it will give some of my tat a rest!!!!). So if you want to see and hear them in the flesh ( plastic?) come along, he may even be operating! kev.

Hi all.

After a couple of weeks of intense programming every night (and I'm not out of the woods yet), I now feel fairly confident that I can deliver a decent preview of TouchCab 1.7 with XpressNet. :paint:

The version I am bringing will be an early alpha version, and as such it will not be feature complete, but certainly good enough to show at a seminar. Combined with ordinary demo on Rederring the rest of the time, you will get the overall picture.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Best regards

Jens

Hi all.

After a couple of weeks of intense programming every night (and I'm not out of the woods yet), I now feel fairly confident that I can deliver a decent preview of TouchCab 1.7 with XpressNet. :paint:

The version I am bringing will be an early alpha version, and as such it will not be feature complete, but certainly good enough to show at a seminar. Combined with ordinary demo on Rederring the rest of the time, you will get the overall picture.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Best regards

Jens

Sounds very interesting Jens, I look forward to seeing and watching it in operation.

Thanks...................Bob.

• RMweb Gold

Change of Bus on the Free Bus Service

Due to mechanical problems on the Rawtenstall Leyland Tiger Cub it will not be available for our Exhibition, the GMTS have kindly stepped in and will be providing a replacement bus.

The times are still the same as previously posted (see below)

Peter

Buses leave ELR Rawtenstall Station

1635 Sat Only

Buses Leave Alder Grange School

1705 Sat Only

The timetable has been designed for the bus to arrive at ELR Rawtenstall Station 5 minutes before the train arrives and depart 5 minutes after the train has departed to allow visitors to the exhibition who may not wish to travel on the ELR the opportunity to see trains arrive and depart.

• RMweb Gold

Seminar Update

JMRI Seminar and Workshop

Nigel Cliffe and Kevin Dickerson are holding a seminar on using the new SignalMast Logic for UK based signalling at 1145 on both days, they will also be giving help and advice on JMRI throughout the day including demonstrating the new Decoder Pro 3 interface in the DCC Demo Room (Classroom E4).

Just squashed a nasty memory bug that caused the app to crash and with that, TouchCab 1.7a1 is ready for prime time in Rawtenstall.

Not feature complete nor bug free, but reasonably stable, and it does everything I want to show you.

Looking forward to shaking your hands in the weekend ... :)

Best regards

Jens

• RMweb Gold

Additional Layout

We have an addtional small box layout called 'Boxley Sidings' built by Mike Eydmann who is also bringing 'Old Fart Sidings'. Both layouts are examples of 'Inglenook Sidings'. This will be the layouts first outing and was only started three weeks ago.

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Heritage Free Bus Service

It is intended to use London Routemaster RM 1414 (414 CLT) on the Free Bus Service.

This bus has a North West connection as it was on loan to Manchester Corporation Transport Department in the early 60's for evaluation and was used in service from Parr's Wood Garage.

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Travelling to the Exhibition from Manchester Piccadilly Station

I have had a couple of enquries about getting to the exhibition from Manchester Piccadilly Station

The best two options are:-

Transdev Service X43 (The Witch Way) Manchester Chorlton Street to Burnley via Rawtenstall

This is the most direct way and the bus stops near the Ashworth Arms at the junction of Burnley Road/Hollin Lane with a 0.3 mile walk to the school.

Saturday

Buses leave Manchester Chorlton Street at 0720 0800 0820 0840 and every 20 minutes, the journey time is approxiametly 50 minutes. Please note the 0940 1040 1240 and 1400 departures operate as service X44 and take 5 minutes longer.

Sunday

Buese leave Manchester Chorlton Street at 0847 0947 1047 1117 and then every 30 minutes.

or

Metrolink to Bury from Piccadilly Station and then either the ELR to Rawtenstall Station and then the Free Bus Service to the Exhibition

An alternative to the ELR from Bury to Rawtenstall is local bus service 483 to Rawtenstall Town Centre this operates every 20 minutes on Saturday and every 30 minutes on Sunday.

Peter

So chaps one day to go (or for some ill see you tonight!)

If any RMwebbers are coming along this weekend please make your selves known!!! ill be either on Kyle Of Lochalsh or running around

See you all soon

Chris W

So chaps one day to go (or for some ill see you tonight!)

If any RMwebbers are coming along this weekend please make your selves known!!! ill be either on Kyle Of Lochalsh or running around

See you all soon

Chris W

And I'll be on Humber Dock

Ian

Archived