• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

the 4mm scale, 009 gauge Shotton steel Works/Statfold barn Railway Hudswell Badger is now available at £26.00 plus £2.30 P&P.

If you have pre-ordered, you can purchase these straight from the website or await a invoice from myself over the next few days.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Horsetan,

those castings are photographed as they came, no cleaning up done to them.

Yes there was a tender back which ended up in the scrap bin which was probably because it it was worn or didnt come out right, cant remember the exact reason but there are other parts that was the same.

Looks as good as it ever did. I think the casting for the Light Pacific tender rear is missing (old part ref: TB) - Albert definitely produced one to improve the Airfix/ Dapol high-sided tender.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi James,

Yes I've been busy recently mainly with work and moved house last week.

Funny enough I did mention about barber at the wigan exhibition just gone which the basic cut patterns are to hand and the turnings done already so is very slowly getting there.

On the plus side the revised harrogate drewry is now available with etched front grill and steps, improved castings and now included as standard is the jackshaft drive but has pushed the price of the kit up to £31.00, at the moment I'm not able to alter the website as I'm awaiting internet connection at the new house which everything is being done via my mobile phone.

The albert goodall range will be having added shortly his scale drawing and paper overlays but I will not be able to spray these like albert used to so will be cheap.

I am also going to reintroduce alberts headboards shortly but these will be painted as I can do these by hand.

• Like 1

......The albert goodall range will be having added shortly his scale drawing and paper overlays but I will not be able to spray these like albert used to so will be cheap.

I am also going to reintroduce alberts headboards shortly but these will be painted as I can do these by hand.

Robert:

I've just discovered some notes that Albert wrote for the "Rebuilt" light pacifics - would you like a set to go with the reinstated parts range?

Good to hear about the return of the paper overlays - I'm considering using them on an old Crownline "WC", as the etches supplied are slightly too thick and make the 9-foot cab look wrong!

Also, did you obtain the artwork for the crests / shields / flags? Albert always made a point of providing them with the nameplates.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Gold

Yes please Horsetan, can never have enough notes!

I have been passed on more notes so I've got to sit down and go through these.

The crests and badges I havnt taken on as yet as there's still loads for me to so Jim is still dealing with these for the moment.

Hi James,

Yes I've been busy recently mainly with work and moved house last week.

Funny enough I did mention about barber at the wigan exhibition just gone which the basic cut patterns are to hand and the turnings done already so is very slowly getting there.

On the plus side the revised harrogate drewry is now available with etched front grill and steps, improved castings and now included as standard is the jackshaft drive but has pushed the price of the kit up to £31.00, at the moment I'm not able to alter the website as I'm awaiting internet connection at the new house which everything is being done via my mobile phone.

The albert goodall range will be having added shortly his scale drawing and paper overlays but I will not be able to spray these like albert used to so will be cheap.

Cheers RT, look forward to another great kit whenever its ready.

Keep up the good work

James

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Just added to the website is albert goodalls scale drawings and paper overlays.

Also the revised 4mm scale, 009 gauge HGW Drewry is now available again.

Thankyou for emailing the notes over Horsetan.

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all

Has it really been a month since ive last said anything on this thread! Moving house hasn't helped.

Well, not much to report really, development work is slowly being carried out on the 4mm scale sentinel which i'm hoping to have (fingers crossed) a basic test etch of it on display at both the EM and Scale Four exhibitions in september.

However if the next test etch comes out ok and for a surprise, i should have released at the shows the 4mm SG Hudson Tipper Wagon found at many collieries for removing spoil.

Chilton Iron works used to do a model many years ago of it.

Also i should have some of the LT wagon cast parts available for sale.

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If anyone is interested in reserving a hudson tipper wagon provided that they are released on time, please let me know off group/email the quantity and whether you will be picking them up in september at manchester or leatherhead exhibitions.

Prices look likely to be up £15 per wagon including wheels and £70 for a 5x wagon multipack.

Edited by RThompson

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

heres the test build of the 4mm scale Hudson Tipper wagon.

post-8628-0-77241600-1346148073_thumb.jpg

Some minor tweaking needed but otherwise it builds wells, this version sits on the EM/P4 chassis and is built to EM gauge.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good evening everyone,

just to let you know that the 4mm scale hudson tipper wagons are in stock and are priced at £17.00 per wagon or £80.00 for a pack of 5.

The above prices include alan gibson universal wheel profile wheels, if they are not required then the kits are £2.70 less per wagon. £14.30 and £66.50 respectively.

Also to be released all in 4mm scale for the EM gauge north show this weekend and Scaleforum at the end of the month is some surprise detailing items not announched, something for steelworks, something for the southern railway and before covering the late 1800's to the end of steam in 1967 for central and south western sections (and more upgrades to the Albert Goodall range) and LT loco and wagon detailing parts.

(sorry no N class footplate Horsetan at the moment)

The basic Sentinel test etch is here and will be on display both weekends.

The website will not be updated with new items till early october at least.

I hope to see you at either (or both) shows which feel free to introduce yourself and have a chat.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gordon,

They are produced as rigid chassis's but shouldn't take much effort to fit inside square bearings and guides.

Note on the prototype the bearings are fitted to the outside faces of the chassis, NOT the inside like on locos.