• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Just a quick update.

Warley will see some new items released all in 4mm scale, Manning Wardle/Lynton and Barnstaple and SR locomotive lamps, limited quantities though.

Bulleid 4,500 and 5,500 gallon tender chassis brake cylinders,will fit on new chinese made Hornby models, Rebuilt MN locomotive domes.

If the etches arrive in time, I should have released the Manning Wardle K class to follow on the Old Class I.

Hope to see you there

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hopefully I'll have the drawings ready for sending off for a test etch as well as well as austerity lambton cab, L T hurst nelson brake van and 2mm scale and 7mm scale hudson tipper wagons in the new year.

Still awaiting current production etches to arrive for the Class K and to complete existing orders.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
Hi all,

been quite busy with my full time job and with RT Models recently.

Test etch built in the last few evenings with what time ive had of the 7mm scale Hudson tipper wagon.

7mm scale hudson tipper wagon

Very happy with it so production will go ahead shortly.

15thou Nickel silver with 1/8th brass bearings running in hornblocks.

The etched leaf springs i'm not happy with so will be supplied with cast resin leaf springs.

Buffers and couplings to come shortly.

Got the 2mm scale version to finish off now!

The next few months will see lots of releases so will be a busy time for me.

Back to packing kits and a early night is in order!

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

more news, another batch of etches has arrived which includes the Manning Wardle Class K producton batch.

Also the test etch for the 4mm scale London Transport Hurst Nelson Brake van has gone together well on the dry run last night when I got home from work, will solder it up sometime next week when I get time.

More drawings to be emailed off for test etches next week for various kits and parts.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good evening all, been busy recently with both work and RT Models.

I will now be attending Alexandra palace exhibition on march 23rd and 24th march, stand 156.

I should be releasing a few items there but won't give too much away, there's something for 2mm, 4mm and 7mm scales!

At this moment in time, even I'm not sure what will be released as I'm still awaiting some items.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

yes I will come to those in a bit as this is my first chance for a update.

Sorry i missed you Owen, ! must have been on my short spending spree!

The LT wagons are going to be delayed still as the test etches that arrived a few weeks ago have not come out well, very frustrating as all the whitemetal castings and lost wax brass castings for both are now in stock.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Heres my first update for a while, once again been very busy.

I might as well work in scale order as that will be easiest, are you ready!

My first release in 2mm scale is a etched body detaing sheet for the Graham farish Austerity / J94.

Also to come when the drawings have been alterd is the hudson tipper wagon, special thanks go to Alex Duckworth for building the test etch for me.

2mm%20scale%20n%20gauge%20graham%20faris

2mm%20scale%20n%20gauge%20hudson%20tippe

In 4mm scale, narrow gauge im currently working on etched walchaerts valve gear and matching cylinders to compliment my existing valve gear range and will also upgrade the GEM Baldwin 4-6-0, hopefully it will be ready next week?

In 4mm scale Standard gauge, wooden contractors side tipping wagon kit, perfect for running with all those Manning Wardle Old Class I's and K's, provided you have fitted extended buffers although me saying that it was pointed out some at swanscombe had conventional buffing gear and couplings fitted and have found a photo on the internet after doing the kit!

rt%20models%204mm%20scale%20contractors%

Available also is the BTC registered plate (1964) to allow industrial locos to work on the BR mainline or sidings.

Also there has been quite a few items added to the Albert Goodall range.

Finally etched and lost wax brass brake gear.

dsc_8966.jpg

Also lost wax brass tender ladders, tender chassis steps and under cab pipework.

Also released at Alexandra Palace exhibition was the 7mm scale standard gauge Hudson tipper wagon kit,

These have now sold out and another batch will be ordered shortly.

If you are interested in ordering some, please let me know off group.

Available also is the BTC registered plate (1964) to allow industrial locos to work on the BR mainline or sidings.

rt%20models%207mm%20scale%20hudson%20tip

csc_8817_crop.jpg

Thats all for now!

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 3

Your Goodall parts range resurrection and expansion is outstanding. I had heard about it but not being able to visit any exhibitions could not see or obtain any parts. I have two Hornby WC pacifics in need of rebuilding and detailing to the 1945-47 period.

Was there an original WC smokebox door without BR number plate in the Goodall range?

Also would it be somewhere in the future for a possible etch to reproduce the original WC cab (or was this in the Goodall range too, just not "gotten around too"?)

thanks

.....would it be somewhere in the future for a possible etch to reproduce the original WC cab (or was this in the Goodall range too, just not "gotten around too"?)

Albert originally rendered this as a paper overlay, I seem to recall.....

In 4mm scale Standard gauge, wooden contractors side tipping wagon kit, perfect for running with all those Manning Wardle Old Class I's and K's, provided you have fitted extended buffers although me saying that it was pointed out some at swanscombe had conventional buffing gear and couplings fitted and have found a photo on the internet after doing the kit!

See Model Railway Constructor February 1984 for a drawing.

There is a Drawing published in 'Industrial wagons an introduction'  by David Monk-Steel and pulished by the Industrial Railway Society of the one that was at Middle Engine Lane.

There is indeed. The drawing that I refered to in the MRC is of a wagon from Kent (exact location unknown) fitted with conventional buffers.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Pix,

At the moment there isn't anything else planned in 2mm scale except for something in 1/160 scale due to it being for the continental market but can't say what it is just yet! .

After shrinking the hudson down and altering the drawings so it was decided to have something to complement it so did a detailing sheet to improve the austerity / j94 as I had the drawings avalable from doing the 4mm scale version.

Liking the 2mm stuff Robert - is there much else in the pipeline?

Pix

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello Missy,

Hopefully in the next couple of months depending on the next test etch.

Hello Robert.

I had a chat with you at the Ally Pally show (on Saturday) about those hoppers in 2mm. When did you say they will be ready for sale?

Thanks

Missy.

• RMweb Gold

Hello Autocoach,

no there wasn't a smokebox door produced without the BR numberplate by Albert

The paper overlay as Horsetan correctly says was produced (and still is) as a paper overlay but will be produced in the near future as a one piece etch.

As an aside, i've now taken stock of what nameplates that Albert had left as well as his badges which i will try to get them produced once again but this will be quite a few months away before any of his badges is released.

Due to the amount of variants of nameplates in stock from different companies these will only be sold upon request or at the limited number of exhibtions I attend (limited due to the nature of my full time job :senile:  ).

Once the nameplates are sold out they are sold out as I do not intend on restocking them plus one or 2 of the companies dont exist anymore!

Stangely amongst them there is non sothern stuff as well such as A4's!

Edited by RThompson

....The paper overlay as Horsetan correctly says was produced (and still is) as a paper overlay but will be produced in the near future as a one piece etch.

Nothing stopping you from using the paper overlay as a template on brass sheet, and cutting out your own original cab if you can't wait for the etch.