Gloucester Fast Freight bogie brass etch 4mm

lippy

I have had an etch done for Gloucester Fast Freight bogies. The bogies were fitted to UKF and Kemira Pallet vans as produced in 4mm by Lima and now Hornby.

The etch is a simple fold up and solder with your own taste in brass bearings.

It will need a cosmetic frame adding to suit, these being available from S-Kits and Appleby Model Engineering (AME) if still available.

I now have the final sheet that I am going to have done so now is the time to order them.

They are £2.90 a pair plus P&P

They will be sold on a First come first served basis

post-2282-0-99794400-1316426457.jpg

What you get is a pair of these.

post-2282-0-87241100-1316426424.jpg

Shown with Appleby Cosmetic frame not part of the etch

Please note this photo is from the test etch and the fold up part was adjusted to make it easier to fold.

Please use PM to contact me if interested.

Thank you

Lee

• 2 years later...

Hello Jon

If he hasn't yet done them I can see how much another etch would cost. Minimum of 29 pairs per etch so would need to see how much demand there is for them. 

Lee

Thanks Lee, Provided they aren't too expensive I'd be prepared to underwrite the cost of an entire sheet myself - I don't need anything fancy like compensation.

Jon

I'll take at least 10 pairs.

• 1 month later...

Hello Jon

Your the 2nd person to ask me in the last fortnight.

I sold out of them and said I wouldn't be getting anymore done.

However I was told Colin Craig may have done some of his compensated ones.

If he hasn't yet done them I can see how much another etch would cost. Minimum of 29 pairs per etch so would need to see how much demand there is for them. 

Lee

Hi Lee

I would like 5 pairs........

Cheers

Rob Mills

Further to Simon (youths) post I have looked into these etches again.

I'm sorry to say that they have gone up in price again (blame China, VAT, George Osbourne, etc)

I have got a price per etch in Nickel Silver and Brass.

Last time I only had Brass as an option.

So based on the prices inc a royalty payment to the bloke who originally did the artwork for me I'm looking at about £3.50 plus P&P which won't be cheap now Royal Mail are Privatised!!

This based on Nickel Silver Brass slightly cheaper about £3.20

I won't be in a position to confirm anything until First week in New Year.

Please confirm that you are prepared to pay for those you have indicated on here.

Jon Hall see your messages re a full etch.

Simon (youth) I take it you'll collect them.

Cheers chaps and all the best for Christmas and New Year

Lee

Further to Simon (youths) post I have looked into these etches again.

I'm sorry to say that they have gone up in price again (blame China, VAT, George Osbourne, etc)

I have got a price per etch in Nickel Silver and Brass.

Last time I only had Brass as an option.

So based on the prices inc a royalty payment to the bloke who originally did the artwork for me I'm looking at about £3.50 plus P&P which won't be cheap now Royal Mail are Privatised!!

This based on Nickel Silver Brass slightly cheaper about £3.20

I won't be in a position to confirm anything until First week in New Year.

Please confirm that you are prepared to pay for those you have indicated on here.

Jon Hall see your messages re a full etch.

Simon (youth) I take it you'll collect them.

Cheers chaps and all the best for Christmas and New Year

Lee

Hi Lee,

I will be delighted to have five sets in Brass at about £3.20 each  +P&P

Cheers

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Are you planning to do another run, as I have about 10 PWA's I'd like to rebogie?

Sorry to keep butting in BD, I'm not stalking you, but, Lee's etch is correct wheelbase in case you were thinking of using S Kits side frames, the S Kits etch obviously fits though.

Mike.

Sorry to keep butting in BD, I'm not stalking you, but, Lee's etch is correct wheelbase in case you were thinking of using S Kits side frames, the S Kits etch obviously fits though.

Mike.

Ah, I've just sussed that I need the Appleby bogie side frames, not S Kits, plus the etches for my PWA's. Using these etches would certainly make assembly of the S Kits bogies easier though if I want to rebogie my Lima TEA's.

• RMweb Gold

Ah, I've just sussed that I need the Appleby bogie side frames, not S Kits, plus the etches for my PWA's. Using these etches would certainly make assembly of the S Kits bogies easier though if I want to rebogie my Lima TEA's.

Rather worryingly I've heard John Talbot has stopped doing casting and only does transfers now.

Not having adequate Internet capabilities I'm unable to contact him and confirm or deny.

Mike

In answer to the question about another run, in the short term No.

Reason being the bloke who did the artwork and arranged for the etch to be made via his contacts has been seriously ill. The last thing he needs is work. 

I did have interest in about half an etch but given the above those people understood that it wouldn't be in the short term. 

If I do have another etch done I will update this page.

Hope you understand

Lee

• 6 months later...

I have a small number of Lee Davies' bogies, but I am only selling them with my underfame etches (which can be had on their own). I believe Lee has a small stock but he ins't a regular on here, you could try a PM through the DEMU forum if you are a member.

Underframe etch (1 wagon) £2.50
Underframe etch plus bogie etch £6.00
both plus postage at cost - send me a pm if interested

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/45568-lima-ukf-palvans-adding-a-little-variety/

Jon

I have a small number of Lee Davies' bogies, but I am only selling them with my underfame etches (which can be had on their own). I believe Lee has a small stock but he ins't a regular on here, you could try a PM through the DEMU forum if you are a member.

Underframe etch (1 wagon) £2.50

Underframe etch plus bogie etch £6.00

both plus postage at cost - send me a pm if interested

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/45568-lima-ukf-palvans-adding-a-little-variety/

Jon

Thanks Jon, let me know if you do sell your stock. As I said given time I will explore the procurement of another etch, but it will depend on the health of the bloke who did the original artwork and etches.

• 1 year later...

Is there any one else wanting some Etches?

Had a request for some more, but I would need a few more to make it viable.

Please reply to this and send me a Personal message.

Sorry no prices yet but probably gone up again since I last had them done :O

Ok

I have enough interest to get another etch done, I have spoken to the Person who deals with the etches for his own work and he says Fine. Not got a date yet as he has just had an order done so it will be when he next has some of his own items to collect. 

Price is TBC but he says it won't have gone up too much, that is unless VAT goes up in the Budget. 

Postage however has gone up so this will be something to consider. 

I will contact people who have messaged me when I have the etch. 

Many thanks for your interest and I hope to see lots of BR Blue era diesel layouts with trains of UKF vans on the Exhibition circuit soon :O

Archived