00 RHTT kit

• RMweb Gold

ive got one i made up myself, first ever go at soldering and i was impressed with the finished article, the only thing i did change was the bogies, i replaced the cast whitemetal bogies with some off a Dapol fea twin.

DSCF2001.jpg

DSCF2002.jpg

DSCF2003.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

DSCF2006.jpg

DSCF2007.jpg

DSCF2008.jpg

DSCF2009.jpg

DSCF2012.jpg

DSCF2013.jpg

DSCF2014.jpg

DSCF2022.jpg

08052010386.jpg

08052010387.jpg

08052010388.jpg

the tanks are resin...

DSCF3074.jpg

DSCF3075.jpg

Image941.jpg

the module is from sjr models

Image939.jpg

DSCF3184.jpg

i bought all the bits for the kit from shawplan btw

• RMweb Premium

Shawplan aren't stocking many S-Kits items these days, but I think can get them to order.

Nairnshire Modelling Supplies do carry good S-Kits stocks, but don't show the RHTT on their website. A quick call may be in order.

Transfers were from Frank at Scale Model Transfers, but unfortunately no longer available. I would call John Peck at Preceision Labels if I needed another set.

It's worth weighting the spine etch before sealing it up.

post-408-0-23193200-1320085342_thumb.jpg

The jetting module is from SJR (I think S-kits now supply this) and requires modifying with wire handrails and added footstep.

post-408-0-99652100-1320085303_thumb.jpg

I think there's also a Sandite module available, for the RHTT's that carry out that duty. My local RHTT used to be 2 wagons with 5 tanks and one jetting module, but another wagon with 3 water tanks was added either last year or the year before. Coincidentally, it's due by my house in about 35 mins with DRS/Fastline 66 power. (66304/434).

Cheers,

Mick

• 4 weeks later...

Brilliant! I've been looking for info on these kits for quite some time, and I'm glad I stumbled across this before posting a question elsewhere and getting my hand slapped!

I take it the kit is for the one FEA-F, so obviously I'd need to get hold of two of them (writing a request for a catalogue/price list as I type!). How many extras were needed to complete the flat, apart from wheels?

I'm now definately set on having a go at recreating a pretty common train around York in the last month or so, especially with a pair of 20s in charge #classictraction

post-7895-0-05527900-1322034586_thumb.jpg

post-7895-0-46910200-1322034617_thumb.jpg

post-7895-0-01018800-1322034648_thumb.jpg

post-7895-0-88021400-1322034682_thumb.jpg

All of the above photos were taken around York with a couple of hours on November 2 2011

Thanks for the build photos too, it doesn't look too complex, which is a help as it shouldn't (famous last words) be too frustrating!

Cheers

J

• RMweb Gold

i took the pic this afternoon in crewe, dunno what it was doing or where it was going though, beast66606 says it was showing on gen lists for the area though so someone will know!

it came in from the north and was in the process of being run round.

• RMweb Gold

here is vid i got earlier of the RHTT departing marylebone with a filthy 66001 and 66019 providing the power, kf you weathered a model like is no one would believe you if you said it was prototypical!!

3f3f1473.jpg

seeing this reminded me why i used to go through at least 2 jackets a season when i used to work the RHTT at drs!!

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Following (off-board) encouragement from RMweb member Jaymz Hatstand he encouraged me to blog-up my recent efforts at making

a "budget" RHTT, using Hornby Railroad items, and scratchbuilding.

So, here's the build method in my Blog Entry.

You should be able to knock this up for about £35, in two nights, with little or no scratchbuilding expertise.

NB: I realise that it's not exactly prototypical, nor is it it meant to be, but it's a good use for all those "Shell" wagons you may have kicking around!

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

The model RHTT looks great, I'll have to make one for my DRS depot, just one quick question, where do you get the wheels? Thanks for the help...

Tom

who is that question aimed at swifty?

my wheels (bogies in fact) are from a Dapol fea twin wagon, the s-kits kit does come supplied with whitemetal bogies but i had trouble putting them together so i swapped them for ready made ones, i did however use romford wheels and bearings, cant reemember the size but they were from my stockbox and intended for a 153 conversion so they were probably too big!

who is that question aimed at swifty?

my wheels (bogies in fact) are from a Dapol fea twin wagon, the s-kits kit does come supplied with whitemetal bogies but i had trouble putting them together so i swapped them for ready made ones, i did however use romford wheels and bearings, cant reemember the size but they were from my stockbox and intended for a 153 conversion so they were probably too big!

Thanks Jim,

The question was aimed a anyone who had done the conversion before, anyway thanks for the help...

(by the way your old Warmington DRS depot looks fantastic)

• 4 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have a complete kit including chassis and wheels

The only part missing are the instructions.

If any one out there could scan it and email it I'd be most grateful

Terry

post-2180-0-96582000-1483984806.jpg

Archived