Dapol Cl 56 in "N" - When?

admiles

lol,

i hope not!

The model was shown in 1st EP status at the recent Hattons open day celebrating their 65th birthday.

2nd EP is being progressed with but slightly delayed due to Chinese new year.

I hope to have something pained ,if not released at Ally Pally show at the end of March.

cheers

Dave

BR Blue for me! Of course I need to find a reason for one of these thrashing around in North Wales....LOL

I spent a lot of time researching the class 56 when I was modeling one for a rail simulator..(shame it never got finished) I do love the class though so no excuse needed to snap one or two of these up :D

Regards

Lee :)

• RMweb Premium

I didn't know Dapol was doing a 56!?!

One of my fav loco's! Is there more news/detail of this somewhere? planned liveries etc?

Regards

Lee :D

Whilst I see that Dave has given you the livery info Lee there are a couple of other threads that you might want to read through.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/34568-class-56/

and

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/49399-Dapol-56-handbuilt-model-image/

Thanks for the links Kris. I'll go check them out!

Thanks for the info Robert. I doubt there would be many sightings of a 56 at a North Wales branch terminus, but at least they were in the area. Tbf, by the time I get my hands on one, I'll have probably started my larger plans for a more main-line locatation in NW.

A very exciting loco indeed :D

Regards

Lee :)

• 1 month later...

This seems to have dropped right down the list and perhaps almost off the radar, so to some extent this post is a bump.

However, is there any news or update on a launch date? Previously it was said that the launch/availability would be either Ally Pally or the end of March (which are only a week apart). Is this schedule still on and will there be anyhting of a 56 to see at Ally Pally over this coming weekend?

G.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Grahame,

After the early Feb posts (#2 and #6 above) the most recent report I've seen was on Dapol's facebook page in a reply:

Dapol Ltd Hi Phillip, the Class 56 should be out around July time. We may bring out Dummies out in the future, but not with this first batch.

1 March at 00:38

With Dave having a little fun teasing us with the run up to Ally Pally I'd hope there should be something to see there B)

Regards, Gerry.

Indeed, who knows what might be unveiled at the show tomorrow?

Don't forget the new announcements tomorrow at 11.00am both here and at the show.

Cheers

Dave

You do, I assume. Unless you have multiple products ready and you just pull a number out of a hat as to which to go with.

Chris

Hmmmmmmm lighten up Chris, I thought this was supposed to be a hobby?

Unless you were joking, in which case I'm sorry I missed your emoticon.

Cheers

Dave

Making an announcement about an announcement is similar to the TV thing about announcing results after half an hour of waiting, just get on with it!

Its not like the nVidia graphics card earlier in the week, there was a wait for an announcement but the cards could be purchased immediately.

• RMweb Premium

Painted pre-production samples on display at AP today

6f6d891e.jpg

Tom :)

Oh no! Orange cantrail stripes on the blue 56! Please leave them off on the production version so those that want them can add them--surely far easier than removing them.

• RMweb Gold

Isn't the FGW class 153 the special edition from "antics" announced long ago?

I think that one has died a death...perhaps Dapol decided to 'cut out the middle man'...

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Oh no! Orange cantrail stripes on the blue 56! Please leave them off on the production version so those that want them can add them--surely far easier than removing them.

Just seen Ben's shot of the blue Romanian at Nottingham-- really looks the business--and no orange stripe--yippee! Just what the doctor ordered. Cheers Dave!

Archived