Why is this so rarely modelled?

Guest jim s-w

Just a quick question - When did the first Brush 4's receive their full yellow ends whilst in two tone green ?. Was it possible to see such a loco alongside steam in 1968 ?.

I've dug out my old Blue / Grey Lima Mk1's & Hornby Mk2's (a couple have hideous silver window surrounds), will stick em on the layout & take a couple of pix for old times sake !!

Brit15

wouldnt know the date, ill leave that to the experts here, but i have seen shots of full yellow end 47's alongside working steam. can only manage this one at the moment, flying scotsman towed to Liverpool docks.

6877984629_fda4a3a8ca_b.jpg

022 F_4472 being moved passed Bootle Jcn by edgehillsignalman, on Flickr

Couple of quick pix of Blue / Grey on my layout. These coaches have not seen the light of day for over 17 years !!. The Mk 2's date from around 1973. Unlined Black 5 is a Hornby LMS Railroad renumbered.

post-6884-0-11072800-1336329586.jpg

post-6884-0-20236900-1336329601.jpg

Hmmm - Time to dig out my Blue Lima diesels.

Brit15

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Great pics. Thanks very much guys.

On the full yellow ends question, I don't know exactly but my reasoning is as follows.Br blue came in in 1966. That involved full yellow ends, so would full yellow ends not be applied from that date? So this would give 1966-August 1968 to have full yellow ended green or blue diesels running with steam. Is this correct?

Legend, your probably right. It was a long, long time ago, and I can't remember. A pix of a FYE two tone green Brush 4 alongside a steam loco would prove it - but I've not seen one - yet.

Great photos Michael.

As I had a dozen blue / grey coaches to hand I now have 3 mixed blue / grey & maroon rakes running. Will remove all the Blood & Custards and the early crest steam tomorrow. Pity alot of my steam fleet has to go (temporarily, of course). All my Lima blue diesels are Tops numbered, so I will renumber a couple (someday !!).

Interesting this era, Another thing about this era was most 50's track & infrastructure was still existing, but many yards & sidings were empty / scarcely occupied. More stock to the cupboards, no layout changes needed, a whole new scene & it's cost me nowt either !!!

Here's a photo I took in Oct 67 at Leeds City.

post-6884-0-20903900-1336335237.jpg

Brit15 (which will be staying on the layout !!)

Edited by APOLLO