Why is this so rarely modelled?

Guest jim s-w

Saw a photo in a book somewhere of a 56xx towards the end with what appears to be a TOPS style data panel chalked on the smokebox!

As for the 'LMS', don't tempt me - I've got a free evening and a black 5 that needs finishing... Must resist!

Edited by 37255
  • Like 1

Guest Max Stafford

Truly some bizarre goings on here! One persistent rumour I have heard is that in early '67 or thereabouts, Polmadie experimented with yellow panels on one of the surviving tank locos. No visual evidence is known to exist of this but it would be one hell of a find - assuming (admittedly unlikely!) there was some actual substance to the tale!

Dave.

• Like 1

Just found this thread so apologies if this has been said already - I'll read the full thread in good time.

For me, growing up in the Blue era was a bit boring. The solution was Blue and Green diesels with Blue/Grey and Maroon coaches.

As a bonus, modelling NE region, I could roster a few kettles on excursion trains and holiday extras. Ok, in the main, B1's and Black 5's, but what a variety!.....

Best era for modelling in my humble opinion.....

Cheers.

Sean.

Edited by the penguin of doom
  • Like 1

I cant quite make out on the video but one of the words in giant letters on the tender is "C R A P"

That's nothing, an EWS coal hopper went passed me a few months ago and had 'C*NT' in six foot high letters!

• Like 1

This thread has cost me a few bob, though not too much. I allready had some blue diesels & DMU's, along with a handfull of Blue & Grey Mk !'s and 2's. I've bought half a dozen various secondhand blue / grey Mk 1's. Thats enough for me.

This is the era I remember best - the very end of steam in Lancs & Yorks when I was a teenager. I don't need any layout infrastructure changes, and when I want to go earlier its's just off with the Blue diesels & Blue & Grey stock and on with the early crest steam & blood & custard. Just about everything else stays where it is.

I can't beleive the above shot, Green MK 2, Choc & cream pullman, blue / grey MK 1 full brake & a clean steam loco !! (didn't see 'owt like this at Wigan exhibition last week !!)

Superb.

Brit15

• Like 2

Now keeping an eye out for one on eBay with damaged paint! Though whether anyone would ever believe it if I modelled it... Another one in the 'remember to print out some reference photos if I ever exhibit it' category! :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Max Stafford

Astonishing to think that just a year earlier, there wouldn't have been a trace of blue. In fact, just six months earlier would have been the same!

Dave.

Thank you Porcy Mane for the Flickr link. That site must be the best transport site on Flickr, trains, trolleybuses, trams, buses, all top quality pictures.

Tom.

Certainly a photographer who puts the emphasis on Quality rather than Quantity.

Yet another Black n' Blue shot from the same guy... with the manufactory of the renowned "Pelaw Polish" as a back drop.

http://flic.kr/p/bcb9dz

Edit; This looks tasty With D5168 Kicking out as much exhaust as the 9F it's piloting.

http://www.railpictu...d=233799&nseq=0

Porcy

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

this is rarely done, the single DMU car at the rear.

ive also seen this on a video called West riding steam with a fairburn tank heading some parcel vans with a class 101 car at the rear.

c.06/1968 - Dringhouses, York. by 53A Models, on Flickr

Edited by Andy Y
Image removed due to copyright dispute.
  • Like 4