Why is this so rarely modelled?

Guest jim s-w

• 2 weeks later...

I think a few did run like that, there is footage and other shots of them running in pink primer, would make an interesting model, either to do or if Bachmann did one

Not sure which volume - but I'm sure there's a pic of a pink Hymek in one of the Bradford Barton 'Diesels in.....' series

• 2 weeks later...

For those modelling this era Hattons have currently the excellent Bachman Mk 2 FK first corridor coach in Southern region green bargain at £16. Also a maroon one at £20. Mk 1 Blue / grey buffet is a bargain also at £17

http://www.ehattons.com/32756/Bachmann_UK_39_333A_BR_Mk2_FK_First_Corridor_in_BR_Green_/StockDetail.aspx

I've more or less redated my layout to 1966/7, though a bit of modellers licence has to apply here and there. I must say the Blue and Grey (and a bit of green !!) certainly adds colour to my layout more than I realised.

Brit15

this is rarely done, the single DMU car at the rear.

ive also seen this on a video called West riding steam with a fairburn tank heading some parcel vans with a class 101 car at the rear.

c.06/1968 - Dringhouses, York. by 53A Models, on Flickr

One day............soon you will.

Edited by Andy Y
Image removed due to copyright dispute.

steam could be seen alongside these blue and grey coaches too.

2128265533_4df1665251_o.jpg

R1029 - Stafford by BarkingBill, on Flickr

There's a dvd available which has some cine footage on it from Stoke on Trent in about 1967 with AL6s in small yellow end livery, the Manchester Pullman and Mk2 stock in b/g, and a whole smorgasbord of Standard 9fs, LMS Black 5 and 8fs, Standard and Ivatt 2MTs and Standard 4MTs, plus other footage of Stockport in a similar vein. I'm currently designing my new shed layout to be as "era free" as possible to allow me to switch between 1967, the later Rail Blue years and sector eras as, having started primary school alongside the Trent Valley main line in 1968, seeing early blue electrics with green diesels, and mixed rakes of maroon and blue/grey coaching stock is one of my earliest railway memories. Unlike those who saw decline and decay and who probably would prefer to forget this period, I could see exciting fast new electrics that were the future and modern, which left a lasting impression on this five year old!

It's a wonder I learned anything at school really the amount of time I spent gazing out of the window.

• Like 2

Now, I like that! Filthy, no plates - but no steam leaks visible on the engine. To me, it's a credit to the shed staff, and the best of what I remember of that time - people doing their best with what they were given, and concentrating limited resources on the important things - function, not appearance.

Edited by pH
  • Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, the Red square visible on the bodyside will be a posting box which some TPO's were fitted with, confirming it to be a TPO in my view.

Cheers.

San.

Sean,

The distinctive windows just below the cantrail confirm your assertion as well.

Andy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...