Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Very realistic.

Good shot with the lippy.

PJ

I admit the lipstick and red noses were no too difficult. In fact usually it is hard to not make the lippy look like that :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Getting the eyes done might prove difficult...I plan to try painting the eyes with a needle, in the hope of getting eyebrows etc......wish me luck.

Eyes  ....

White splodges over both eye sockets [cream if having the effects of the night before  ..  !!]  .....   tiny vertical stripe [not worth trying a dot] in pupil colour and canted in the direction you want it to look  .........   when dry skin colour - paint in lower lid over the other two colours, then shadow skin-colour to paint top lid over the White and Pupil  ....   finish rest of face  .....

.....   needs a very steady hand but works well, with care  ...   :drag:

Too much Yellow   ..................    :jester:  :jester: :jester:  

Just Clowning  .....   Oops, wrong Open Day  .....   :angel:

Kal and I have agreed that with so many things to do we are ignoring the main point of the redo...goathland station. So I am going back to concentrating on sorting out the scenery around the station. Then I will do one of the Open Days that NYMR does so well. A bit of an army reenactment...and I shall 'Send in the clowns"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VpiONyu87TU Barbara Streisand

Judy Collins 1976
  • Like 1

Eyes  ....

White splodges over both eye sockets [cream if having the effects of the night before  ..  !!]  .....   tiny vertical stripe [not worth trying a dot] in pupil colour and canted in the direction you want it to look  .........   when dry skin colour - paint in lower lid over the other two colours, then shadow skin-colour to paint top lid over the White and Pupil  ....   finish rest of face  .....

.....   needs a very steady hand but works well, with care  ...   :drag:

When you did the military figures. Did you use a needle? Or some such? Or could you get away with a fine paintbrush. A brush will be too much I think.

Kal said  that we can name the clowns after some of our friends. (With only 8 character we cannot immortalise everyone....but anyone wishing to offer alternative should feel free....i.e. for some one you know here ....

I'll give you the usual culprits....and you can see if you can second guess us............... and how we named them. LMAO. :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

In no particular order.

DT

J

foggy

Mick

Freebs 

Bodge

Shaun

Al

The clowns in question  :crazy:

....will be outed during the day and evening and each one showcased with a picture.  :tease:

After you guys have had a chance. :D   

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

I am most flattered!  I would have chosen "The Tears Of A Clown" as the song, though.  Either the Smokey Robinson version or the one by The Beat have me smiling and dancing about by a loon, and indeed did when I was making the roast dinner on Sunday and the former came on on the kitchen radio...

• Like 1

Those Hornby close couplers look impressive are they just NEM Pocket fits?

Hi

Yes they just plug into the NEM pocket, they are very very similar to the ROCO ones, they act like a fixed bar but still allow remote decoupling, via a ramp or stick

The "Eyes have it"..............

When you did the military figures. Did you use a needle? Or some such? Or could you get away with a fine paintbrush.

You can get away with a very fine paintbrush as you are layering one coat above another. The vertical line for the pupil is just the thinnest stripe with the tip of a very fine Sable / Squirrel [are they allowed any more?]

The eye-lids are simply [??] edged up to what you want to leave visible  ...   one of the tricks, this solves is not to leave the top and bottom of the Pupil visible, or it looks like the person has just seen Jimmy Carr take his Pants down in public.   the first Russian Tank roll down the High Street   .........  :O  :no:  :nono:

Knowing J. He is the most likely to be waiting be waiting with baited breath. So I have decided he should be first. Especially as this will please minidriver.

So .....Ladies and Gentleman......I introduce to the fun of the Big Top.......todays parade is led by the clowns, and our first Clown today is......

The talented.....the high flying and ever humorous......our own...give a big hand..... to The Hilarious Mr J Humphreys whose is always free............

med_gallery_17883_3112_73481.jpgrmweb1206clown6

med_gallery_17883_3112_135718.jpgrmweb1207clowns7

• Like 3

Oooooooh   ............   just look at that car   ...................  I do love a Union Jack  ..................   :angel:

Goodness gracious Mr Grainger    ..............   take a look over there   ..................    will you look at that girl in the car .......     

......................   Mr Grainger?  ...........     Oooh dear, he's nodded off again  .............  Mr Grainger - wake up, look   ......... .....    hardly got a stitch on  .................    really attractive too   ......     gracious me - I think I might be on the turn   .........    in this weather too  .....   

..................   mind you, that Miss Brahms hasn't half got a good pair of lungs     .............    I'm having quite disturbing thoughts    ...............  :angel:

............................  Oh dear - I had better go for a chat with Mrs Slocombe - that'll bring set me right again   ...........  she is bound to start on about her pussy again   ...............   :O  :nono:

Boys and girls.....Let me introduce to you...

Our second clown of the day.......the truly infamous...... he's been in the newspapers....check out The Guardian.

He's mad.....

He's bad.....

He knows every trick ......

................The really mellow.........Mr  Mostly Yellow Mick ........

................The really mellow.........Mr  Mostly Yellow Mick ........

med_gallery_17883_3112_328251.jpgrmweb1208clown8

med_gallery_17883_3112_522540.jpgrmweb1209clown9

med_gallery_17883_3112_622053.jpgrmweb1210clown10

med_gallery_17883_3112_528890.jpgrmwb1211clown11

playing to the crowd.....as usual..... :jester:

• Like 4

I'd like to introduce to you.......Our third clown......He's a goon.....he's a loon........

he's the man always with a balloon......Mr. A. C. G. ........give a cheer to everyone's pal........the really Dodgy Al...... :jester:

med_gallery_17883_3112_195850.jpgrmweb1212clown12

med_gallery_17883_3112_404144.jpgrmweb1214clown14

med_gallery_17883_3112_30275.jpgrmweb1216clown16

med_gallery_17883_3112_219415.jpgrmweb1215clown15

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to introduce to you.......Our third clown......He's a goon.....he's a loon........

he's the man always with a balloon......Mr. A. C. G. ........give a cheer to everyone's pal........the really Dodgy Al...... :jester:

rmweb1212clown12

rmweb1214clown14

rmweb1216clown16

rmweb1215clown15

I'm really flattered... I think  :scratchhead:

BUT!

Not fat enough!!!

:D

Al.

Roll up Roll up...we have clown number four.......

Water water every where and not a drop to drink.....

A nudge...a smirk....a wink

The man is habitually in the pink!!!

The clown who'll make you blue...

If it's the last that that he'll do..

Watch out.....beware......

For that CW&R stare.......

Give a big hand......for our fighting fit.......Mr Fidgetty Foggy....the clown who's sure to make you soggy!!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3112_97321.jpgrmweb1218clown19

med_gallery_17883_3112_129196.jpgrmweb1220clown20

med_gallery_17883_3112_386607.jpgrmweb1221clown21

med_gallery_17883_3112_248335.jpgrmweb1222clown22

med_gallery_17883_3112_159937.jpgrmweb1223clown23

• Like 4

The big top has more, last was four now is five....

a man lucky to be alive......

The do Ron Ron of cobbling

The redo do Son of modelling

Never sure if it's good enough.....

so concerned it's just too rough......

I give to you the man with real flower power.........our magician.....who pulls it out of the bag........I don't need to brag.

Give a big cheer .............for the one the only....

The almost one eyed  Lee

med_gallery_17883_3112_69674.jpgrmweb1224clown24

When a clown offers you flowers

med_gallery_17883_3112_138478.jpgrmweb1225clown25

plastic flowers

med_gallery_17883_3112_624279.jpgrmweb1226clown26

you'd think...you'd think

med_gallery_17883_3112_163524.jpgrmweb1227clown27

and avoid....

med_gallery_17883_3112_30195.jpgrmweb1228clown28

the concequences!!!

• Like 2