Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

I probably cant read for looking back at the pages but how much extra length does the old loft part give you on AV.

the new loft where  AV is 43ft 9in, and approx 11f6in wide with two side of 4ft3in of layout.

the old loft (not including the 4ft of stair access) is about 40 give or take a foot, (so about the 44ft in total length)it is almost the same length as the new loft.

there is 30ft or so in length with a similar same width of 11ft6in and is the same height, but at the end the last 10ft it is only 8ft wide and not so high,

there is a wider part than 11foot 6in but it is also is not so high, 

these two areas might not turn out to be even good fiddle yard areas but will at the least be extra storage.

So to recap approx 35 odd foot by 11ft 6in of good usable area, and some scrappy areas which we are not yet certain of.

So we believe conservatively there is about 80feet of good loft space by 11foot wide

although a  certain person said we could take a helix down to the double garage....... :swoon:

• Like 4

the new loft where  AV is 43ft 9in, and approx 11f6in wide with two side of 4ft3in of layout.

the old loft (not including the 4ft of stair access) is about 40 give or take a foot, (so about the 44ft in total length)it is almost the same length as the new loft.

there is 30ft or so in length with a similar same width of 11ft6in and is the same height, but at the end the last 10ft it is only 8ft wide and not so high,

there is a wider part than 11foot 6in but it is also is not so high, 

these two areas might not turn out to be even good fiddle yard areas but will at the least be extra storage.

So to recap approx 35 odd foot by 11ft 6in of good usable area, and some scrappy areas which we are not yet certain of.

So we believe conservatively there is about 80feet of good loft space by 11foot wide

although a  certain person said we could take a helix down to the double garage....... :swoon:

That Young Lady, would need slightly more than a Helix me thinks :no:  hahhahah

That Young Lady, would need slightly more than a Helix me thinks :no:  hahhahah

A firemans pole would have been fun, but I  think we're a little to old for that nowadays.....we did consider a spiral staircase but once you sized them em they needed a room of their own!!!!!!!

Perhaps a slide.......and some mats at the end...

Helter_Skelter_ride_at_Isle_of_Wight_Fescommonswekipedia.org

have you eve noticed that a helper skelter looks like a DALEK?????

Perhaps I should short sort out

1. The Dr Who I was supposed to do ages ago

2. Build a helter skelter for the 1960s Heartbeat area, and for those scary cows.clowns...the helter-skelter could be made to look quite like a giant DALEK!!!!!1

3. Maybe I should contact the BBC and sell them the storyline

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

Unitmodels 2.25 fans-mixed

med_gallery_17883_3149_9835.jpgrmweb3047detailing

I did my usual google search, and found mostly aluminium or galvanised ones so that's what i decided to try

I started off with a metallic finish for the fins of the fan...

med_gallery_17883_3149_40218.jpgrmweb3049detailing

med_gallery_17883_3149_40218.jpgmweb3048detailing9

I wasn't particularly impressed, but I have often started out bad and gotten better so carried on...

I then tried an aluminium fan outside, and the whole colour was rather blah.....no definition

so I thought maybe the resin is too see through I'll put up a white matt and paint on it

med_gallery_17883_3149_40215.jpgrmweb3050detailing11

and dirtied it.....well there is nothing I like so far.......

The shadow in the depth has a little merit.....but no too impressed

• Like 2

I did do another attempt did not like that either....and the paint is getting a bit thick!!!

so I did another google search and went back to white....

med_gallery_17883_3149_295178.jpgrmweb3051detailing12

but did the dirt differently. And this time added some green growth

I can only link the original as its only available as a buy product...

http://www.adpic-images.com/royaltyfree_pictures/Real%20Estate/Miscellaneous/Fan_of_old_airconditioner_59797.html

era the colours I ended up using

med_gallery_17883_3149_464403.jpgrmweb3052detailing13

I also cut some small squares, painted and supeglued them as labels....

I glued a couple together ggggrrrrrr, I got a couple too wet ggggrrrr....one hit the floor.....I didn't even blink...it was lost and i wasn't looking foe something THAT small.....

I ended up with way to much glue.....and they are goopy and need to dry......

the two on the far right on the 'cleaner' air conditioners are most noticeable

med_gallery_17883_3149_369475.jpgrmweb3053detailing14

once the 'mess' is dry I will copydex them on to a building or two for you to see what you think.

Lessons learned......

put a prey or black 'primer' on first when using resin the light shows through

use thin paint...otherwise the detailing disappears at speed!!!!!

f at first you don't get a result you like....try try again....and if you can't get a good facsimile of the picture you  are working on? Get another picture!!!! :jester:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I like the top two, and the middle two are very effective. Not sure on the bottom two as the glossy brown/muck colour looks a bit much to me. But I'm looking forward to seeing where they go from here as I regularly look at your starting points wondering what on earth you're doing and something magical always happens along the way. That's one of the thing I like most about this thread.

I like the top two, and the middle two are very effective. Not sure on the bottom two as the glossy brown/muck colour looks a bit much to me. But I'm looking forward to seeing where they go from here as I regularly look at your starting points wondering what on earth you're doing and something magical always happens along the way. That's one of the thing I like most about this thread.

Yes, I agree, I thought that of the top and middle two originally and put some more white back.....

Once I have trailed them we'll see which looks best....I may need to grot the building down to match such filthy units tho......

• Like 3

I also decided to get on with the pylons and make the other two.

I should be able to 'repair' the damaged one...

med_gallery_17883_3149_433044.jpgrmweb3054detailing15

Then learnt a valuable lesson.....when you but plastic kits....

and open them....BEFORE you cut them up....check the mouldings carefully...while you can still send them back!!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3149_416212.jpgrmweb3055detailing16

the bottom of this leg has to stand in a 'foot' so I will need to address this.......

Also I have done these the vents on the left

med_gallery_17883_3149_42337.jpgrmweb3045detailing6

looking at this you need to check and clean up the resin occasionally as well

med_gallery_17883_3149_96648.jpgrmweb3046deailing

the one to the right is plain grey, and the two to the left are galvanised using a silver grey which i water before i put it on dabbing only here and there

med_gallery_17883_3149_333835.jpgrmweb3058detailing18

then adding some dirt around the crevices

and further back....not so in your face...

med_gallery_17883_3149_319083.jpgrmweb3060detailing20

• Like 7

I did the grills but I think they need more...I suspect they would always be in shadow

med_gallery_17883_3149_191473.jpgrmweb3059detailing

I don't have a real dirty factory building with a flat roof, this is the Hornby Cinema

med_gallery_17883_3149_313146.jpgrmweb3061detailing21

align my shadow with the real shadow

med_gallery_17883_3149_36375.jpgrmweb3062detailing22

• Like 7

Spalding station is getting a small over haul

med_gallery_17883_2781_782924.jpgrmweb3068spalding station3

As you can see it is a fairly attractive building

med_gallery_17883_2781_566793.jpgrmweb3069spaldingstation4

with some nice architectural details

Before the days of Beeching it was massive and is now reduced to just 2 two tracks and two platforms.

med_gallery_17883_2781_67784.jpgrmweb3070spaldingstation5

It is not even open 24/7

• Like 4

Well the fans still need to be boxed...but this is where I am going with them

med_gallery_17883_3149_381902.jpgrmweb3089spaldingstation24

the cleanest one

the grubby one

med_gallery_17883_3149_574175.jpgrmweb3090spladingstation25

and a vent positioned....though it will need to be angled at the bottom if permanently placed on this type of roof

med_gallery_17883_3149_210063.jpgrmweb3091spaldingstation26

• Like 4

Hi Jaz, that's looking good, as you know I am a fan.All the best Adrian.

............................................................... :fan:  :fan:  :fan:

I take it,  A. you have finished reading,this month's BRM..........................over and over and etc.....

I am just downloading the BRM November issue....so I am joining the Westerham fan club......maybe we just need a mutual admiration society.......

ooooh I have the cars for that.......the Italian Job......

nc_italian_job2_090126.standard.jpgnbcnews.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FQl91b7P8HI#t=17

med_gallery_17883_3417_561853.jpgrmweb3094italianjob.1

med_gallery_17883_3417_522594.jpgrmweb3095italainjob2

med_gallery_17883_3417_388395.jpgrmweb3096italiajob.3

med_gallery_17883_3417_311458.jpgrmwebitalianjob.5

med_gallery_17883_3417_2502.jpgrmweb3097italainjob.4

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 6

we just need a mutual admiration society.......

Join Here, No Fees

Meet other Members,with same Interests

Click to view members lists                                                                   A Mutual Admiration Society......

:O  Membership is now full........... :drag: 

Edited by David Todd

hmmm.....

If those three "monkeys" are so wise.....  why have they not pointed out by now, that they are not in fact Monkeys, but Chimpanzees???

Like model railway's,  it is open to your own interpretation,..............suppose,.......you wanna be a purist, then  ??

I painted and 'signed' these some time ago. They are from Ten Commandments, and were plain white plaster when I started. The labels if I remember correctly were in the kit. Being low relief they will come in handy. At the moment they just sit in their boxes until being issued a final position. They are most likely to go on the back scene in the old loft in places where the back scene needs a bit of added interest.

med_gallery_17883_3149_185911.jpgrmweb3092spaldingstation27

med_gallery_17883_3149_109411.jpgrmweb3093spaldingstation28

I am thinking the cleaner ones look better once placed on buildings......

• Like 4