Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Hi Jaz, sorry to read about the hands, and as for needles, well they usually peel me off the floor, hahhaha.

Oh SH*** Blood test on 4th July, book the paramedics now. :O

Hi Jaz, as mentioned elsewhere, your work is much toooooooooo valuable for sick-leave to be allowed!

All the best, Bodge. No excuse for anything less than a full recovery - your list of completed layouts is far too short! ;)

Tony.

Edited by Brass0four
  • Like 3

Hi Kal / Jaz

Happy belated birthday wishes for yesterday mate. Any nice new shiny loco's appeared at all???

Jaz's graffiti is rather good. Better than some of the real stuff I see when I'm out and about. Was there some sort of mis spent youth you're not telling us about. LOL.

Cheers

Marcus

Art College.Three year worth....in the days when you did a full day and a full week.....and they paid YOU for the privilege. :sungum: I grabbed my diploma, and left to take up a full time job. I should perhaps have done the 4th year and got the degree, but I have no regrets on that score.Must admit I look on good graffiti as being free art. As long as it is not damaging peoples proper, however I think on otherwise empty railway walls or bridges if done to a good standard it is really nice.I especially like the ones that look to be breaking through walls or have fire or water effects.

• Like 3

A belated Happy Birthday Kal. Jaz, the graffiti looks brilliant - the oo gauge equivalent of a Banksy. I thought of AV yesterday as I passed through Peterborough on a train trip.  

Can I have @JC added to the wall of flame. I do not mind what colours or effects you use. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!!

A belated Happy Birthday Kal. Jaz, the graffiti looks brilliant - the oo gauge equivalent of a Banksy. I thought of AV yesterday as I passed through Peterborough on a train trip.  
Can I have @JC added to the wall of flame. I do not mind what colours or effects you use. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!!

Happy to do so....I came across several effects I like....so it's a good excuse to add more. With Kal and fire I decided my lvd of water effects and being the opposite of water worked well. I'll see if I can incorporate something catty....for pastel.

• Like 3

I mainly used Chinese water as used on tattoos for inspiration

med_gallery_17883_2760_583080.jpgrmweb2131kal116

med_gallery_17883_2760_266031.jpgrmweb2132kal117

a quick view against Kals

med_gallery_17883_2760_258577.jpgrmweb2133kal118

and viewed from the other direction

med_gallery_17883_2760_33848.jpgrmweb2134kal119

• Like 11

That's really starting to look impressive now. You do realise when you've run out of wall you'll have to start on the rolling stock. Better start hiding your loco's Kal!! Ha Ha.

Anthony's looking forward to seeing his name appear.

Cheers

Marcus

I got it blue and yellow for Anthony.

I'll do @Jc  first as he confirmed first.

I'll finish posting mine, and design both of yours. Then hopefully paint them tomorrow. I'll try some more authentic looking graffiti styles as well. And make sure I can get one good individual picture.

• Like 1

I mainly used Chinese water as used on tattoos for inspiration

med_gallery_17883_2760_583080.jpgrmweb2131kal116

med_gallery_17883_2760_266031.jpgrmweb2132kal117

a quick view against Kals

med_gallery_17883_2760_258577.jpgrmweb2133kal118

and viewed from the other direction

med_gallery_17883_2760_33848.jpgrmweb2134kal119

Hooligans!!!! Vandals!!!!   :nono: ....Top stuff!!!

Dave

• Like 4

By comparison to vivid complexity, my commission, Jaz, is as follows: -

A capital *T* with the vertical taken up,  through and beyond by, say, a  quarter of its normal length - a crucifixion cross with a bit chopped off;

Over a capital *K* which is turned on its side so the vertical is now horizontal,, like the dividing line in a fraction sum. A slight difference is both diagonals should meet, below, like an upside down *V*

Stylistically, it is a Sino-Japanese pictogram, done in black on the plain concrete.

Essentially, it is my initials on professional pen-and-ink artwork. The T is for Tony, and the K is for my surname, King.

I haven't even a working scanner so I can't show you but it couldn't be easier. It doesn't want to be large "2 sleeper-widths X 2 sleeper widths, approx." and will be a contrast to the more sophisticated. Interestingly, studying the Kanji (Jap) I found the top of my signature could read "heaven" and the bottom, "earth.". Having discovered this I was joined to it forever... 

As people will - understandably - be pestering you  with complex pms, I thought I'd offer this alternative. Everything should no be too impressive or the wall might be swamped, having said which, that's your business NOT mine! :)

Palms joined with a respectful bow, Tonkin - as I was known in the Fire Service - I've slightly oriental eyes. lol

Edited by Brass0four
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

The best bit of graffiti I ever saw was in San Francisco in a side street.

A big line of Star Wars storm troopers with the words SUPPORT OUR TROOPS. done underneath with over lapping shadowed letters. Black and white on orange and red back ground, all propaganda   like.

Maybe a little too hard for your wall.

• Like 3

Palms joined with a respectful bow, Tonkin - as I was known in the Fire Service - I've slightly oriental eyes. lol

- don't tell anyone, but - occasionally - as I went about my duties as a Leading Fireman, I overheard myself lovingly described as: "that Jap bastard!"

Happy days. :)

To clarify, Tynemouth Red Watch were the best guys on the planet and I was fortunate to work with them.

Edited by Brass0four
  • Like 1

One of the best in my youth - when large-scale graffiti was unknown - was FREE NELSON MANDELA. ~It was everywhere, mainly white or black but large and in - for then - impressive locations.

Ah, the *60s... sigh.

(Then, and later, a certain M Thatcher called him a terrorist... )

Edited by Brass0four
  • Like 3

The best bit of graffiti I ever saw was in San Francisco in a side street.

A big line of Star Wars storm troopers with the words SUPPORT OUR TROOPS. done underneath with over lapping shadowed letters. Black and white on orange and red back ground, all propaganda   like.

Maybe a little too hard for your wall.

so have you a picture?

this area is not finished but just to give an impression of where we are going

med_gallery_17883_2760_168693.jpgrmweb2141kal126

plus the light is not very god today so it is just snaps

med_gallery_17883_2760_159773.jpgrmweb2142kal127

this area has not had the rails updated as there will be some concrete in here soon

med_gallery_17883_2760_197506.jpgrmweb2143kal128

I'm quite please with the cornet  concrete sleeper retaining wall though and will extend it to behind where the signal box is sitting at the moment

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

I will need to quickly sort this area out in order that it looks good...as I finish the wall

med_gallery_17883_2760_154385.jpgrmweb2144kal129

judicious angling will allow me to make use of the scenery on the other side of the loft

med_gallery_17883_2760_203970.jpgrmweb2145kal130

near the open velux is the police house,

kals

med_gallery_17883_2760_13517.jpgrmweb2146kal131

and Jaz, getting the pictures is an art...i can't see the screen so take several then look to see if anything is useful, and have had to delete several where i am in the picture

med_gallery_17883_2760_628391.jpgrmweb2147kal132

standing on the fuel tanks.....

• Like 1

Waaaaay back I went to a Floyd concert in Auckland NZ. Best bit was the flying pig - caught everyone by surprise. The only regret from those times was missing out on Led Zeppelin. Sigh. The days of my misspent youth.

I don't think you will have much trouble completely filling the wall with "art". Do you have a suitable political statement you could add in or would that date it too much?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

so have you a picture?

No sorry! Like you ever have a camera to hand when needed. I wanted to get a picture of two huge jack rabbits the other morning but the SD card wasn't in the camera and when I found it, it was full. By the time I'd deleted some naff images the rabbits had taken off.