Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Hi Mick & CWR,

He isn't plugged in    .........................................   yet......    :nono:

Does the plug in supply on the wall light up the eyes?

but if he doesn't start to act his age SOON - I might well get to work on it  ...........    and a suitable plug in is sure to be available somewhere  ........    :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Jaz,

Thanks for your full reply.  Flexibark is not really something I have come across until you started to use it on your trees.  You may have noticed I modify figures so I would be using it for that first.  Trees are a long way off, and may not appear on my present layout.

I don't have really early pictures of this, BUT it is not dissimilar to the dogs copper flex bark just laid out flat.

med_gallery_17883_3112_304454.jpgrmweb1465sasquatch12

I looked up sasquatch

o-BIGFOOT-PETER-TRAVERS-570.jpg?12hiffingtonpost.com

The legs aren't bad, but theres no distinctive shoulders....

Hi Mick & CWR,

He isn't plugged in    .........................................   yet......    :nono:

but if he doesn't start to act his age SOON - I might well get to work on it  ...........    and a suitable plug in is sure to be available somewhere  ........    :jester:

Did I ever show you my pencil sharpener:

WP_000226.jpg

It mews plaintively when used ;)

Edited by C&WR

• RMweb Premium

That's truly amazing! (Although I look more like the specimen on the right than a Gigantopithecus)

The one in my avatar was taken at a wax works. They have a habit of peering out from behind trees and their most notable feature is the bad smell, worse than a 6 week old carcass!
There's not much photo reference material for you to work with Jaz. I only have this one which was captured on a game cam down near the California Border up in the Siskiyous .

post-8964-0-21646600-1397239060.jpg

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Here are a couple of pics of the mutts, it took just one doggie biscuit each! 

Gwen is the naughty one, you can see it in her face! She has long white socks at front but just toes at back.

Bobo is very clever and smart. He knows most of his toys by name and can take a Frisbee out of the air 6' off the ground. He's also extremely obedient and will pass up a treat for a ball or the chance to chase down a Frisbee. They are brother and sister, Bobo is a rare sable point not a red, his tail curls over and has some black in it. 

post-8964-0-96659800-1397241078_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-35573900-1397241397.jpg

post-8964-0-05412600-1397241605.jpg

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

and I posed....just like that (Tommy Cooper voice)

med_gallery_17883_3112_329938.jpgrmweb1462sasquatch8

Glass, bottle.  Bottle, glass.

What can one say that has not already been said.  Just amazing.  (I think he needs his nails cutting though.)

Glass, bottle.  Bottle, glass.

What can one say that has not already been said.  Just amazing.  (I think he needs his nails cutting though.)

Oh I did cut them I could have made claws....what a missed opportunity.

• RMweb Premium

Sasquatch is clawless having worked them down to the cuticles, so no worries there!  

All he needs now, is a bottle of Total Domination IPA in his left (beer holder :O) hand, a Stanley blade or camera in the right and a black Kangol baseball cap! 

Sasquatch

I'm loving this BTW.

• Like 1

med_gallery_17883_3112_268797.jpgrmweb1463sasquatch9

and a 'face'

med_gallery_17883_3112_498994.jpgrmweb1464sasquatch10

but the palm is the wrong way up so repaint what is now the back of the hand.

That paperwork said 9ft but mine is more 7ft..

med_gallery_17883_3112_158360.jpgrmweb1464sasquatch11

The Britfarmer

Like this?

med_gallery_17883_3001_453897.jpgrmweb121shepherd2

Or one in Hogsmeade.....the home of magic...which might fit

med_gallery_17883_2757_842488.jpgrmweb1356p00dleparlour1

med_gallery_17883_2757_641840.jpgrmweb1364p00dleparlour10

There is no shortage of homes, and if you are willing to live in a pub I have more.

• Like 2

Sasquatch is clawless having worked them down to the cuticles, so no worries there!  

All he needs now, is a bottle of Total Domination IPA in his left (beer holder :O) hand, a Stanley blade or camera in the right and a black Kangol baseball cap! 

Sasquatch

I'm loving this BTW.

Do you really want a baseball cap? And a beer?

• RMweb Premium

That could be funny or it might just ruin it! It's fantastic the way it is!!

The truth would have him glued to a laptop more like or sctatching his head with a carpenters pencil behind his ear!! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jaz

As you've made a model of a man in a monkey suit err.......sorry :O ........a sasquatch. Isn't it time for a Dalek invasion????? ;)

Regards Lez.Z.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jaz

As you've made a model of a man in a monkey suit err.......sorry :O ........a sasquatch. Isn't it time for a Dalek invasion????? ;)

Regards Lez.Z.

Ouch!  :nono: I bet you haven't even been in the NW woods,in fact it Sounds like you spend a lot of time in front of the TV!

I had been thinking if I made the shape from something soft enough I could push small balls equi distant into the body, and with some thin styrene form the weapons. But I am not taking on new ones for the minute. I really need to get back to the layout proper. This is fun, I will do more. But not yet. But Dr Who's Daleks will be fun.